The Swansong - Departed Musicians

Remove this Banner Ad

^^^

Utter garbage.

They put those 3 albums together (BMF, Super, Upside) with a totally different mindset.

If you want the same album over and over, RHCP & Foo fighters have done it for 20 years.

Playing Superunknown from start to finish atm.........there's nothing to skip.
Nah.

One great, one good, and one tending toward bloated rock posturing.

Seen him at The Palais with my son in December '15. Sadly, and now morbidly ironic, the day Scott Weiland passed away.

Just about the most sexiest man in rock.

Im a dad and that same son is currently battling his own mental demons. This anxiety and depression s**t is all too real, all too close, and all too ****ed up.

RIP Chris Cornell, the sad eternally unanswered question will always remain, why?

Last edited:

I've had this on one of a number of mixed VHS's i made of various live performances for years. I transferred them to DVD before i piffed the old VHS. Still play em a lot. I've always preferred live versions(of any kind, whether studio, small acoustic, indoor, outdoor...whatever) to recorded music.

Great song.

I've had this on one of a number of mixed VHS's i made of various live performances for years. I transferred them to DVD before i piffed the old VHS. Still play em a lot. I've always preferred live versions(of any kind, whether studio, small acoustic, indoor, outdoor...whatever) to recorded music.

Great song.

I was an Audioslave fan, too. He had such a distinctive voice.

And we've lost Greg Allman too...singer and keys man in the Allman Brothers Band. Never got into them as much as I perhaps should of, but can't question the musicianship. They cop the 'Southern Rock' reputation, but love their earlier psychedlia/fusion stuff. They were rocking twin drum, twin lead guitars long before King Gizzard made it cool again 40 years later.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like Lynard Skynard the Allman Brothers was a brief affair. Gregg lived the rock star life and carried on in numerous versions of the band until 2014 however the Allman Brothers were no more after his older brother Duane was killed in a motorcycle accident aged 24. This is an example of the Allman Brothers Band after Duane's death. A catchy, country fused song that reminds me of the Doobie Brothers.

Last edited:

To borrow a phrase, not enough love for Glen Campbell who has passed away aged 81. For all you younguns Glen was popular in the 60s and 70s in the country & western genre. The song I've posted is a soldier's lament while on duty in Vietnam. Still a touching sentiment despite the passage of the year's. I remember listening to this on the trans (when it meant transistor radio). You know before the days of Spotify. You'd then choof off to school (when choof meant going somewhere). Lots of others I liked. Wichita Lineman is a classic Jimmy Webb song sung by lots of people including Glen. I'm not sure about Rhinstone Cowboy. If he had have asked me I would have mentioned retaining his credibility was more important than making a few bucks.

Thanks for the songs Glen. RIP.

Farewell Walter.

Saw them live around 10 years ago.......magnificent.

It was all about the music. So much so that they don't even look like musicians. I love the 'Classic Album' series. As a mere mortal I loved how these guys, sitting at a mixing deck, show their collective genius. I wasn't a great fan of the 'West Coast' groove but I loved Steely Dan and the Doobie Brothers. Sad to see him go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back