DANK - keeping records was not my job (at the Sharks)

Remove this Banner Ad

I would've thought that anybody administering injections is required to keep adequate records. Doctors, nurses, vets. Even a Type 1 Diabetic would do so. Only ones who seem not to are unfortunate illicit drug dependants...and Dank. I can't understand why Wallis would've been asked to keep records of injections when Dank had been discovered to be not doing so. Surely you'd go to your appointed senior medical officer and say, "Any injections are the Doctor's domain." Surely, that's logical to most of us.
Has anyone on here ever met Wallis? He is the last person you would ask to organise a spreadsheet that included medications and dosages. It is ridiculous to suggest he could do this with any accuracy whatsoever.

Has anyone on here ever met Wallis? He is the last person you would ask to organise a spreadsheet that included medications and dosages. It is ridiculous to suggest he could do this with any accuracy whatsoever.
Last year wallis suburban team got drug tested, story was someone got pinged but as it was not an exclusive in the oz it never happened

Which would not compound the sporting breach, but morally is the worst possibility of all. A regime that is admitted to have been experimental, and records kept of an experiment conducted on humans.
Not only is it unbelievable from either a club who claims the players are their best assets, or who would want to know the results simply from the point of view of being able to refine the program, but from someone who labels themselves a "sports scientist" to ignore scientific process to such an extent.

It simply is not believable that no records were kept. But if true, would be the worst aspect of the whole saga. Conducting experiments on people and not even recording the results would take things way beyond any breaches of sporting codes, to the absolute dregs of humanity. Such a thing should be criminal, regardless of consent forms (but in this case probably isn't).
i dare say that was not essendons intention for Dank not to keep records, just like Cronulla
I would've thought that anybody administering injections is required to keep adequate records. Doctors, nurses, vets. Even a Type 1 Diabetic would do so. Only ones who seem not to are unfortunate illicit drug dependants...and Dank. I can't understand why Wallis would've been asked to keep records of injections when Dank had been discovered to be not doing so. Surely you'd go to your appointed senior medical officer and say, "Any injections are the Doctor's domain." Surely, that's logical to most of us.
of course. However, the line between sports science with sports supplements, and medical treatment, werent anywhere near well enough defined

i dare say that was not essendons intention for Dank not to keep records, just like Cronulla

of course. However, the line between sports science with sports supplements, and medical treatment, werent anywhere near well enough defined

...and, therein lies a hard learned lesson for all clubs and coaches at every level. Don't marginalize or circumnavigate your medical staff. What sticks in my craw is that despite falling on his sword and acknowledging his deficiencies, the former CEO landed on his feet at Melbourne Victory. It's like he was never penalised at all. Bloke should have been banished from sport altogether. I mean, what was he doing? He must've been in a deep slumber to be so asleep at the wheel.

...and, therein lies a hard learned lesson for all clubs and coaches at every level. Don't marginalize or circumnavigate your medical staff. What sticks in my craw is that despite falling on his sword and acknowledging his deficiencies, the former CEO landed on his feet at Melbourne Victory. It's like he was never penalised at all. Bloke should have been banished from sport altogether. I mean, what was he doing? He must've been in a deep slumber to be so asleep at the wheel.
yeah its funny that a number of people involved have eded up doing ok. Robinson has a good job now. Hamilton works for the VFA. Robson for Victory, Essendons PR person works for the AFL I think.

yeah its funny that a number of people involved have eded up doing ok. Robinson has a good job now. Hamilton works for the VFA. Robson for Victory, Essendons PR person works for the AFL I think.
Not to mention Hird got his INSEAD course paid for whilst collecting a cool million

...can't be any new talent coming through then, you'd think.

Absolutely hilarious. They have gotten off lightly because the players are innocent. Sorry, guilty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a definite step into medical territory when a drug is administered by injection. Everbody knows that.
You can walk into any supermarket and buy supplements off the shelf and ALL of them are taken orally.
Once you start injections though you must have medical or nursing qualifications. Should the drug be given subcutaneously or intramuscularly? In which part of the body should it be injected? What is the ideal volume of the drug plus diluent? Are there known local reactions? Are there resuscitation drugs and equipment available in case of anaphylaxis?

This what Doc Reid should have been all over and why his non inclusion at the beginning by the powers at EFC stinks.

Last edited:
There is a definite step into medical territory when a drug is administered by injection. Everbody knows that.
You can walk into any supermarket and by supplements off the shelf and ALL of them are taken orally.
Once you start injections though you must have medical or nursing qualifications. Should the drug be given subcutaneously or intramuscularly? In which part of the body should it be injected? What is the ideal volume of the drug plus diluent? Are there known local reactions? Are there resuscitation drugs and equipment available in case of anaphylaxis?

This what Doc Reid should have been all over and why his non inclusion at the beginning by the powers at EFC stinks.
absolutely. Hearing Dank tell players that certain substances were safe without any medical qualification is appalling. I cannot believe they trusted his opinion to be honest

Do you think? I'm not so certain. Coaches and admin were lining up for this guy to inject them with various interesting things. I'd say that bunch wouldnt be too happy with that information being documented in a professional and thorough manner.

I get the feeling the sporting industry doesnt believe the Essendon staff set out to cheat

* me. You have got to be kidding.

Robson. Raised his credibility by immediately falling on his sword, no questions asked. Potential employers love that s**t.
The Weap. Paid off with a large cash settlement and a cushy job to keep him quiet.
PR person. No surprises there.

You do know how closely the AFL and the sh*tstain football club have cooperated in this, don't you?

**** me. You have got to be kidding.

Robson. Raised his credibility by immediately falling on his sword, no questions asked. Potential employers love that s**t.
The Weap. Paid off with a large cash settlement and a cushy job to keep him quiet.
PR person. No surprises there.

You do know how closely the AFL and the sh*tstain football club have cooperated in this, don't you?
Robson might have fallen on his sword but he was still in charge when the biggest doping scandal in Australian sporting history occurred. Surely thats what future employers would think rather than how gracefully he walked the plank. Hamilton ended up at the VFL, not the AFL

Robson might have fallen on his sword but he was still in charge when the biggest doping scandal in Australian sporting history occurred. Surely thats what future employers would think rather than how gracefully he walked the plank. Hamilton ended up at the VFL, not the AFL

There is no question that Hamilton was directly involved in Hird's drug program. Like Reid, he was kept on the outer.

Robson might have fallen on his sword but he was still in charge when the biggest doping scandal in Australian sporting history occurred.

You might want to check up on corporate governance. A subject dear to EFC and apparently a get out of jail free card for all manner of things. In particular, the relationship between Board and CEO may enlighten you.

Hamilton ended up at the VFL, not the AFL

Essendons PR person works for the AFL I think.

You now seem to contend that these people are walking DOWN the ladder of success from the AFL to the VFL and the VFA. And that this somehow shows that "we did nuffin wrong".

Keep swinging Mxett. You might even hit something one day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back