Dank had input into Geelong!

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't have a problem with Essendon's governance. Sloppy paperwork is not a hanging offence.

It's their blatant drug cheating that concerns me.
But when "sloppy paperwork" covers up something much more sinister, I have a problem

Lol. I'm glad you liked it. ;)

Unfortunately, my "ever changing colourful friend", you have over played your role as the cynic thru this saga.

You and Blackcat have just pushed "the every single person who has ever pulled on a boot is doped to the eye balls" line a little too far.

It has been an easy "neutral" position to take, which can never be proved, offends no one in particular, and makes it seem like you are both so wise, without ever really having to have the courage of taking a position on the scandal at hand. :D

We have your number mate. ;)

Oh but I have taken a position. Just not yours.

Years ago there was a funeral for an sp bookie in Melbourne. Amongst the mourners were police, politicians, racing identities and known criminals. It doesn't take proof to recognise that there's something wrong with that picture.

Probably just a dry run for Dank where he observed AFL culture, club structures and areas where he could in the future get away with things. Didn't get an ongoing gig at the Suns and then Hail Mary Essendon came to him with Whatever it Takes. Perfect fit

Good post and I think that sounds reasonable.

Welcome back any time Weapon! You can even discuss your profession with whomever you like (including ol' Stevey Dank). Our superior footy club will ensure all activities are above board, and history says we will probably win a flag. :thumbsu:

Lol. I'm glad you liked it. ;)

Unfortunately, my "ever changing colourful friend", you have over played your role as the cynic thru this saga.

You and Blackcat have just pushed "the every single person who has ever pulled on a boot is doped to the eye balls" line a little too far.

It has been an easy "neutral" position to take, which can never be proved, offends no one in particular, and makes it seem like you are both so wise, without ever really having to have the courage of taking a position on the scandal at hand. :D

We have your number mate. ;)
i was on this wayyyyy before essendon. and i dont think essendon should be a scapegoat for foamers. yeah, whck em cos they had a formal program.

I would question whether Neil Balme would have allowed Dank to lead the Cats on the path the Bombers chose...just a stronger character

assume this is sarcasm. if so, i like the post. if not, just humour me and say yes blackcat it was about sarcasme. thnx davesnotthere. either is stephen dank. he aint there neither.

I liked how the bit to prove he was on drugs, he's flexing. The others he's not. :D

but you gotta ask, why the entire afl have that hard body now. back in 2004/5, the jimy puppy fat, and not 100% taut muscle, was more than common. if lance whitnall played now, he would pass those skinfold tests with flying colours and still be able to down a dozen dimmies on sunday in the boronia northern districts A grade canteen

i was on this wayyyyy before essendon. and i dont think essendon should be a scapegoat for foamers. yeah, whck em cos they had a formal program.
Everyone was on this way before EFC. Its been happening for decades - we know that - but not like this in AFL, despite what some would have us believe.

People are wacking EFC for their program and their lying/cover-up.

Still doesn't change the position Chamy took - and he followed your lead.

Anyway. Bombers gone, Cats clear. All said and done. ;)

There will always be suspicions and innuedno re Geelong due to their connections with Dank and Thompson, but the real issue is the here and now which is Essendon. Theres no evidence against Geelong, theres heaps against the Bombers.

hmmm. not really. if this is what f'ed up cycling. denial of past. i would like guys like dermie to come out leading with his barrel chest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wait, we talking spike right? not lingy?

Linga made it abundantly clear on 7 a few weeks ago (and ‘Spike’ McVeigh agreed) there were vast differences in Robinson’s responsibilities at Geelong and those at Essendon. With us Robinson was just part of a fitness team. His role was weights. Haines role was aerobics. Doc Bradshaw’s role was medical. At Essendon, Robinson had complete control of the fitness program.

Dank had no role at Geelong. Just as he didn't at the other club Robinson was at immediately before he went to the Bombers ie the Gold Coast.

The fat lady won’t have sung until the final ASADA report is in. Under their new powers they can require a person to attend an interview, give the information they specify, and produce documents, materials, medications et al. Failure to comply can result in significant civil penalties. Enter Mr Dank in which case Thompson may well find out in chapter and verse all the supplements and doses involved in the Essendon program which he claims he’s unaware of. Perhaps to his discomfort.

I don't know. Would like it to be cleared up, though. Did he have some players on the gear, or was he just pumping up a friend's tyres to help him into the AFL? Was he on the phone everyday, or was it something Dank got him to say? Was Robinson corrupt on 2007? Did Robinson have form prior to that (more than just rumour). I know so far Geelong comes off as clean and the people there at the time have good credentials. The very drug free Cadel Evans used to train with them back then.

There is just a wisp of smoke, and no fire so far.
no one wins the TdF on bread and water. you have no right asserting this other than jingoism

hmmm. not really. if this is what f'ed up cycling. denial of past. i would like guys like dermie to come out leading with his barrel chest

I don't think cycling ever denied its past. It is replete with stories of dopers from day 1, from amphetamines to strychnine and a hundred other things beside. Cycling was talking about drugs throughout the 90s and trying to catch cheats while other sports were ignoring the issues.

Generally most of what cyclists were doing probably hampered them, not helped them. Amphetamines told your brain to keep going but your body is still suffering and when the drugs wear off that cyclist is cooked.

What changed was EPO which actually worked, and worked a lot. Instead of 1% gains there were 10-15% gains. Instead of modifying things a bit you saw the Gewiss team finishing 1-2-3 in a race by riding away from the field. That meant everyone had to cheat, and meant systematic team-wide doping. And it was possible because there were no tests.

There will always be doping. Plenty of VFL player in the 70s were been dosed with methadone and aspirin (the pink) - which probably didn't work.

The challenge is not to eradicate it. The challenge is to police it well enough that they benefits athletes can gain are negligible. If the gains are fractions of a percent, clean athletes can opt-out without significant penalty. That is the best we will ever get too.

look

i know cycling. i know the background.
i have covered cycling.

if you look at the record, there has p'raps only been greg lemond who won the Tour on bread and water.
I know a little about athletics (400). Then you should have a chart of Evans' times through his career where a spike took place that would indicates drug use. Also a comparitative times chart with Armstrong would show that Evans was competitive with Armstrong. Tests were done on both in their 20's had Evans ahead of Armstrong in natural fitmess levels.

You get me a decent chunk of times for runners in their junior years and any coach could predict their best career times with some accuracy. Fl Jo, has two careers. Her first one was not successful and she was no standout, then she retired for a short while. When she came back, her times bore no resemblance to her first career.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...on-football-club/story-fni5f6kv-1226705544118
“We didn’t want (Robinson) to leave Geelong. The players didn’t want him to leave. The staff didn’t want him to leave, because he’s very good at what he does.
“(Robinson) had the same role at Essendon that he had at Geelong, but Essendon wasn’t a good enough club to manage him. That’s our whole problem.”
It is believed that Essendon is keen for Thompson to be caretaker coach next year as Hird serves his ban, but Thompson said he hadn’t made up his mind yet, and was more focussed on the players’ welfare.

I know a little about athletics (400). Then you should have a chart of Evans' times through his career where a spike took place that would indicates drug use. Also a comparitative times chart with Armstrong would show that Evans was competitive with Armstrong. Tests were done on both in their 20's had Evans ahead of Armstrong in natural fitmess levels.

You get me a decent chunk of times for runners in their junior years and any coach could predict their best career times with some accuracy. Fl Jo, has two careers. Her first one was not successful and she was no standout, then she retired for a short while. When she came back, her times bore no resemblance to her first career.

its different. races over 22 days that begin when someone turns 25/26 turns the entire equation on its head. tous dope in cycling. tout. tous

Remove this Banner Ad

Back