Final Curtain Call - Extinct Actors

Remove this Banner Ad

I loved the Two Ronnies. The stories that Ronnie Corbett would relate while getting sidetracked before getting back on track were hilarious. In later years I loved the fact that Corbett didn't get precious about his reputation and would send himself up for a laugh. His work with Ricky Gervais in Extras was a classic. A small aside. I worked with a bloke who use to service Ronnie's Rolls Royce in Edinburgh. Seems he was OK away from the bright lights.

Alan Young will be forever the hapless Wilbur Post in Mr Ed. 96 years of age is a good innings and he had plenty of success along the way. The article I read had a couple of scenes from Mr Ed and it bought back so many wonderful memories. Timeless comedy. I'm hoping that Mr Ed was waiting for him on the other side. So much to catch up on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Recent departures Wilbur Post, the hapless owner of Mr Ed and Lois Lane, from the George Reeves TV version of Superman.

Allan Young - 96. Fair innings.

Noel Neill was 95. She did 7 roles after that Superman series ended and 6 of them were Superman related.

RIP Gene Wilder

giphy.gif

Always loved his work. The crazy hair. The slightly hooked nose. The eyes. The outbursts of anger. Making crazy scenes unbelievably funny. Young Frankenstein is an all time favourite. Plenty of others as well. His relationship with a sheep in Everything you wanted to know about Sex. Who does things like that? A comic genius. RIP Gene.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back