Other Darts - World Champs, Premier League, Ranking Events

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a little disappointed, I wanted Anderson to win (Scottish heritage), but overall it as a worthy final, and the best player on the day, and probably of the tournament won.

It was an awesome world championship, one of, if not the most memorable I have ever seen.

Now for the season to start again, can't wait, and a big thanks to FoxSports for showing just about all of it live.:thumbsu:

Watched the replay at 5pm. Great final, content that the best two players made the final, the best player won, and that the final was not a dud.

Great 9-darter from Lewis. I think Anderson did well to get 5 sets.

The quality of the darts is a good advertisement for the game.

The commentary during this leg is not.

[YOUTUBE]yTGWa7g1mn8[/YOUTUBE]

I have recorded that final and will look at it over the next week few days. I know the result after accidentally reading the BBC sports. The Eurosports coverage was very poor. I missed the semis because I could not find them on the Fox Guide. Not saying that they were not there I just could not find them. The rumours are strong that the 2 organisation's are close to a compromise after many a long year. The PDC has taken the TV rating's in the UK with the stronger players and the BDO is being left in it's wake with only Adams a genuine superstar.

Interesting stats I came across.

PDC Prelim average: 84.57 (up 4 points on 2010)

Last 32 Averages

PDC: 92.23 (up 1)
BDO: 85.65 (up 1)

Last 16

PDC: 95.43 (even)
BDO: 84.4 (down 4)

Last 8

PDC: 96.87 (down 2)
BDO: 88.71 (down 1)

Last 4

PDC: 98.25 (up 1)
BDO: 88.16 (down 5)

Final

PDC: 99.41 (down 3)
BDO: 90.61 (down 4)

54 year-old Martin "Wolfie" Adams is again the BDO World Darts Champion.

He has made the semi finals the last 7 years, winning the event in 2007, 2010 and 2011, finishing runner-up in 2005 and losing at the semi-final stage in 2006, 2008 and 2009.

Except for 2006 when Barny lost the final, each of the last 7 years Adams has either won the event or been defeated by the player that went on to win the event. He seems resistant to join the PDC.

Yeah, Whitlock plays in the very last 1st round match late next Wednesday.

Gary Anderson plays last on Tuesday night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back