Dayle Garlett - Overlooked

Remove this Banner Ad

PA simply wouldn't allow any sort of extra behavioural clauses added, over and above what's already in the CBA (which are fairly full-on to start with).
Just found that, didn't know about it. Dang

I went to the HUN website to take a look, but instead I found this: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/opinion...enous-youngsters/story-e6frfhqf-1226525208981
It was a clumsily worded attempt to highlight what is a genuine issue, that as AFL life becomes more regimented, we are losing some rare indigenous talents from upbringings that are far less restricted.
681675-liam-jurrah.jpg
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/opinion...enous-youngsters/story-e6frfhqf-1226525208981

Reminds me so much of:

russell-coight-s-handshake-o.gif

I dont see a massive problem with his kicking, he seems to have in mind that the further he kicks the footy the better but he has also shown an ability to kick some short neat balls.

He played mainly as a small forward that worked up the ground when he could for swan districts. No doubt at AFL level he doesnt yet have the engine to play in the guts but he would certainly be a very capable small forward/HFF.

Doesnt have Lovett type pace? yeh well 99.5% of the AFL dont. Hes quicker than Jetta no doubt, but he might put on some size and become an inside midfield type that can explode away from packs.

Just noticed Sheedy and GWS are now backpeddling on Tippett, always thought that was an unlikely drafting. The whole thing was probably just the showman Sheedy winding up ross town rival the Swans.

From your point of view that does of course mean that GWS now come into play for Garlett as they have first pick and with their burgeoning talented squad, if he doesn't work out, no big deal they have lots of AFL $ to blowg they haven't got in their squad or makes for a valuable trade back to WCE or Freo in future years.

So if you want him you probably now need for GWS, Bulldogs, Port and Richmond to pass on him.

Just noticed Sheedy and GWS are now backpeddling on Tippett, always thought that was an unlikely drafting. The whole thing was probably just the showman Sheedy winding up ross town rival the Swans.

From your point of view that does of course mean that GWS now come into play for Garlett as they have first pick and with their burgeoning talented squad, if he doesn't work out, no big deal they have lots of AFL $ to blowg they haven't got in their squad or makes for a valuable trade back to WCE or Freo in future years.

So if you want him you probably now need for GWS, Bulldogs, Port and Richmond to pass on him.

If I was GWS coach, i would not want a bad apple amongst my countless young players. A team with solid leadership is better equiped to get this kid on the right path. However I would not put anything past Sheeds.

Let's not forget everyone had a chance to get this kid cheap in the ND. i can't see why they would all of a sudden be falling over themselves to draft him. Despite being invited to train at Essendon, he still is the same kid who was passed up 5 days ago.

Dont really think GWS will be put off by money. They can just front load Tippet's contract and be sweet, I think. Can Tippet stipulate that he doesn't want his contract front loaded? I know he can obviously put a total contract value and length "on his head", but does he get a say how and when it comes to him?

Dont really think GWS will be put off by money. They can just front load Tippet's contract and be sweet, I think. Can Tippet stipulate that he doesn't want his contract front loaded? I know he can obviously put a total contract value and length "on his head", but does he get a say how and when it comes to him?

Would it matter to him if it is or is not front-loaded? Still gets the same amount of cash. Hope he gets deregistered, the bastard. The whole thing is amazing, since he's not actually much chop.

Would it matter to him if it is or is not front-loaded? Still gets the same amount of cash. Hope he gets deregistered, the bastard. The whole thing is amazing, since he's not actually much chop.
Dont think it would matter to him, unless by stating that wants the money evenly over, say 5 years, it might get GWS to over look him and get him to Sydney. GWS will need to front load, otherwise Tippett will be taking big chunks of money in 2017 that could be going towards Patton, Cameron, Coniglio et al.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In most cases, for the same contract value a front-loaded contract should be preferred to an evenly distributed or back-ended contract.

All of which will pass on him.
Lol, "if he doesnt work out...makes a valuable trade to wce or freo" ...explain how garlett not working out at gws makes him more valuable?

In most cases, for the same contract value a front-loaded contract should be preferred to an evenly distributed or back-ended contract.

Dont think it would matter to him, unless by stating that wants the money evenly over, say 5 years, it might get GWS to over look him and get him to Sydney. GWS will need to front load, otherwise Tippett will be taking big chunks of money in 2017 that could be going towards Patton, Cameron, Coniglio et al.

Ah yes, the strategic element. I would be surpised if he is allowed to dictate his terms to that extent; almost compromises the draft. I suppose it just shifts the onus onto clubs as to who is willing to accomodate it down the track...

Ah yes, the strategic element. I would be surpised if he is allowed to dictate his terms to that extent; almost compromises the draft. I suppose it just shifts the onus onto clubs as to who is willing to accomodate it down the track...
Isnt that the exact reason he is available anyway :p

Are his foot skills better than those YouTube clips?

Because in that first one especially, he missed more targets than he hit, and the ones he did hit, were usually mongrel floaters.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but actually asking, because that's all I've seen of him.

Better than average and he actually does have quite a penetrating kick.

I very much hope he doesn't get deregistered. It would be an absolute travisty if he was. Surely its the club's sole responsibility to balance the club's books and meet the salary cap, no way should it be of any concern to the player where it comes from. He or his manager are by no means innocent given they agreed to keep things quiet, but deregistering him would be a penalty far far too great. Adelaide needs to cop the brunt of the blow.

But that's for another thread. GWS taking Tippet or not won't have any affect on Garlett being available at Essendon's pick.

I very much hope he doesn't get deregistered. It would be an absolute travisty if he was. Surely its the club's sole responsibility to balance the club's books and meet the salary cap, no way should it be of any concern to the player where it comes from. He or his manager are by no means innocent given they agreed to keep things quiet, but deregistering him would be a penalty far far too great. Adelaide needs to cop the brunt of the blow.

But that's for another thread. GWS taking Tippet or not won't have any affect on Garlett being available at Essendon's pick.

You dont 100% know that hes going to be available and that any of those clubs arnt going to pick him for sure.

FFS even Essendon wouldnt be 100% certain.

Its probably the most likely situation if according to the media, those training with who ect are true.

Id say Prismall > Garlett > Fields

is our likely order according to reports

Is it just me or does he look a bit chubby?

Well, you have put on a few pounds to be honest, I still love you the way you are though sweety <3

From the thread in the main board.
Garlett has trained with SD league team Monday and Tuesday this week and was at the Gym this morning at 6.30 am , flying to Melbourne on Monday to train with Essendon and FWIW Phil Smart knows only that Garlett was suspended at SD and knows nothing of any other incidents . Phil Smart reckons the Facebook photo's were immature and the SD suspensions were applied only to help Garlett , they weren't serious offences and now believes if SD hadn't applied the suspensions Garlett would have been drafted .:cool:

All Up sounds like Garlett is right to go next week and should be picked up by one of up to 3 or 4 teams I would imagine .

Sounds promising.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back