Rumour Davey wants out

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't see what they see in Neagle but they must see something?

What was he like as a junior? Did he kick bags?

He show very very few glimpses of being a decent forward and he has shown plenty of deficiences.

He really is the key to our spine in coming good.

Hurley, Pears, Ryder, Gumbleton, ??????

If neagle turned into the power fevola like foward we will be laughing in a few years.

James Hird: "Jay Neagle ... all power, all strength ... "

Actually the only piece of commentating of Jim's that I actually remember (given it appeared on the "This ... is Essendon" campaign lol). I really want to keep the faith in Jay though. Just feel like something inside him needs to be unleashed.

Carlisle and Still will be interesting prospects, Hardingham at FF in the 2nd half of the season was like repairing a broken table with chewing gum. If he has a future at this club, then it's playing the same role as Monfries and Zaharakis.

I don't think Hardingham is a long term soloution.

Looked the goods in his first couple of games but then got found out pretty quickly. I also can't really see him improving a lot.

I agree with S20 on Neagle. If he is doing everything that is asked of him and more leading into round 1 2011 injured or not then he gets a game. If not, he has had enough chances and it's time to go.

Neagles a worse Tom Hawkins, doesnt work or try enough. Has the potential and ability but will never realise it. It depends where the club wants Hurley to play his career at, back or forward. I wish we had two of him, but we dont and i think we need to keep Neagle until a Still, Carlisle come on. I havnt seen much of these players but im hoping one can be our FF fix. Next year i would much prefer to have Hooker, Pears, Flecther as our 3 tall backs and not play Neagle if he hasnt done a good pre season and push Hurley forward as a permanent power forward. The future may be different, but i think we are a bit top heavy down back as it is and having all those 4 down back seems to much aswell.

Hardingham is not big enough to be a full forward and will probably be used off a HBF if we have Williams up and running. I like our forward line alot, i think its good enough to do anything in the future. Monfries plays that defensive forward role just about as well as any. Gumby must be one of the best tall forward prospects coming through. Williams, Hardingham can ass that "X factor" as well as most. Jetta, Davey can add that tackling and forward line pressure that is needed. The full forward is our defiancy but i reckon we need to give Hurley or Neagle a fair go and try and get 30-40 goals out of them for next year.

Neagle leads way to early for the gameplan we had this year.
He kept leading after one or two handpasses, then we'd run and handpass at least 5 times and he just kept getting caught in no mans land, far to close to the conetest.

His hands and kicking are good only when he has confidence, also when Neagle was on led to the right places he was ignored, no play had faith in him. Only bloke that used him was winderlich on occasions.

Neagle leads way to early for the gameplan we had this year.

There was no point in any forward leading with the gameplan we had, there was never any space, and when there was we ****ed around too much.

How many marks on the lead inside 50 can you actually remember any forwards take compared to other teams?

I'm optimistic for next year purely from a change of gameplan standpoint, ANY can be better than what we dished up last year, and we still somehow won 7 games.

I might be going out on a limb here, but from what I've seen Neagle is the most talented forward we have. Fitness and work ethic are his major downfalls.

It's sort of an unusual feeling with Neagle.

If he has a massive pre-season, I'm confident he'd be part of our best 22 and have an excellent 2011. However, I'm not confident that he'll have a massive preseason in the first place. (if that makes sense)

I agree with this, although he is trying hard to prove us wrong. 2011 is definitely his make or break year.

I think i threw up when i heard pick 47 for davey

Shame on you coming to another board with such a proposal think things through before you get blasted crow your better then that :cool:

Would be last option if he said he was going to walk. Even so dont think wed take it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He wasn't nearly as big back the, IIRC.

He was extremely quick on the lead, however, as well as a one-grab player, strong in contests and a booming kick for goal.

Still all attributes that he possesses, only he hasn't put an entire pre-season together to be able to run out full games.

He's still the answer.

Both Jetta and Houli must stay on board, especially Jetta. Davey probably not as importaint in terms of the furture.

Likely: end up with Davey, Houli out; Jones & Tambling in.
Would have to get a late pick for the Jones/Davey trade; which we'd need to send with Houli for Tambling.

Best case scenario; also send out Hooker & 2nd pick for Mundy. Paul Connors (ie McPhee & Ball's manager wink wink) might be our best friend here.

Pick 8, Mundy, Jones, Tambling, pick 46, 63.

As much as Hawks want to get rid of Lewis, don't know if we're really hot on him.
what makes you think we want to get rid of lewis??:confused:

I don't know where you get your information but that's definetely not the case. Jordy is highly rated at the hawks and is a quality mid that still has plenty room for improvement. This year hasn't been his best, but he has still averaged 22 disposals and is very versatile as shown when he pushed forward for us, he's not going anywhere unless we got quality in return.

Sorry for jumping on your board to guys.

what makes you think we want to get rid of lewis??:confused:

I don't know where you get your information but that's definetely not the case. Jordy is highly rated at the hawks and is a quality mid that still has plenty room for improvement. This year hasn't been his best, but he has still averaged 22 disposals and is very versatile as shown when he pushed forward for us, he's not going anywhere unless we got quality in return.

Sorry for jumping on your board to guys.

Based on what? I've heard that from Hawk supporters every year along with "wait til he puts in a pre-season and he gets fit". To my knowledge it was his best pre-season since being drafted and he shed a couple kgs.

He was an early bloomer, much like Roughead and Franklin, hence they were able to win a flag with a young team. I guarantee Lewis won't get any better.

Based on what? I've heard that from Hawk supporters every year along with "wait til he puts in a pre-season and he gets fit". To my knowledge it was his best pre-season since being drafted and he shed a couple kgs.

He was an early bloomer, much like Roughead and Franklin, hence they were able to win a flag with a young team. I guarantee Lewis won't get any better.
He's still 3 or 4 years away from being in the prime of his career, you have no idea whether he will improve or not, tell me you thought leigh brown was going to improve after leaving north??
We have also tried putting him in the forward line discovering his versatility, and he kicked a couple bags of goals, so he has improved in aspects.

Even if he didn't improve what difference does it make? You have nothing of equal quality that you would trade.

I think there was one thread on the Hawthorn board saying one of Mitchell, Sewell or Lewis has to go to makeway for a pacey, silky outside mid. ie midfield too slow. While the logic may be there to swap a decent/good/quality (whatever you want to describe Lewis) slow midfielder for one with more zip and x-factor, I doubt the Hawks would attempt to offload him and obviously the two other names there are untouchables.

Don't know their salary cap situation though, so maybe that's an issue since bringing in S.Burgoyne?

I think there was one thread on the Hawthorn board saying one of Mitchell, Sewell or Lewis has to go to makeway for a pacey, silky outside mid. ie midfield too slow. While the logic may be there to swap a decent/good/quality (whatever you want to describe Lewis) slow midfielder for one with more zip and x-factor, I doubt the Hawks would attempt to offload him and obviously the two other names there are untouchables.

Don't know their salary cap situation though, so maybe that's an issue since bringing in S.Burgoyne?
we have some stupid posters on our board suggesting ridiculous trades, so I wouldn't read into it to much, suggesting mitch as a trade shows how deluded some people are, as for the other to, they will both be at hawthorn next year. Saying that, we probably do need an extra pacy mid, not sure what we will do though.

He's still 3 or 4 years away from being in the prime of his career, you have no idea whether he will improve or not, tell me you thought leigh brown was going to improve after leaving north??
We have also tried putting him in the forward line discovering his versatility, and he kicked a couple bags of goals, so he has improved in aspects.

Even if he didn't improve what difference does it make? You have nothing of equal quality that you would trade.

Lewis is 24, in 3-4 years he'll more likely be way too slow for AFL football than be entering his prime.

Leigh Brown is a KPP, they take longer to develop and in Brown's case he's been given a different role.

Lewis is 24, in 3-4 years he'll more likely be way too slow for AFL football than be entering his prime.

Leigh Brown is a KPP, they take longer to develop and in Brown's case he's been given a different role.
Boyd and swan are 2 off the top of my head that are in their prime and they are 28 and 26, Lewis is still a very good footballer at the moment and whether you agree or not i see him improving over the next couple of seasons, he doesn't have to improve much, he has good hands, plenty of grunt, and can kick a bag of goals as shown when playing forward. He has no problem finding the ball, he just needs to improve a bit on his decision making and that can come out of site.

Do you agree that you have nothing to trade that hawthorn would want? Or do you believe you have something we would be keen on and would trade Lewis for it.

People suggesting we want to get rid of Lewis have no idea.

Boyd and swan are 2 off the top of my head that are in their prime and they are 28 and 26, Lewis is still a very good footballer at the moment and whether you agree or not i see him improving over the next couple of seasons, he doesn't have to improve much, he has good hands, plenty of grunt, and can kick a bag of goals as shown when playing forward. He has no problem finding the ball, he just needs to improve a bit on his decision making and that can come out of site.

Do you agree that you have nothing to trade that hawthorn would want? Or do you believe you have something we would be keen on and would trade Lewis for it.

You say you need a fast outside midfielder so how about Winderlich?

Boyd and Swan have been at that level for years. Lewis is a good footballer in a great midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back