David Warner

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would a cricketer’s brother schedule their wedding right in the middle of cricket season? Maybe he has the same opinion of Davey as the rest of us and was passively aggressively not inviting him :tearsofjoy:

Scheduled it after the Test series he was retiring from and on a BBL game... no excuses really Warner should be staying at the wedding.

Warner is getting about 35k (reported by the media) a game for the Thunder but surely he isn't hard up on a buck..

Last edited:
Warner is now semi retired.... surely he'd stay at his brothers wedding and get on the piss... Thunder aren't even in Finals contention there 1-5 (1 NC).. I'd be filthy if I was Warners brother.
Make no mistake, it is all about Davey.

What's worse is that the media and Channel 7 will lap this up. 'Here comes Davey....here he is in a helicopter kids......yay'

Cringeworthy.

Highly doubt he paid for the wedding.. just saying.
Why would you doubt it? He grew up in public housing and has since made a fair bit. Not beyond the realms he would share it around his family.
Warner is getting about 35k (reported by the media) a game for the Thunder but surely he isn't hard up on a buck..
Not many of us would leave $35k on the table. The sum could also be contingent on playing a certain number of games.

Why would you doubt it? He grew up in public housing and has since made a fair bit. Not beyond the realms he would share it around his family.

Not many of us would leave $35k on the table. The sum could also be contingent on playing a certain number of games.
I don't think he's going to go hungry even if he missed out on $35K.

Yeah it’s definitely odd behaviour. My best man had to leave slightly early and I wasn’t thrilled, but it was still pretty late.
You would think a brother would stay and enjoy the whole day. Weddings especially those you are close to are often very memorable and a lot of fun.

Future family gatherings there will be conversations about the wedding and things that took place.
Where were you at the time Davey? Oh I was flying back to play a game of cricket that no one remembers.

Think this is the answer....adulation:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So he picks up a cool $105k for the 3 BBL games he's going to play...Then he jets off to the UAE comp for 7-8 games & another nice healthy 6 figure sum by early Feb...Fair chance his bro & wife got a decent wedding gift.

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is a very long-winded way of saying 'he didn't look for it properly'.

Written by Warner or CA's PR team, one would imagine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back