Society/Culture Dark Emu is Nonsense

Remove this Banner Ad

And what does a 'whitewashed' version of history taught in classroom look like?
Early explorers, Eureka stockade, Cook etc with just about no mention of aboriginal history.

Early explorers, Eureka stockade, Cook etc just about no mention of aboriginal history.

Those things are still taught but so is Aboriginal history. For example (and this is not an exhaustive list) ancient Australia and what the sources of evidence reveal about Australia before written records, the impact of European colonisation, including disease, land disputes, dispossession and frontier wars, the significance of events that changed Australian society such as the right to vote federally in 1962, the 1967 Referendum, Reconciliation, the Mabo decision, the Stolen Generations etc. and so on.

Where are you attempting to go with this tangent, irrelevant to Dark Emu, there are plenty of other threads on funding.

I'm suggesting that wealthy religious people are more likely to engage in whitewashing of history.

Perhaps you could read the other posts related to the one you quoted to gain additional context?

Those things are still taught but so is Aboriginal history. For example (and this is not an exhaustive list) ancient Australia and what the sources of evidence reveal about Australia before written records, the impact of European colonisation, including disease, land disputes, dispossession and frontier wars, the significance of events that changed Australian society such as the right to vote federally in 1962, the 1967 Referendum, Reconciliation, the Mabo decision, the Stolen Generations etc. and so on.

Had a conversation with my 8yo grandson in the last school hols & he told me what he knew in exactly that space & it is absolutely covered.

Even Pascoe's remaining supporters must question the appropriateness of Dark Emu Dark Lager, promoted by Pascoe, given the toll taken on Aboriginal communities by alcohol.

Eom3RIOUwAAMcmr.jpg

f7f5ab59b712d40cdd39ea97fbab5c15

49B9D13400000578-0-image-a-9_1519975009014.jpg

Can you explain how that's worse than Andrew Bolt's whisky analysis?

View attachment 1180546

No idea about Bolt's whisky. This thread is about Bruce and his work.

"A percentage"... Is it bigger or smaller than the likelihood of dying from the AZ vaccine? I financially support Aboriginal education... is it more or less than I donate annually?

Do you not think sharing the name of his prize-winning work (and its children's version Young Dark Emu) with a brand of grog is, at the very least, a terrible look? How about appropriating the Dreamtime story of Baiame on the can?

No idea about Bolt's whisky. This thread is about Bruce and his work.

"A percentage"... Is it bigger or smaller than the likelihood of dying from the AZ vaccine? I financially support Aboriginal education... is it more or less than I donate annually?

Do you not think sharing the name of his prize-winning work (and its children's version Young Dark Emu) with a brand of grog is, at the very least, a terrible look? How about appropriating the Dreamtime story of Baiame on the can?

1626593888483.png

Re Bolt's whisky analysis, his sidekick is Josephine Cashman who identifies as indigenous. Their whole Dark Emu narrative was based on aboriginal identity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1180571

Strawman.

Do you think it is appropriate for Pascoe to market alcohol bearing the same name as his successful historical work?

At least I know what I'm dealing with now.

If this helps racists to flip their narrative towards helping the indigenous communities, that's a good thing.

Looking at the newscorp rags giving it free advertising just shows they learnt nothing from how they boosted the book sales.

Bruce might be smarter than you think, he's a viral marketing genius!

Bruce might be smarter than you think, he's a viral marketing genius!

It doesn't take a genius to fool muppets like you.

The brewers of Dark Emu beer claim some "rich connection" to first Australians because they have used traditional grains. There was no domestication of grain before Australia was colonised by Europeans - let alone anything so sophisticated as brewing beer. This is fake Indigenous beer promoted by a fake Aboriginal.

It doesn't take a genius to fool muppets like you.

The brewers of Dark Emu beer claim some "rich connection" to first Australians because they have used traditional grains. There was no domestication of grain before Australia was colonised by Europeans - let alone anything so sophisticated as brewing beer. This is fake Indigenous beer promoted by a fake Aboriginal.

Says the guy that's been spruiking hair lice treatment for covid.

You are BF's version of Craig Kelly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back