Dank had input into Geelong!

Remove this Banner Ad

865233-brent-harvey.jpg

So when was Dank at North?
Alex Rodriguez would like to look like this! Maybe he does underneath that shirt of his?

Yeas but that would be sheer stupidity to say that considering the massive body of evidence building against Essendon compared with mere innuendo for Geelong
most of that "evidence" has come from Robinson and Charters, do you think they are reliable sources? Most of the charges against Essendon have had to do with the HR surrounding the hiring of Dank and Robinson, do you really think that GFC, GCFC or MFC will be fully investigated for their HR practises, if not then you agree that EFC are scapegoats.

Well there is the evidence of players, including past player in Reimers. All the staff and players involved, minus Dank (ridiculous yes) have been interviewed.

most of that "evidence" has come from Robinson and Charters, do you think they are reliable sources? Most of the charges against Essendon have had to do with the HR surrounding the hiring of Dank and Robinson, do you really think that GFC, GCFC or MFC will be fully investigated for their HR practises, if not then you agree that EFC are scapegoats.

Bruce Reid put up some pretty damning evidence.

Time for Essendon to put up then. In fact the time is long past. Wild unsubstantiated accusations that "everybody else is doing it" is not good enough, in fact its quite pathetic.

Well let's see at Essendon Dank and Robinson had carte blanche to do as they wished, at Geelong Robinson was overseen by Paul Haynes, Stephen Hocking, Neil Balme, Dr Chris Bradshaw and Dr Geoff Allen.
One of these teams had proper checks and balances in place to ensure that nothing untoward was done by Robinson the other is Essendon
If it doesn't go to court then we'll never know exactly what happened, and that's the real shame in the accepting of penalties. The lack of supervision at Essendon was a blight on the club and should punished accordingly, however if this was to be judged in an open forum and not a kangaroo court, with full access to witness testimony and a balanced adjudicator you might find out exactly why the other 17 presidents want to keep this in house. Guess we'll never know what the "advice" was.

If it doesn't go to court then we'll never know exactly what happened, and that's the real shame in the accepting of penalties. The lack of supervision at Essendon was a blight on the club and should punished accordingly, however if this was to be judged in an open forum and not a kangaroo court, with full access to witness testimony and a balanced adjudicator you might find out exactly why the other 17 presidents want to keep this in house. Guess we'll never know what the "advice" was.

In the history of the game, what other incident has been heard in a court?
Williams v the AFL was kicked back to the AFL to deal with
In the end any issues with the AFL are heard by the AFL don't know why Essendon were expecting this to be any different.

Since both Charter and Dank have been interviewed and put through the mill by the ACC criminal investigation, and what Robinson knew about both would be verified by that - and because ASADA has seen those transcripts and know what to ask and what the right answer is...I'd say definitely.

Also Hird has not exactly been truthful and at times very misleading. Why the hell was he shocked to be sitting there, for starters? He had no injections. Then he had 2. And they were just harmless amino acids because he was feeling poorly, but not poorly enough to to see Dr Reid. And he injected himself with melatonin. Very dodgy. The others are too. But ASADA has the ACC interviews to calibrate what they say.

Are you saying Dean Robinson paid Dank for his phone calls?
I'm saying that just because Dank wasn't being payed by the football club his input was still being sought, by Robinson. Like the way Essendon has "connections" to Charters even though he was not on their books.
Bruce Reid put up some pretty damning evidence.

Time for Essendon to put up then. In fact the time is long past. Wild unsubstantiated accusations that "everybody else is doing it" is not good enough, in fact its quite pathetic.
I don't know if you noticed, but i'm not defending Essendon, I think their lack of governance is at best unprofessional and at worst unlawful. The point I wish to make is that in light of the links that several clubs seem to have to these shady individuals I think a completely transparent investigation of the AFL as a whole is necessary.

In the history of the game, what other incident has been heard in a court?
Williams v the AFL was kicked back to the AFL to deal with
In the end any issues with the AFL are heard by the AFL don't know why Essendon were expecting this to be any different.
Don't you think this case is a game changer? Not to mention all the loose ends.

I don't know if you noticed, but i'm not defending Essendon, I think their lack of governance is at best unprofessional and at worst unlawful. The point I wish to make is that in light of the links that several clubs seem to have to these shady individuals I think a completely transparent investigation of the AFL as a whole is necessary.

Just because of "links"? Dont think so. You need more than that to call for a wider investigation. You need some actual evidence.

This ordeal is all about Essendon. Bombers fans need to realise that. Its not about the Suns or the Cats or the Sharks.

Since both Charter and Dank have been interviewed and put through the mill by the ACC criminal investigation, and what Robinson knew about both would be verified by that - and because ASADA has seen those transcripts and know what to ask and what the right answer is...I'd say definitely.

Also Hird has not exactly been truthful and at times very misleading. Why the hell was he shocked to be sitting there, for starters? He had no injections. Then he had 2. And they were just harmless amino acids because he was feeling poorly, but not poorly enough to to see Dr Reid. And he injected himself with melatonin. Very dodgy. The others are too. But ASADA has the ACC interviews to calibrate what they say.
Sorry only read the sat of your reply.
Think about the superlatives you could have used to describe Hird before this scandal started. There is no doubt that his name has been dragged through the mud in the last 7 months, I for one are looking really forward to Hird vs the AFL as we will hopefully get to see how the machinations of the AFL PR juggernaut operate.

Just because of "links"? Dont think so. You need more than that to call for a wider investigation. You need some actual evidence.

This ordeal is all about Essendon. Bombers fans need to realise that. Its not about the Suns or the Cats or the Sharks.
Sorry, I thought these comments were about the title of this thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't have a problem with Essendon's governance. Sloppy paperwork is not a hanging offence.

It's their blatant drug cheating that concerns me.

Sorry only read the sat of your reply.
Think about the superlatives you could have used to describe Hird before this scandal started. There is no doubt that his name has been dragged through the mud in the last 7 months, I for one are looking really forward to Hird vs the AFL as we will hopefully get to see how the machinations of the AFL PR juggernaut operate.
I demand that you read the hole of my reply, and not just the sat of it.

I don't have a problem with Essendon's governance. Sloppy paperwork is not a hanging offence.

It's their blatant drug cheating that concerns me.
The drug cheating is an accusation with only circumstantial evidence supporting it (I'm not saying it didn't happen) the lack lack of governance (admitted by club) is what led to dubious substances administered to players. by the way, what type of advice do you think it was that Dank gave Robinson? Do you think anyone apart from Robinson and Dank really know?

It is. You need more than "Dank spent time at Geelong" to ask for an investigation.
You need an investigation to get that information. Dank and Robinson at GCFC, Robinson with Dank's advice at GFC, Dank giving direct advice to Melbourne Doctor at MFC together and Efc's shortcomings. That's 22.2% of the competition having links to unsavoury figures that I've read about in the daily rag.

The drug cheating is an accusation with only circumstantial evidence supporting it (I'm not saying it didn't happen) the lack lack of governance (admitted by club) is what led to dubious substances administered to players. by the way, what type of advice do you think it was that Dank gave Robinson? Do you think anyone apart from Robinson and Dank really know?

I don't know. Would like it to be cleared up, though. Did he have some players on the gear, or was he just pumping up a friend's tyres to help him into the AFL? Was he on the phone everyday, or was it something Dank got him to say? Was Robinson corrupt on 2007? Did Robinson have form prior to that (more than just rumour). I know so far Geelong comes off as clean and the people there at the time have good credentials. The very drug free Cadel Evans used to train with them back then.

There is just a wisp of smoke, and no fire so far.

You need an investigation to get that information. Dank and Robinson at GCFC, Robinson with Dank's advice at GFC, Dank giving direct advice to Melbourne Doctor at MFC together and Efc's shortcomings. That's 22.2% of the competition having links to unsavoury figures that I've read about in the daily rag.

If only you were as curious about Essendon's drug program. :D

Where did Dank get his "input" from? Charter. Who has Charter looked after over the years? Hird, Woewodin, Luke Darcy etc etc... Probably quite a few past and present players too. I reckon the ACC are onto that.... and there are some very nervous past and present players out there.

Pathetic to try and tarnish other teams to save some semblance of face for Essendon.
What Essendon did was try to leapfrog the teams that had built their success the old fashioned way of hard work and commitment to culture. Essendon wanted instant success and went down the pharma road to try and make it happen. A case of legend player wanting to become an instant legend coach.

Geelong has been looked at, it's been cleared.
ASADA had been testing Geelong players since 2007.
"ASADA had drug testers there all the time, but there was certainly nothing sinister behind what we were doing." - Brian Cook, CEO

The AFL had audited Geelong records, emails and phone calls and given the all clear.

"Do the simple things well was the philosophy and it was very, very simple what we were doing. There was no rocket science behind it." - Brian Cook, CEO

The clubs doctors had control of everything, which is the crux of the problem at Essendons 'black ops' program going behind the back of the doctors and not keeping records to hide the fact.

"I can only talk from experience from my time as a player. That just didn't happen, it was not the culture at all.
Always after the games we would have the protein shakes and I think the most disgusting thing we ever had was beetroot juice. Terrible tasting stuff. - Cameron Ling, 3x premiership champion

Case closed.

I am guessing that, amongst other things, he gave him advice about supplements. Geelong probs took some of that advice and rejected some of it because Balmey and co are neither desperate, nor cavalier, nor careless, nor stupid. Unlike Essendon. My understanding is that Geelong has been audited already. If I were you, at this point, I would just focus on my own club's circumstance old bean.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back