Politics Donald Trump's terrific tangerine tan - is it achievable natty?

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 12, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
images

My dad went vegan for a while and ate a tonne of carrots and started to look like this.

Nah that's legit, to an extent anyway. I knew a nutty sheila who ate 6 carrots per day to get a "tan".

Excess β-carotene is predominantly stored in the fat tissues of the body. The most common side effect of excessive β-carotene consumption is carotenodermia, a physically harmless condition that presents as a conspicuous orange skin tint arising from deposition of the carotenoid in the outermost layer of the epidermis.[24][15]

Nah that's legit, to an extent anyway. I knew a nutty sheila who ate 6 carrots per day to get a "tan".

Excess β-carotene is predominantly stored in the fat tissues of the body. The most common side effect of excessive β-carotene consumption is carotenodermia, a physically harmless condition that presents as a conspicuous orange skin tint arising from deposition of the carotenoid in the outermost layer of the epidermis.[24][15]

Interesting but I doubt that's how Trumpy gets his orange glow. The guy probably hasn't eaten a vegetable his whole life.

Interesting but I doubt that's how Trumpy gets his orange glow. The guy probably hasn't eaten a vegetable his whole life.
Fully agree. The fact that he has pale old man skin around his eyes, ears and hairline suggests that the orange is poorly applied make up / fake tan. He has joked about it in public before so I think he is aware and continues doing it because it's part of his "brand", in spite of how awful it looks, along with the forward comb over and long red tie.

Reminds me of BoJo allegedly messing up his own hair deliberately prior to press conferences and engaging in slapstick humour in order to seem relatable to the working class.

Say what you will, they may be morons in many aspects but they understand marketing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back