Movie DC Extended Universe - News, updates and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm all good with them slipping back and forth between reality, just hope the whole movie isn't in their heads.

That clip with people in Joker gear chasing after Arthur - wowza.

Looks like it's going to be batshit (no pun intended) insane with a pretty chaotic Gotham out of control from the first movie.

Much better than I thought this would be going by the trailer.

Certainly looks batshit crazy yes. How much of it is hallucinating vs real, remains to be seen. I’d imagine he will be continually descending over the course of the film. The sign of “Hotel Arkham” got me, that’s glorious.

Maybe, like Christian Bale, he'll shred for the role.

Not even the look that's an issue - majority of his characters not really know for being paternal/warm.

Look, must have shown something pretty good in the audition - and the casting to date has been pretty good, so I'll reserve judgement.

I wonder if we will see any hints of Batman in this movie. Imagine a tease at the end of the movie thats a reverse of this....

* i hope not.

I personally didnt get the first Joker, just really did nothing for me but i also think its just not a joker movie. Its a psychological horror/drama with a DC name slapped on for branding. The worst scene in the movie was the Bruce Wayne one.

To roll an actual Batman into this universe would be really off to me.

The age differential from the first film also makes it challenging, unless there’s a significant time jump in this one which I’m not sure about. Always felt the Wayne’s scene in the first Joker was more so a nod/reminder that this iteration is still set in the DC world, rather than to set that up for future films.

Finally saw The Flash actually thought it was pretty good, biggest downside was the artistic direction the director went with the CGI and probably a couple of slapstick jokes that could have been cut (mostly the stupid broken tooth joke).

Thought the acting was pretty good all round especially Keaton, it's a shame Miller is such a mess IRL as he's did a good job.

Definitely not the dumpster fire people had been saying (those CGI sequences for the Time Travel / Multi-verse were pretty goofy though).

If the last few DCEU movies weren't delivered DoA due to the direction change at WB/DC the probably would have performed better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back