Streaming Gen V (a spinoff from "The Boys" Universe)

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched the first episode and it was pretty good.
Had some of the qualities that made The Boys so good, but falls a bit short of that show (based on the first episode only though, it could get even better, or worse)

In an in-depth report published earlier today, Vulture uncovered a scheme from a PR firm called Bunker 15 to goose reviews for 2018 Daisy Ridley drama Ophelia. After initial reviews came in, resulting in a disappointing 46% rating on Rotten Tomatoes (a movie is deemed “rotten” if falling short of a 60% rating), Vulture reports that Bunker 15 started paying lower-level critics on the website to post positive reviews for $50 a pop, essentially trying to manipulate the system. The firm also lobbied one critic to change their negative review to positive.

Well, I've watched the first three episodes and have enjoyed it for what it is. It certainly has the grossness we associate with The Boys, but it's still early days in regard to the storyline and where it's heading. The characters are pretty good, all with their own "demons" and flaws, and all wanting to be the next big thing or get into the 7. The hidden evil underbelly of Vought again acts as a catalyst to propel the story along. Oh, and this small review was not paid for. LMAO.

starting watching and was very confused with the opening (the aftermath of the night before), after trying to put every together for 25 minutes, realised id started on ep2. Was HAF at the time so will try again soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is being reported that the end of this season will lead into The Boys Season 4, and the end of The Boys S4 will lead into Gen V season 2.

I've been enjoying Gen V. It seems I'm the only one around here though LOL.

I like it.
The episode before last was cool where they all had their memories deleted.

It is being reported that the end of this season will lead into The Boys Season 4, and the end of The Boys S4 will lead into Gen V season 2.

I've been enjoying Gen V. It seems I'm the only one around here though LOL.

Not the only one. Just binged it (yay COVID) and although not as good as The Boys, still very much in its spirit and a lot of promise. Hyper violent and gory (and dick) but definitely full of themes and messages that resonate.

The actress that played Cate annoyed me greatly which I guess is the point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back