The Swansong - Departed Musicians

Remove this Banner Ad

No doubt you had to be gifted to keep pace with The Beatles. George Martin would respond to questions when the boys thought something was missing. Hence we have the trumpet in 'Penny Lane'. George had the complete confidence of Lennon. Lennon liked two versions of 'Strawberry Fields'. In the end he suggested to Martin that he could mix both into one track despite them being in different keys. We end up with a ******* classic. George was responsible for the long, mesmerising crescendo in a 'Day in the Life'. I've ridden on that note a thousand or more times. And let's not forget. When he first heard The Beatles he decided that Pete Best wasn't a good drummer. Without George, no Ringo Starr. The most underrated drummer of all time.

Give me BB King any day. No makeup, no ladies clothes and hair.

Just music.

Old Black Eyes will be missed. I was looking forward to seeing him at one of the APIA concerts at the Palais. I heard a couple of his songs today and they have stood the test of time. He was a trooper, an all rounder who was adept on the stage, TV or fronting a band. How lucky are we that £10 bought so much?

Terrible news. ELP were the Kings of Prog Rock. So pretentious but I ******* loved it. Emerson was the showman of the band. Performances would see him playing with his Hammond organ while playing it. He'd toss it around, he'd stab it with knives and the fans loved it. Beneath it all he was a seriously good musician. I shall get out my copy of their self titled first album and celebrate the gifted Keith Emerson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
Once in a generation artists? If not, they're pretty damn close.
Not even once in a generation I reckon Harks...just once.

Unparalleled musicianship. Amazing guitarist.Love his three minute face melter at the George Harrison Hall of Fame gig. Takes ownership of the stage at 3.30

No words! :cry: :cry: :cry:

13012598_10153532235505592_316934388525708934_n.jpg

R.I.P Prince Rogers Nelson :cry: :cry: :cry:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back