Past Darcy Lang

Remove this Banner Ad

I like the fact that we were after him last year. Points to the fact that both SOS and Bolts see him as a guy who can play a role within the team, he has that aura about him. He's probably undervalued to, Geelong were so and so about keeping him around.

I like the fact that we were after him last year. Points to the fact that both SOS and Bolts see him as a guy who can play a role within the team, he has that aura about him. He's probably undervalued to, Geelong were so and so about keeping him around.

We're building our midfield depth but also our arsenal of players who can rotate midfield/forward...it's been a key to the success of Richmond and Bulldogs.

Can see almost all our mids rotate/rest forward and be dangerous...SPS, Fisher, Cuningham, Kennedy, Lang & Cripps have all shown to be capable goal kickers. Murphy as well of course.

We're building our midfield depth but also our arsenal of players who can rotate midfield/forward...it's been a key to the success of Richmond and Bulldogs.

Can see almost all our mids rotate/rest forward and be dangerous...SPS, Fisher, Cuningham, Kennedy, Lang & Cripps have all shown to be capable goal kickers. Murphy as well of course.

I agree, it's all about flexibility and dynamism these days.

so he is an outside mid/forward, no doubt we promised him a shot at the midfield and hell we need depth, there is a spot there for him to take...

its all in front of him... the problem with recycled players is that the seller knows more about their value than the buyer. Hope SOS got this one right, he looks a winner

WELCOME

Charlie may go ok through there too. Let’s see

To which player can he be compared to?

Tough question, actually.

Closest I can think of is Walters from Freo, though I think Lang has some work ahead of him to reach that level.

Dangerous up forward, safe kick at goal and a good user when delivering to other forwards. Tackles well and can provide some line breaking qualities in the midfield, but probably not a player you'd get 4 quarters of intense midfield play out of.

Walters much more x factor, Lang a bit more natural at the midfield positioning and spread.

Tough question, actually.

Closest I can think of is Walters from Freo, though I think Lang has some work ahead of him to reach that level.

Dangerous up forward, safe kick at goal and a good user when delivering to other forwards. Tackles well and can provide some line breaking qualities in the midfield, but probably not a player you'd get 4 quarters of intense midfield play out of.

Walters much more x factor, Lang a bit more natural at the midfield positioning and spread.

Nah not that close...as you say Walters has far more X factor and is more a natural forward.

Lang is more a 'neat' player...tidy skills, just get the basics right. Unlikely to become a 'star' but a solid, reliable good player.
He's actually more a mid who can rotate forward.

Nah not that close...as you say Walters has far more X factor and is more a natural forward.

Lang is more a 'neat' player...tidy skills, just get the basics right. Unlikely to become a 'star' but a solid, reliable good player.
He's actually more a mid who can rotate forward.

Yeah, i've had a cursory run through each club off the top of my head and struggled to think of a close comparison.

A more outside Cuningham perhaps?

Late thought - Lachie Hunter?

Yeah, i've had a cursory run through each club off the top of my head and struggled to think of a close comparison.

A more outside Cuningham perhaps?

Late thought - Lachie Hunter?

Yeah i'd say he's not a bad comparison...along with his teammate Macrae maybe?

Slightly built players who can run and have good skills.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't want to see him spending too much time inside 50 as a small forward will be ideal if we see him on the end of a chain of possessions breaking away and delivering the ball inside 50 on the left, if he puts it all together could be a very dangerous modern attacking 'winger'.

Welcome to the Blues Darcy
Expectations are not high but this kid can play, not sure whether he can put it together consistently but he will get his chance in 2018 so good luck Darcy.

Hopefully he has the mean streak to compete for Lamb's spot in the 22
Similar size to Lamb but better numbers across the board. 5 tackles to 2, 76% disposal eff to 61%, 15 disp to 12, and looks to have better highlight reel. Probably can play him as a wing, flanker or even pocket and perhaps a few rotations through the midfield, and those tackle numbers suggest he can both apply pressure and be an attacking threat. If that's the case I'm very happy with the situation.

Appears a classic SOS trade. Got him cheap, fits the desired age profile perfectly, appears to have decent kicking skills and pace, was rated as a junior/drafted highly but a combination of injuries and being in a team with great depth in his position has provided him limited opportunities. Welcome to Carlton.

Will be a great player once he gets consistent opportunities with us.
Lang, Samo, Murphy and Cuningham on the end of the grunt work done by Crippa, Ed and Kennedy.
There's some serious pain to be handed out from this midfield over the next couple of years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back