Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Beams becomes a Lion

Beams_Announcement-hero.jpg

he Brisbane Lions have officially lodged the paperwork that will see former Collingwood premiership midfielder and best and fairest winner Dayne Beams join the Club.

The Lions received Beams and Pick No.67 in return for their first and second round selections, Pick No.5 and No.25 respectively, and young midfielder, Jack Crisp.

Crisp, who approached the Club regarding a potential trade back to his home state of Victoria, departs after 18 games for the Club in three seasons, including six games in 2014.

Originally from Queensland, Beams was drafted to Collingwood from Southport with Pick No.29 at the 2008 AFL National Draft, and will return home to line up alongside younger brother, Claye, at the Lions.

Dayne Beams finally joins Lions for two picks and Jack Crisp

1510_BeamsDeal.jpg

DAYNE Beams has joined the Brisbane Lions in a deal that sends picks 5, 25 and young midfielder Jack Crisp to the Magpies. The Lions also acquired Collingwood's fourth-round draft pick (No.67) in the trade. It is a big win for the Lions who acquire a 24-year-old midfielder with 110 games experience and a premiership under his belt. Beams is one of the game's elite midfielders capable of kicking goals and turning matches.

Oh brother!

Two sets of brothers are set to be reunited at the Brisbane Lions in 2015 – further strengthening the Club’s staunch family values.

Dayne Beams’ move from Collingwood will see him come together with younger brother Claye at the Lions, while Cian Hanley will travel all the way from Ireland to join older brother Pearce at the Club as an International Rookie.

Beams_Brothers-hero.jpg

Lions talent manager Peter Schwab was delighted Beams and Allen Christensen had joined the club. "Dayne is one of the competition's premier midfielders. He is an elite player and we are thrilled to welcome him to the Lions family," Schwab said. "Dayne expressed his desire to come to our footy club and naturally we were very keen to make that a reality. With Jack expressing a desire to relocate back to Victoria it enabled us to get a deal done that satisfied all parties involved.

"This trade period we have made a real effort to attract A-grade talent to our football club and with both Dayne and Allen coming on board this week I think we have been successful. "With the likes of Rich, Rockliff, Redden, Hanley, Christensen and now Beams, running through the midfield you can't help but get excited about the future of our football club."

Midfield recruits set Lions on finals path

Beams officially became a Brisbane player after Collingwood signed off on a trade that delivered the 2012 All-Australian and pick 67 to the Gabba in exchange for picks 5, 25 and midfielder Jack Crisp. Beams first asked to be traded to a Queensland club on September 24 to be closer to his father Phillip who is battling bowel cancer.

His wish is now complete along with a five-year, $3.5 million contract with Brisbane in his back pocket.

Beams is on holiday in the US and will return to Australia early next week. Beams played 110 games for Collingwood after making his senior debut in Round 2, 2009. The Gold Coast junior was part of the club’s 2010 premiership side. “The decisions I’ve made are for what I think is best for myself, partner and family and that is all that matters to me at the end of the day,’’ Beams said on Twitter. “I’m looking forward to continuing my career with the Lions and my best mate and my brother.’’

So 700k a season, Collingwood fans are saying hes getting 1.5mill the first, then 700 each for the other 4. Clearly they are pretty clued into this.
His 1st year is probably getting massively frontloaded so we can chase another high profile player next year. Would be great if we can get tex and give the beams brothers and their dad a premiership.

According to Leppas Instagram, Dayne will wear number 9

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just want him to remove his twitter thing where it says collingwood fc.

If I were him I'd be enjoying my holiday in the USA and not really caring what my twitter profile says. I've got no frigging idea what's on mine tbh

If I were him I'd be enjoying my holiday in the USA and not really caring what my twitter profile says. I've got no frigging idea what's on mine tbh
It says you're a big lameo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back