Multiplat Deathloop

Remove this Banner Ad

Grab it at that price

tenor.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have finished the game. It might be one of those games that might get tedious doing the exact same stuff all the time and it probably doesn’t have a ton of replay value but it was still a fun experience for what it was.

Just a suggestion, pay attention to your surroundings at the end of the game lol.
I did the Updaam party mission four times and kept exiting through the tunnel system and then wondered why I couldn’t get to Julianna as my 8th visionary even though the party was in Updaam in the evening and exiting through the tunnel would start a new day. I thought I had missed a quest or a piece of information and genuinely thought that you can kill 7 visionaries in one day and Julianna on a new day. But then I had an epiphany that the party is in Updaam and the RAK bunker is also in Updaam, so why not just go straight to the bunker after slaughtering everyone at the party?

I'd bought this before getting my new PC hence the delay, finally played this today, what an absolute blast. I do love stealth games but I'm mixing it up a fair bit. Was frustrated earlier as thought I'd found a secret way through a level so openly killed a bloke, nope not secret 10 peeps straight onto me.

This is Dishonored meets Hades so pretty much my dream combo. Writing is fun so far. Funnily enough Dishonored 1 is among my favourite ever games but I never finished the sequel (levels were great but found the story less gripping).

Having big problems with this on PC with my 3080 and CX.

Only using 6 of 10gb Vram but this row is doing this weird flickering. Game crashed on the first loading screen and for some reason there is no 4k option, only 1080p.

Having big problems with this on PC with my 3080 and CX.

Only using 6 of 10gb Vram but this row is doing this weird flickering. Game crashed on the first loading screen and for some reason there is no 4k option, only 1080p.

I'm trying to get into this again on PC with Game Pass after it not really getting me the first time on PS5. Running a 3080 and performance just generally being weird. I re-enabled Geforce Experience to try and see if there was anything funky going on but I think I needed to restart the game because Geforce simply wasn't hooking into the game to give me any feedback. Can't put my finger on what it was, but it just didn't feel right. Going to go through the application settings in Nvidia menu to force things like Gsync. The graphics options were a bit lacking and was surprised that according the menu in game it was asking for 6.8gb of VRAM. Was yours closer to 6gb than 7gb? Because that would be proof that it's only running at 1080 for you with the CX being a 4K display yet using less memory than my 3440x1440 ultrawide. Mine didn't appear upscaled though. I had upscaling in the video options disabled but also double check that you don't have it enabled and it isn't using DLSS or something. I just assumed since I couldn't choose resolution and disabled upscaling that it defaulted to my native resolution.

I'm trying to get into this again on PC with Game Pass after it not really getting me the first time on PS5. Running a 3080 and performance just generally being weird. I re-enabled Geforce Experience to try and see if there was anything funky going on but I think I needed to restart the game because Geforce simply wasn't hooking into the game to give me any feedback. Can't put my finger on what it was, but it just didn't feel right. Going to go through the application settings in Nvidia menu to force things like Gsync. The graphics options were a bit lacking and was surprised that according the menu in game it was asking for 6.8gb of VRAM. Was yours closer to 6gb than 7gb? Because that would be proof that it's only running at 1080 for you with the CX being a 4K display yet using less memory than my 3440x1440 ultrawide. Mine didn't appear upscaled though. I had upscaling in the video options disabled but also double check that you don't have it enabled and it isn't using DLSS or something. I just assumed since I couldn't choose resolution and disabled upscaling that it defaulted to my native resolution.

I wasn't getting an FPs counter on GeForce but that happens from time to time with other games. Like you I tried tinkering, including vsync settings, but then after I closed it and re-opened it the best display available was only 720p lol. It was pretty closer to 6bg I believe. Tried some tinkering with windows scaling, the cfig files as recommended by a steam post and tested out other games and they were fine. I ended up just uninstalling. I'll reinstall it eventually but for now I guess I'm just gonna leave it. s**t like this just makes me miss simple console gaming sometimes.

Glad I was finally able to play this with the Gamepass release. What a brilliant game. Arkane just don't miss.

A few issues - the enemy AI is garbage, and once you have the Shift and Nexus slabs there's little point using any of the others. Probably a few plot holes in the story if you look into it, but that's almost inevitable with any story involving time travel.

But otherwise an absolute 9/10 game. Arkane are the absolute kings of level design (along with FromSoftware). In a world of repetitive, bland, open world AAA games it's nice to see a developer so carefully craft a series of puzzles and levels to give players a truly rewarding experience. I almost wish that map markers/waypoints were permanently disabled by default in this game, as piecing everything together yourself is so much fun.

Also love the fact that codes are completely randomised for every player so you can't just get all the numbers from a guide and cheese your way through.

Started playing recently, just completed the first day. Enjoying it so far, but it's the sort of game I do one level, then play or do something else, then come back to. The aesthetic is amazing, i love retrofutrism. I do wish I hadn't come across a spoiler about how exactly Colt and Julianna are connected, though.

Started playing recently, just completed the first day. Enjoying it so far, but it's the sort of game I do one level, then play or do something else, then come back to. The aesthetic is amazing, i love retrofutrism. I do wish I hadn't come across a spoiler about how exactly Colt and Julianna are connected, though.
Spoilers suck, but if it helps, I didn't find that reveal to be particularly mind blowing or interesting. The real highlight / surprise of the game for me was seeing how it all came together and how the pieces all worked with each other.

Spoilers suck, but if it helps, I didn't find that reveal to be particularly mind blowing or interesting. The real highlight / surprise of the game for me was seeing how it all came together and how the pieces all worked with each other.

Tbf, the game has been out for over a year (I'm only playing now cos of game pass), so as much as spoilers do suck I can't blame them for being there after all this time. I've figured out enough after the first day though, that the next few days are all about progressively interfering with the visionaries' plans to get them all into the same place for a massacre; I'll try to avoid more spoilers to see if I'm right 😉

Really nice game. I don't feel it all came tgether at the end though. We didn't get to know a whole lot about the visionaries, so the satisfaction of killing them wasn't a huge pay off. Kind of think killcams would be perfect here.

The pacing of the last third was horrendous. It was basically spent in the menu screen, then running out for a code or a kill and back. I died twice on the final mission, then just went to watch the ending on YT.

Levels all a bit samey. Hopefully a sequel makes it feel like different settings.

Gunplay was good, characters were brilliant, powers were amazing, dialogue was A+. Those little vignettes were a nice touch.

I stay away from rogue like but this was not punishing. Great start, hope for a sequel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back