Dank to not be pursued

Remove this Banner Ad

It could confirm they were in on it, or it may mean they dont believe their case can be proven. I think it will be more telling if they do in fact pursue Dank in court.

No doubt, but it doesnt prove the players were fully aware of what they were being given
Haha, mxett, it doesn't have to proved, as you said this is not the CAS.

I would imagine there could be a number of reasons why they wouldnt pursue Dank in court. But pursuing him could only mean that Dank and the players were not on the same page

maybe, although much of their behaviour suggests otherwise

true, it wont change anything bar the attitudes of some who believe the players set out to cheat from the start

I dont think that's their intention. If Dank actually had the ability to clear them I'm sure he would have done it by now. I think the players probably want to expose Dank as the cause for their troubles

would've saved them 12mths nosig fault, yet they never pursued, all it would've taken is filling a complaint with police, if as jess says it's criminal assault, yet no one has dared.

would've saved them 12mths nosig fault, yet they never pursued, all it would've taken is filling a complaint with police, if as jess says it's criminal assault, yet no one has dared.
we'll see what happens now. If they do go after Dank, or Dank goes after Charters, we may get a lot more information about exactly what happened

Obviously the evidence is not worth a crumpet.
Not true. It is evidence that Dank told my friend that he gave the players banned PEDs. The evidence itself cannot be used to ping any individual player and in that sense, it is useless on its own. However, it is more than adequate proof to shut that idiot up with respect to defamatory comments allegedly made by my friend.

Do you think the players are starting to realise they took TB?
Or are they just sick of denying it?
Come on. They really believe that this is what made them superhuman...

Dr-Baby-Siro-Thymomodulin-400.jpg

Would love him to do some explaining.
But all he has to do is say they knew exactly what they were getting.
In the AFL anti-doping code, rule 7.4, the players are stuffed.
I did listen to the whole interview. Nobody asked him straight out the most important question: Did you give any player at Essendon thymosin beta 4?

The last question was a poor one because Dank believes that TB4 is not a PED. He even says this in the interview. Hence he probably believes that it isn't banned or at least should not be. Isn't this something that the Essendon defence looked at during the AFL tribunal too?

Or with your rose coloured glasses do you just ignore these things?

I reckon any half smart barro could tear him to shreds, AT, if they can get him into a witness box, particularly a box in a criminal trial, but a civil trial would do for starters - very different powers and burdens to the anti-doping regime. That's why it's always been vital to get it out of the anti-doping framework, and into the sovereign courts.

I keep drawing up a x-examination tree/chart (dunno what the professionals call it) in my head, and I can't see any exit from the maze for Dank - if the case is mounted properly......thoroughly. He has so many holes he can't plug, without giving up evidence of what really happened.

There's a whole line of questioning on the 'records' alone.

Then there's one on the Consent Forms (and, remember, not everyone who was jabbed signed a consent form e.g. Hal Hunter).

Then there are some other 'forms'. Son of P**'s A*** alleged, on air, Confidentiality Agreements were also put in front of the players, and signed (which, if true, would provide the players considerable relief by the mere coerciveness of it). Then there is the draft Human Clinical Trial protocol/form Dank sent to Robinson (uncovered by the JI, and tabled in the Interim Report).

Then there're the lines on a) using some of the stuff off label b) where no approvals for therapeutic use have ever been issued (and no TUE's to produce, given the TGA's on-record statements about the lack thereof for anything to do with the EFC recipients) and c) the accreditation of the source of supply (and, if he denies any responsibility for, or knowledge of, that deficiency, I'd reckon that would get Alavi, and others, an invite into the box).

That lot just touches the surface of what is already a very busy, and getting busier by the hour, tree/chart in my head.

A fella over at the other joint this morning, and he's a legal type, suggested this after reading the Pierek article:

"Dank is a serial litigant when it comes to defamation.
He won one case v the herald sun over 'bikies and drug dealers'.
He lost one against Cronulla over 'horse drugs'.
So hes batting at 50:50.

I reckon he is bluffing hoping to settle."

To which I replied:

"Dank clearly uses such proceedings to try and paper over his inability to manage his personal finances, Con.

But, there is also a considerable defensive stratagem running through a lot of this.

M.A.D. stands for Mutually Assured -----------?"

Not true. It is evidence that Dank told my friend that he gave the players banned PEDs. The evidence itself cannot be used to ping any individual player and in that sense, it is useless on its own. However, it is more than adequate proof to shut that idiot up with respect to defamatory comments allegedly made by my friend.
Are you having a lend of us?

we'll see what happens now. If they do go after Dank, or Dank goes after Charters, we may get a lot more information about exactly what happened

It won't happen, if anything dank has to say could have absolved or reduced culpability it would have been done long ago.

Look at what jess' s primary objective is at the moment, it's getting the biggest payout. This is a threat, pay up or we'll force him to spill. No one wants him to talk.

again any of the 34 could just as easily make a complaint, they don't need jess for that, but they're not doing that. It's a negotiating tactic.

Are you having a lend of us?
No not at all. I've been saying this since the HTB first started. I've known about this almost a year before the darkest day in sport. I'm even involved in the final CAS report is a sort of way, although not mentioned by name.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon any half smart barro could tear him to shreds, AT, if they can get him into a witness box, particularly a box in a criminal trial, but a civil trial would do for starters - very different powers and burdens to the anti-doping regime. That's why it's always been vital to get it out of the anti-doping framework, and into the sovereign courts.

I keep drawing up a x-examination tree/chart (dunno what the professionals call it) in my head, and I can't see any exit from the maze for Dank - if the case is mounted properly......thoroughly. He has so many holes he can't plug, without giving up evidence of what really happened.

There's a whole line of questioning on the 'records' alone.

Then there's one on the Consent Forms (and, remember, not everyone who was jabbed signed a consent form e.g. Hal Hunter).

Then there are some other 'forms'. Son of P**'s A*** alleged, on air, Confidentiality Agreements were also put in front of the players, and signed (which, if true, would provide the players considerable relief by the mere coerciveness of it). Then there is the draft Human Clinical Trial protocol/form Dank sent to Robinson (uncovered by the JI, and tabled in the Interim Report).

Then there're the lines on a) using some of the stuff off label b) where no approvals for therapeutic use have ever been issued (and no TUE's to produce, given the TGA's on-record statements about the lack thereof for anything to do with the EFC recipients) and c) the accreditation of the source of supply (and, if he denies any responsibility for, or knowledge of, that deficiency, I'd reckon that would get Alavi, and others, an invite into the box).

That lot just touches the surface of what is already a very busy, and getting busier by the hour, tree/chart in my head.

A fella over at the other joint this morning, and he's a legal type, suggested this after reading the Pierek article:

"Dank is a serial litigant when it comes to defamation.
He won one case v the herald sun over 'bikies and drug dealers'.
He lost one against Cronulla over 'horse drugs'.
So hes batting at 50:50.

I reckon he is bluffing hoping to settle."

To which I replied:

"Dank clearly uses such proceedings to try and paper over his inability to manage his personal finances, Con.

But, there is also a considerable defensive stratagem running through a lot of this.

M.A.D. stands for Mutually Assured -----------?"

aod project

This would be strange action from players who were apparently in on the entire thing. Wouldnt this force Dank to expose the players as willing cheats?

At the moment it is nothing more than a simple shake down by Jess. Threaten something nasty ask for more money - agent doing his job.

I would be astounded (and pleasantly surprised), if the outcome of all of this is anything different than the Weap's - a bag full of money with a confidentiality clause attached.

Given ASADA's performance on IV Drips, Melanotan II, Stacking and AOD, I really hope they give someone else a look at that evidence, AT.
Having a bit of inside knowledge about ASADA, I can tell you they have quite a bit of evidence. The problem arises that none of it could nail individual players. They knew many PEDs were used, but TB4 via the consents gave the the platform they required to have chance at successfully prosecuting without a positive AAF. They did not want these other PEDs to become the focus of the defence and ultimately without anything linking them to individual players, they knew that the case would have no legs. So they focussed on the TB4 and that has been proven to have been a winner for them (eventually).

No not at all. I've been saying this since the HTB first started. I've known about this almost a year before the darkest day in sport. I'm even involved in the final CAS report is a sort of way, although not mentioned by name.
Mate-you know nothing, and I suppose someone had to photocopy the CAS report for all stakeholders.

Having a bit of inside knowledge about ASADA, I can tell you they have quite a bit of evidence. The problem arises that none of it could nail individual players. They knew many PEDs were used, but TB4 via the consents gave the the platform they required to have chance at successfully prosecuting without a positive AAF. They did not want these other PEDs to become the focus of the defence and ultimately without anything linking them to individual players, they knew that the case would have no legs. So they focussed on the TB4 and that has been proven to have been a winner for them (eventually).
if many PEDs were used why did none of the players test positive to target testing?

aod project

Indeed, '75. And, perhaps someone might like to ask both Dank and Alavi, in the right sort of witness box, something along these lines;

"Now, about this gear in the slow release polymer mentioned in your August 5 SMS exchange, you remember, the one used to great effect on horses and a bit of periodontal socket work, if that wasn't DMSO you were talking about, what was it?"

"OBJECTION!!"

"Just paintin' the picture of the whole mission, Y'r Hon'r"

"I'll allow it."

And, then, of course, there's our ol' favourite, the Mex Hex down at Hooper's digs. My head's gone out to buy a new whiteboard for the line of x-examination on that one alone.

Mate-you know nothing, and I suppose someone had to photocopy the CAS report for all stakeholders.
Believe what you like. I have nothing to gain by saying lies though. It's not like I'm going to be famous as an alias!!! My story has been consistent from the start though.

Last edited:
not quite. Why pursue limited culpability if you dont believe you will be found guilty?

Read the cas award, thats exactly the argument put forward by the defence.

1. We shouldn't be found guilty for reasons xyz
2. In the event that we are found guilty we should have no significant fault for reasons xyz.

the idea that if dank was able to help in either of those points that they wouldn't have used what he has to say is absurd.

The reason they didn't make a complaint is because he can't help in either or both those points.

if many PEDs were used why did none of the players test positive to target testing?
Do you know:

When they actually performed the target testing?
How many players were target tested?
What they target tested for?

Without answers to those questions, I can't even start to attempt to find an answer to yours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back