Random de Grammar FRED

Remove this Banner Ad

Disagree-ance, or however the hell someone who utters that word (which isn't a word) would spell it!

Was also left scratching my head somewhat when MD tried to tell me earlier in the thread that 'THEIR' is not used to "indicate possession". Rather, it is a "possessive term"... perhaps some people are trying too hard in this thread.

I always thought it was a piss take when people would say it, but as a child I would have adults tell me in all seriousness to remember the 3 R's.

Probably says more about the caliber of adults I was surrounded with than anything else
Maybe I explained it wrong, but the person saying it is well aware that the words aren't spelt that way.

It's a pretty awful "joke" really.
My grandfather, an well-educated guy, used to think it was funny. His sense of humour was of the the variety that has an 8 y.o. grandson rolling his eyes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't realize the reason we were here was to be judged on our grammer.

Don't forget spelling too- FYI, it's spelled 'grammar'.

I always hate seeing 'spelt' used instead of 'spelled' by the way, just seems wrong to me although I am aware it is an acceptable variation. I also hate seeing 'forecasted' used, 'forecast' is the past tense of 'forecast', again that's just personal preference.

I always hate seeing 'spelt' used instead of 'spelled' by the way, just seems wrong to me although I am aware it is an acceptable variation. I also hate seeing 'forecasted' used, 'forecast' is the past tense of 'forecast', again that's just personal preference.

Using 'spelt', 'burnt', 'learnt', 'spilt', 'dreamt', 'knelt' and others is the more common UK (and, by extension, Australian) English. Substituting the 't' for an 'ed' in these examples is more common US English.

With you on both of those, they just grate.
But, apparently, both are accepted alternatives.

cures-jock-itch-800x800.jpg

I have a spelling checker.
It came with my pea sea.
It plane lee marks four my revue
Miss steaks aye can knot sea.

Eye ran this poem threw it,
Your sure reel glad two no.
Its vary polished in it's weigh.
My checker tolled me sew.

Sew,to rite with care is quite a feet
Of witch won should be proud,
And wee mussed dew the best wee can,
Sew flaw's are knot aloud.

Sauce Unknown

I have a spelling checker.
It came with my pea sea.
It plane lee marks four my revue
Miss steaks aye can knot sea.

Eye ran this poem threw it,
Your sure reel glad two no.
Its vary polished in it's weigh.
My checker tolled me sew.

Sew,to rite with care is quite a feet
Of witch won should be proud,
And wee mussed dew the best wee can,
Sew flaw's are knot aloud.

Sauce Unknown

O so true.
But I don't have this problem on my Mack.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back