Darwin Football Association - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Darwin Football Association - 2010

heard on the grapevine fieldsy from somerset goin to rosebury as assistant coach and taken a heaps of blokes from various clubs with him anyone know or heard about this

Yep he's heading West for sure but don't know what players are going with him.

heard on the grapevine fieldsy from somerset goin to rosebury as assistant coach and taken a heaps of blokes from various clubs with him anyone know or heard about this

Yes he is going to Rosebery. Unsure of who will go with him cause they would need a fair bit one would think to push late into the finals and I dont think they will recruit enough to travel down there all year....

He's better at golf. won the club championships today. He's a very good player alot better than most that talk on this forum!!
Just a few points on the crap written in the Advocate on the combined game and Somerset Fc.Surely if one Club oppossed the game as stated in the paper that would not be enough to stop it.Chatwin broke his leg from Yolla as well as Tim breaking his hand from the Roos so they were not that happy about it either.There is always an issue regarding availability of players and who can blame a player wanting the weekend off as he would plan it now at the start of the year,you only ever want players that "want" to play anyway.As for the NWFA wanting to play the NTFA,good on them as the DFA pumped them in both games last year anyway.What right have they got slinging off after refusing to play the DFA for about 7 or 8 years after the Keith Coles coached team whipped them at Spreyton on 00 or 01-let the DFA worry about sustaining their competition and if this means no combined game,so be it.What was the vote for and against anyway ?There is more to these games than simply playing on the day and those that support it certainly are not around on the day to help out and the DFA in their wisdom are prepared to "suspend" those willing to help and passionate about such a game anyway.If the gear is actually sponsored by Cougar surely they would be prepared to help the League out in another way.Get the Dfa to select a "team of the year" along with support staff and get Cougar to donate a guernsey to be designed by somebody involved in the DFa but not an executive member for such a purpose.Get positive and pro-active you DFA sling off at a club like Somerset with one of the best grounds in the comp and how many DFA games has Martin Atagyn seen anyway ?

Just a few points on the crap written in the Advocate on the combined game and Somerset Fc.Surely if one Club oppossed the game as stated in the paper that would not be enough to stop it.Chatwin broke his leg from Yolla as well as Tim breaking his hand from the Roos so they were not that happy about it either.There is always an issue regarding availability of players and who can blame a player wanting the weekend off as he would plan it now at the start of the year,you only ever want players that "want" to play anyway.As for the NWFA wanting to play the NTFA,good on them as the DFA pumped them in both games last year anyway.What right have they got slinging off after refusing to play the DFA for about 7 or 8 years after the Keith Coles coached team whipped them at Spreyton on 00 or 01-let the DFA worry about sustaining their competition and if this means no combined game,so be it.What was the vote for and against anyway ?There is more to these games than simply playing on the day and those that support it certainly are not around on the day to help out and the DFA in their wisdom are prepared to "suspend" those willing to help and passionate about such a game anyway.If the gear is actually sponsored by Cougar surely they would be prepared to help the League out in another way.Get the Dfa to select a "team of the year" along with support staff and get Cougar to donate a guernsey to be designed by somebody involved in the DFa but not an executive member for such a purpose.Get positive and pro-active you DFA sling off at a club like Somerset with one of the best grounds in the comp and how many DFA games has Martin Atagyn seen anyway ?

Hasn't the SFC also made it's ground/clubrooms/trainers available for combined practice sessions/jumper presentations in the past 2-3 years as well? Doesn't sound like a club not prepared to support the DFA..........

If i were ever good enough i would look for an excuse to not play rep footy especially at bush level. Its an honour to represent your league though, but i feel that in the past most leagues iv ventured to dont give a toss about who plays so it sort of makes it pointless to have a rep side in the first place? Best players should be made play or can it i say. Whats the point in one league beating another by 10 goals+ when realistically there shouldn't be 5 goals in it.......

Hasn't the SFC also made it's ground/clubrooms/trainers available for combined practice sessions/jumper presentations in the past 2-3 years as well? Doesn't sound like a club not prepared to support the DFA..........
Very true Whisky,best ground in the comp,bit windy somedays though !

Any word on each teams recruits? Who does everyone think is the team to beat? For mine I think Natone will be hard to beat again and i expect Somerset to recover after a poor 2011.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

any news on who fields is taking with him to rosebery toorak i heard troy pile is heading back down the west as well?

any news on who fields is taking with him to rosebery toorak i heard troy pile is heading back down the west as well?

Josh Barry & Immsy are the only ones I've heard of that MAY have been going & Lozza had been asked. That was only bar talk tho so not sure if they're definites.

Josh Barry & Immsy are the only ones I've heard of that MAY have been going & Lozza had been asked. That was only bar talk tho so not sure if they're definites.
Big Lawrence to play with South Burnie and Josh Barry can go wherever he likes !Things will start to sort themselves out closer to the season.Apparently Yeoman beat West Ulvy at the weekend so with some additions of more experienced players they may be on the improve.No one the wiser on the teams after the DFA launch as most coaches only spoke about numbers at training , not much on additions or deletions to their respective lists

Big Lawrence to play with South Burnie and Josh Barry can go wherever he likes !Things will start to sort themselves out closer to the season.Apparently Yeoman beat West Ulvy at the weekend so with some additions of more experienced players they may be on the improve.No one the wiser on the teams after the DFA launch as most coaches only spoke about numbers at training , not much on additions or deletions to their respective lists

S'set seniors had a 5 goal win today after trailing by 21 pts at 1/4 time.

Yolla 2's got the chocolates with a 20 point win - a good effort with the minimum number of players & Wayne Symes recruited from the can bar just prior to the first bounce :D

S'set seniors had a 5 goal win today after trailing by 21 pts at 1/4 time.

Yolla 2's got the chocolates with a 20 point win - a good effort with the minimum number of players & Wayne Symes recruited from the can bar just prior to the first bounce :D
Yep good start for the boys from Langley,worth eight points almost up there at Yolla.Plenty of "ins" for both teams but the Roos can improve a bit I reckon.Good to see the roos twos get that close and in fact had more scoring shots but with 10 players under 18 it is a big learning curve for most of them.Dissappointing to hear that Yeoman only started their 12 oclock game with 10 players-bet their will be more available this week at home !

Watched the caprona v yeoman game, looks like yeoman have picked up well their number 3, French was best man on the ground by a mile. going to be a very handy player:thumbsu:

Watched the caprona v yeoman game, looks like yeoman have picked up well their number 3, French was best man on the ground by a mile. going to be a very handy player:thumbsu:
Yes he has had a good start after being runner up in the Circular Head B and F last year.No doubt Yeoman have improved which is good for the comp.Results as expected after 2 rounds although Yolla may have to "find" some more goals by the looks of it.Usual lack of numbers by the Crows for an away game this week but as always stronger at home.Looks like the quick fellas from South are amongst the goals and Lamprey in the ones helps them massively.Natone have lost nothing as yet with Maxy Fisher out of the midfield as it appears Sam Smart may be playing as a forward rotating through their midfield-he has plenty of leg speed.Big games on the go this week

its been quiet on here has mooch got another job so he aint able to spend half a day on here. so what the news except for latham getting the rest of the year for man handling an ump. can anyone answer why his name was barry latham on the team sheet not garry or was queenie playing an unregestered player?????//

its been quiet on here has mooch got another job so he aint able to spend half a day on here. so what the news except for latham getting the rest of the year for man handling an ump. can anyone answer why his name was barry latham on the team sheet not garry or was queenie playing an unregestered player?????//
Did you ACTUALLY see the team sheet Buddy or hearsay and the story changed a thousand times between all sources like most things on here ?Barry,Garry-close enough for this comp !All good around the traps,surely the Saints must be favourites at this stage in the ones having not dropped a game as yet .All pretty well stock standard with Yeoman,Cuprona and the Crows all outside the 5 in both grades.Ridgley have seemed to had an influx of new players in to both their teams and apparently quite a few are missing out so obviously the teams with reasonable depth are the ones going well currently.As I have said on many occassions,5 will stay the same and once the finals begin anything can happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back