DANK - keeping records was not my job (at the Sharks)

Remove this Banner Ad

mxett

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Dank's lawsuit against the Daily Telegraph has revealed Dank's very interesting attitude towards recording what he gives athletes:

"In May, Isaac Gordon, Anthony Tupou and Taulima Tauta started presenting with severe bruising.
So much so that Schultz demanded a list of the substances they had been taking all year and when.

Dank kept no records - he says it was Elkin's job. He did send Schultz a list but left out BB Formula, which is labelled: "For equine use only".
Days later, Elkin called Dank and asked him if he had told Gordon if he wanted supplements to come to him but not to tell Givney.

Is it really any wonder that Essendon also have limited records of Dank's program? Maybe the club didnt destroy records after all, they were just never documented in the first place.

Dank's lawsuit against the Daily Telegraph has revealed Dank's very interesting attitude towards recording what he gives athletes:

Is it really any wonder that Essendon also have limited records of Dank's program? Maybe the club didnt destroy records after all, they were just never documented in the first place.
The problem Mxett is that Dank has repeatedly said that there were records at EFC. Even quoted in the CAS rulings.

So either he is FOS and only changing his tune because under oath, or he is FOS full stop.

I;d close the thread personally. Been done to death.

Think in the EFC case,SD stated he did have records and the "club" now posses those records.
What we havent heard from EFC is a denial that they didnt receive those records.
The closest we got was "they seem to be lost"

The problem Mxett is that Dank has repeatedly said that there were records at EFC. Even quoted in the CAS rulings.

So either he is FOS and only changing his tune because under oath, or he is FOS full stop.

I'd put my money on 'FOS full stop'

Isn't this already being discussed on the Dank/Mannah thread?

in case you missed it: Satan posted this to remind you:

"Dank said he had detailed records, which he had left at Essendon.

"It was certainly left on the club intranet," he said. "Those records recorded every player on a spreadsheet for every day, every week, every month of the season.

"You probably need to ask Essendon Football Club [where they are]."

"I can say for sure that those records were kept ... after my leaving the club. And that has been verified through an external body."

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/stephen-dank-says-he-would-do-it-again-20150301-13s29k.html

Why close the thread? Isnt this VERY revealing? It's amazing that he could believe running a program with many substances and players could be done successfully without keeping records. It seemed unlikely but he has even admitted it!
Think in the EFC case,SD stated he did have records and the "club" now posses those records.
What we havent heard from EFC is a denial that they didnt receive those records.
The closest we got was "they seem to be lost"
Hird said it only last month, that the records were poor and Dank was the only one who knew what the players received. Ziggy reported this in 2013 too
Isn't this already being discussed on the Dank/Mannah thread?

in case you missed it: Satan posted this to remind you:

"Dank said he had detailed records, which he had left at Essendon.

"It was certainly left on the club intranet," he said. "Those records recorded every player on a spreadsheet for every day, every week, every month of the season.

"You probably need to ask Essendon Football Club [where they are]."

"I can say for sure that those records were kept ... after my leaving the club. And that has been verified through an external body."

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/stephen-dank-says-he-would-do-it-again-20150301-13s29k.html
The other thread is relevant to the NRL and Mannah. This revelation has direct implications for Essendon and deserves its own thread.

As for Dank, you honestly believe he wouldnt keep records at Cronulla but decided to at Essendon? Isnt it damning that neither club have found records, or ASADA? Me thinks Dank is lying, again

Why close the thread? Isnt this VERY revealing? It's amazing that he could believe running a program with many substances and players could be done successfully without keeping records. It seemed unlikely but he has even admitted it!

Hird said it only last month, that the records were poor and Dank was the only one who knew what the players received. Ziggy reported this in 2013 too

The other thread is relevant to the NRL and Mannah. This revelation has direct implications for Essendon and deserves its own thread.

As for Dank, you honestly believe he wouldnt keep records at Cronulla but decided to at Essendon? Isnt it damning that neither club have found records, or ASADA? Me thinks Dank is lying, again
Your heading relates to NRL not Essendon. It is already being discussed in the Mannah thread.

Hird said it only last month, that the records were poor and Dank was the only one who knew what the players received.
James may well have said that in an interview now that he's not part of the "club".
But asada requested 3 times for any records of the processes put into place during SD's time at the club.
None of those records could be shown to asada.Not even poorly kept ones.
Also Jobe seems to know that he received certain chemicals which he was happy to talk about on telly.

Your heading relates to NRL not Essendon. It is already being discussed in the Mannah thread.
not the Essendon implications
James may well have said that in an interview now that he's not part of the "club".
But asada requested 3 times for any records of the processes put into place during SD's time at the club.
None of those records could be shown to asada.Not even poorly kept ones.
Also Jobe seems to know that he received certain chemicals which he was happy to talk about on telly.
Ziggy's official report claimed the program was never adequately documented

not the Essendon implications

Ziggy's official report claimed the program was never adequately documented
But you are referring to stuff he's said in relation to the NRL. He has said quite the opposite for Essendon.

Ziggy's "official" report showed us one of two things. Either there wasn't any documentation, or he couldn't find any (due to it being destroyed).

But you are referring to stuff he's said in relation to the NRL. He has said quite the opposite for Essendon.

Ziggy's "official" report showed us one of two things. Either there wasn't any documentation, or he couldn't find any (due to it being destroyed).
you dot think it strongly indicates his work habits? If he can honestly believe he can run such a program without recording details, and doesnt even think its his role, why would he think different at Essendon?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct,efc has said there was records but now lost.
James has now confirmed there were records,dont know how a coach who had nothing to do with the day to day operation of the program knew about these inadequate records.

I guess the problem is when do we start believing what Dank says and when do we finish?

It's a bit like people with Caro when she's attacking their team. Every word she says is bile - until it's someone else and you agree with her.

People seem to want to cherry-pick quotes from the main players in all this, while throwing out the rest.

For Dank, I'd just throw out the lot.

[EDIT] Apologies for being serious for a change - it happens once in awhile [/EDIT]

Correct,efc has said there was records but now lost.
James has now confirmed there were records,dont know how a coach who had nothing to do with the day to day operation of the program knew about these inadequate records.
where did they say this? The only records I know of were the thymomodulin spreadsheet which werent kept by Dank

where did they say this? The only records I know of were the thymomodulin spreadsheet which werent kept by Dank
Cant find the statement in asada records,EFC said computer was lost in moving to new headquarters.

you dot think it strongly indicates his work habits? If he can honestly believe he can run such a program without recording details, and doesnt even think its his role, why would he think different at Essendon?

Surely in hiring Dank Essendon followed due process and were therefore aware of his past work habits.

Surely in hiring Dank Essendon followed due process and were therefore aware of his past work habits.
really? Melbourne were associated with him, as were the Suns. Is due diligence only required at one club? Essendon's issue was Thomspon trusted Robinson, and Robinson requested Dank

Last edited:
LMAO, did they really?
something along those lines of ,we had it but aint got it anymore.
Cant find anything at the moment{have had a slight change to life}But it seems JH has now confirmed there were records{doesnt matter whether they were good or not}and he has sighted them.

Look at some of the texts, conversations etc..for Essendon. He'd regular remind players it was time for his thymosin injection. One player, Kyle Hardingham said he had that injection the the day before to which Dank apologised as he hadn't marked that one off. He must've had some records in that case if he was marking them off. In Paragraph 127 of the judgement. Shows players knew they were taking Thymosin. Wonder what happened to those records?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back