Hunter - Pill press/ playing ammo footy still i think
Banfield - Managing director or some sort in a company
Water - Terminator T2000/ marathon runner/ big wig in a company overseas
A Selwood - Was head of Woman's footy at WCE but over in Victoria now
Butler - Still a legend and working at WC in some form
Braun - Loves good wine
Hansen - AFL assistant

Last edited:

2006 premiership reunion may as well be held at the jail...
Agreed.

I've always maintained that if they ever held a Govo school reunion from my era the best place to hold it would be Canning Vale. The majority of people wouldn't have far to go. Same logic really.

An interesting bunch that 06 side.

Some doing really well and some not lol

Judd - Some box factory rep
Cuz - Jail
Kerr - Jail
Fletcher - Making beads in Bali
Embley - Chef/radio host
Seaby - Plumber
Jones - Financial guru
Glass - CHF
Lynch - Ammo coach?
Armstrong - Colts coach?
Chick - Mines?
B Jones - Working at cricket Australia
Cox - Swans coach righthand man at the Swans
Stenglein - Not sure
Wirra - Boss of his foundation
Hunter - Pill press/ playing ammo footy still i think
Banfield - Managing director or some sort in a company
Water - Terminator T2000/ marathon runner/ big wig in a company overseas
A Selwood - Was head of Woman's footy at WCE but over in Victoria now
Butler - Still a legend and working at WC in some form
Braun - Loves good wine
Hansen - AFL assistant

Stenglein is now managing a company in Victoria by the looks of it

It would be darkly amusing if Cousins and Kerr met up in jail and resumed hostilities

Cuz has spent a lot more time behind bars which could have hardener it up in a jail fight but just on mentality it's hard to see Kerr not winning that fight. He is just the type that you'd have to put down permanently or he'll just keep coming.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His lawyer reckons he has been diagnosed with schizophrenia which is sad and explains a lot. If you are predisposed to schizophrenia taking a shitload of drugs is pretty much the worse thing you can do, brain is already struggling.

His lawyer reckons he has been diagnosed with schizophrenia which is sad and explains a lot. If you are predisposed to schizophrenia taking a shitload of drugs is pretty much the worse thing you can do, brain is already struggling.
Yeah apparently going cold turkey in prison gave the space to identify paranoid schizophrenia which is hard to live with without serious drug use.

I've done some work with psychosocial NDIS clients with schizophrenia Dx (I'm OT) and that is a hard road to go down if not managed well.

Yep it bloody sucks! My wife’s brother is a paranoid schizophrenic, he got involved with the wrong crowd which lead to heavy pill use from his mid teens to early twenties, just completely scattered his brain. I met the missus a couple of years post the initial diagnosis, he’s had two or three bad episodes since I’ve been around. The last of which was brought on after he stopped taking his meds and started to sneak alcoholic beverages and synthetic pot, he was dead set certain his wife had cheated on him and his second child (6 months old at the time) wasn’t his even though he was a spitting image.
Came to head on Christmas Day and ended with a charge of resisting arrest and assaulting a public officer + a 12 week trip graylands hospital. When his case was heard in court he was lucky to escape with a 12 month good behaviour bond.
That was 5 years ago and he’s been so good since, diligently takes his meds and the family do what they can to support him as much as possibly.

I hope Daniel can get himself sorted and find the support he needs to lead a steady life once he gets out.

Cuz and Kerr in their prime will always be my fave players but damn, the culture from that era is really hitting hard. Kerr literally threw his body on the line week-in-week-out to the point he was too banged up and unable to keep going. But the headlines over the years from just the two of them alone have been sad to watch unfold.
Hope Kerr gets his life sorted.

Is this condition something he would've played with during his career or something that could've popped up later on?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back