Universal Love David Teague

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing is when you get a new coach.. you can go half a season with poor performances as the players learn the game plan and then you can identify how they want to play and the performances improve.

Freo under Longmuir
Crows under Nicks
Bombers under Rutten
Roos under Noble (last few weeks they’ve started to click)

Besides the run of games when Teague was caretaker can anyone say confidently what our game plan is, whether the players understand it and if our performances are going to improve
To kick it long to Harry.

Getting Murphy to 300 is the least of our problems. Get him there, retire him, put a line through a few others, Teague included, and strap up for next year.
Another wasted year.

Last year I was critical they didn't give enough opportunity to the youth in shortened gametime and absence of VFL.

This year, we have replicated this. Little opportunity to the youth, going back to the same group of players.

We delisted 3 talls and retired kreuzer for a replacement of 1 Omac, only in Feb.

This calamity was in the making un 2020. Chickens coming home to roost for not only Teague but the people that run the club.

Our investments of Saad and Williams have done little to make us better. Just add them to Martin and McGovern as blokes that tie up salary cap, with flash in pan performances

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

Another wasted year.

Last year I was critical they didn't give enough opportunity to the youth in shortened gametime and absence of VFL.

This year, we have replicated this. Little opportunity to the youth, going back to the same group of players.

We delisted 3 talls and retired kreuzer for a replacement of 1 Omac, only in Feb.

This calamity was in the making un 2020. Chickens coming home to roost for not only Teague but the people that run the club.

Our investments of Saad and Williams have done little to make us better. Just add them to Martin and McGovern as blokes that tie up salary cap, with flash in pan performances

I'd probably leave Saad out of that group, but level of disappointment as follows

1/McGovern
2/williams
3/Martin

Williams is a worry, always injured. If he plays hurt, Teague and the match committee are the dumbest imbeciles in sport.

The thing is when you get a new coach.. you can go half a season with poor performances as the players learn the game plan and then you can identify how they want to play and the performances improve.

Freo under Longmuir
Crows under Nicks
Bombers under Rutten
Roos under Noble (last few weeks they’ve started to click)

Besides the run of games when Teague was caretaker can anyone say confidently what our game plan is, whether the players understand it and if our performances are going to improve
It was ATTACK and that's it

Sorry Teague you dont have it as a senior coach.
have not being able to solve the problems from last year
- stopping opposition kicking several goals in a row
- breaking momentum
- No defensive structure
- having defenders play 5 metres of their direct opponents just so they can intercept
- being out numbered at every section of the ground
- freeing up forwards to lead and mark the ball in fwd 50
- No plan B

regardless if you didn't have the assistant coaches behind you,
there should have been some improvements in some of these areas.

Well gee whiz being 7 goals down at 3 qtr time against the bottom team might have that effect.

You piped up with the intention to be a smart arse and its backfired.
You were called out last week for carrying on like a pork chop about the coach in a game that we won..

You went away and hid in the trees like a sad school kid hoping that things would go wrong and when they did jumped out and sreamed "I WAS RIGHT"

Congratulations. Things have turned to shi$.

Feel free to post whatever rubbish you like in return . See, I'm old enough to have seen us win 8 flags, and to be involved in lots of country flags as a player, coach and administrator. This doesn't mean that I know more than anyone else, it just means that like Danny Glover in Lethal Weapon, that I'm too old for this shi$.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gone. No chance he stays. There is no where to hide anymore. No one can protect him anymore and whoever tries is part of the problem

So Pavlich is a key player in this external review yet is providing mediocre special comments on Fox Footy as we speak. I don't blame some people who have lost all faith in this football club. His selection to be on the panel is a joke IMO.

The board should listen to its supporter base and sack Teague. Just like when they listened to it’s supporter base and hired Teague.

You might want to rethink that logic a little bit...

IF Teague was the wrong choice (and in hindsight, they got that horribly, horribly wrong) then yes, they should move on to someone else. And learn from what happened this time and run a full and proper process to find a successor who has a plan more developed than 'put the old guys back in the midfield'.

You were called out last week for carrying on like a pork chop about the coach in a game that we won..

You went away and hid in the trees like a sad school kid hoping that things would go wrong and when they did jumped out and sreamed "I WAS RIGHT"

Congratulations. Things have turned to shi$.

Feel free to post whatever rubbish you like in return . See, I'm old enough to have seen us win 8 flags, and to be involved in lots of country flags as a player, coach and administrator. This doesn't mean that I know more than anyone else, it just means that like Danny Glover in Lethal Weapon, that I'm too old for this shi$.

Ok boomer. See ya then.

Getting Murphy to 300 is the least of our problems. Get him there, retire him, put a line through a few others, Teague included, and strap up for next year.
I beg to differ as I just can't see what he has done to earn his spot as aside from maybe the Gold Coast game earlier this season I cannot think of a game where he has played well. He did some poor media when he got dropped which gave the implication of entitlement and he did nothing to justify coming in today. It gives everyone the feeling that Teague has poor judgment. When you couple this with other equally baffling decisions like picking Setterfield against the Cats after 3 weeks out injured and questionable form prior to that, suggesting Cunningham as a match up to hold Lever in check when we played Melbourne and reverting back to the high press today after having a more balanced structure over the past few weeks and I think its clear Teague is out of his depth. I don't think he is solely to blame - delisting 3 key position players and replacing them with one in the pre season was really daft as was not upgrading assistant coaches - but I think Teague is gone. I think its also likely a few other such as Lloyd and Austin may also follow him out the door.

The board should listen to its supporter base and sack Teague. Just like when they listened to it’s supporter base and hired Teague.
If the club actually ran a professional process, it would have identified that Teague was fools gold.

Like a broken record that I am, culturally we are a club focused on everything but football.

Carlton University, membership count, PP redevelopment, debt reduction. All important but pointless if the footy team is floundering.

We are a football club first. We exist to win football games. We all support the club because of the football team.

Teagues failure is on those that hired him. As is Boltons. Both with training wheels, unsupported with good structure and experience.

Time for some credentialed football experience from board to coach.

Too many novices, too many with training wheels on in key roles to drive accountability.

Well beaten by the bottom team. Doesnt get much more sobering or stark.

Teagues gift (media slang for giving up goal runs), has been going on since his 1st game as caretaker. He has had plenty of time to address this

I beg to differ as I just can't see what he has done to earn his spot as aside from maybe the Gold Coast game earlier this season I cannot think of a game where he has played well. He did some poor media when he got dropped which gave the implication of entitlement and he did nothing to justify coming in today. It gives everyone the feeling that Teague has poor judgment. When you couple this with other equally baffling decisions like picking Setterfield against the Cats after 3 weeks out injured and questionable form prior to that, suggesting Cunningham as a match up to hold Lever in check when we played Melbourne and reverting back to the high press today after having a more balanced structure over the past few weeks and I think its clear Teague is out of his depth. I don't think he is solely to blame - delisting 3 key position players and replacing them with one in the pre season was really daft as was not upgrading assistant coaches - but I think Teague is gone. I think its also likely a few other such as Lloyd and Austin may also follow him out the door.
Assuming Murphy is cut from next year's list, it's not worth the blowback leaving him stranded in the high 290's. We ain't playing finals and while there is opportunity to have look at some on our list, it's too late in the season to get any real development into a 'youngster'. Whether he's earnt his spot ahead of anyone else is debatable either way so we may as well get him over the line.
I'm not screaming from the rooftops to get it done, but whatever.
Just my view.

So Pavlich is a key player in this external review yet is providing mediocre special comments on Fox Footy as we speak. I don't blame some people who have lost all faith in this football club. His selection to be on the panel is a joke IMO.
He was on the panel for the Adelaide review, so has experience and will have learnt from that experience. The reason they asked Dunstall as well.

When Teague is sacked it better be in conjunction with the list management team.

What came first? The chicken or the egg. I don't bloody care. They're both insufficient.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back