Player Watch Darcy Cameron

Remove this Banner Ad

With Richmond having just won a Premiership playing two genuine rucks alongside two key position players is the prospect of a ruck/forward in Cameron now playing alongside Cox, Mihocek and Grundy more likely?

Assuming Moore remains in defence as most expect then the possibility of the above 4 all lining up within our 22 (on the condition of good form) now seems a far more a realistic chance than I would of expected just 2 months back.

It shapes as one of the more intriguing selection decisions of 2020.

I've always thought it was a worthwhile option. Trick is the mix & match, getting the right players. Personally, I'd like to see Cox retain that KPF/2nd ruck role and add a Starcevich type KPF (193-195cm, quickish & very mobile) to the mix rather than use Cox purely as a KPF and add Cameron to the mix. I look forward to seeing what Kelly and Wilson might offer in 2020 as I think they're the closest we've got to that Starcevich type.

Surely you don't need to see him play to make a judgement? He is 24 playing at a club without a 2019 ruckman but only played NEAFL. That's all most of us armchair critics need to know.

I don't follow Sydney close enough to comment but they did have both Sinclair and Naismith as genuine ruck options and all of Knoll, McLean and Cameron as developing types. Naismith had injury concerns this year and Sinclair missed a bit of footy. I'd guess there were reasons McLean was given games ahead of Cameron and Knoll, or why Reid and Aliir were used instead.

The club obviously see a need and have identified him as someone we can develop and is low cost.

May even be insurance is Grundy does decide to leave. At least he would have had 12 months in the Collingwood system.

I think our recruiters have the runs on the board to feel they know what they are doing.

The club obviously see a need and have identified him as someone we can develop and is low cost.

May even be insurance is Grundy does decide to leave. At least he would have had 12 months in the Collingwood system.

I think our recruiters have the runs on the board to feel they know what they are doing.

Agree can't just count Cameron out of being a AFL Player when he as not even played 1 Game in the Black and White.

Yes he might not make it but give him at least a Chance

Is Cameron excited to be a part of our club? I've been waiting to see a clip or interview. Is he in hiding?
Club released very short clip of him on Insta stating his excitement of joining the Pies after the trade went through, that’s it.

Is Cameron excited to be a part of our club? I've been waiting to see a clip or interview. Is he in hiding?
He's finding it really surreal, but he's excited to be part of the group and is determined to put his best foot forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d prefer he work on getting his worse foot up to scratch
One of the reasons we've had a lot of crap kicks over the years is that our blokes are obsessed with putting their best foot forward, but when kicking you should put your worst foot forward and pivot off that foot.

I hope he's not a reincarnation of Cameron Wood because that would mean that Cam has slipped from the mortal coil, which would be a sad and surprising development.

I hope he's not a reincarnation of Cam because that would suggest the possibility of being reincarnated as someone who vaguely resembles your former self, and I'd much prefer my next turn of the wheel to be stacked with the things I'm not quite abundant in now, not least cash and charisma.
Plenty of charisma in that post. I am not writing you off yet

Plenty of charisma in that post. I am not writing you off yet

Your flattery and confidence in me are appreciated. I'll try not to let you down, GC, but if I do I'll make sure to do it with some panache.

Jeez, we've given him a 3 year deal when no other club wanted him?
Thought that strange too.

Hopefully, surely, it's on a very low wage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back