Multiplat Deathloop

Remove this Banner Ad

Really really loving it. Also love invading as julianna. There’s a lot of fun to be had there when you get a good connection

I was going to wait until later in the week until I had more time to give it a solid session, but couldn't resist and put in an hour tonight just to have a look. Still definitely on rails but the writing has been really fun so far. Started off playing mostly stealthily as I'm unsure of the conquences of just running and gunning but I think that will be my next go.

How’s everyone playing this, I feel like Im playing too safe (trying to stealth everyone) which I think makes it feel less fun.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I’m not really that good with Stealth so have just gone guns blazing a bit. The AI isn’t that flash if you hide around a corner so it can spoil it. It’s like a Hollywood movie and 15 people attack 1 or 2 at a time.

Only done the first 2 parts of the loop and died twice already. Haven’t explored much, just got out while I could.

Last edited:
How’s everyone playing this, I feel like Im playing too safe (trying to stealth everyone) which I think makes it feel less fun.

I'm not really big on stealth games which is why I struggled with Dishonored, so in this I think I'm just going to go around guns blazing. I enjoyed my short time with it but I know I'll find stealth slow and tedious after not long.

I'm not really big on stealth games which is why I struggled with Dishonored, so in this I think I'm just going to go around guns blazing. I enjoyed my short time with it but I know I'll find stealth slow and tedious after not long.
I had a pretty big session yesterday and tried both stealth and run and gun - they were pretty much equally effective. Especially when you start getting a few more slabs. I just made sure to take a mental note of where the health was while I was exploring. You can get hit pretty damn hard sometimes.

As an Xbox user.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f495670636b7a58354c3448696d773d3d2d3332323534313336302e313437646266636334376130653035663737353234363737323738322e676966

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else finding the game over complicated? There’s a lot going on.

Tried to play a bit more run and gun tonight but got owned and find sneaking around everyone boring. Also finding it hard to pick enemies out against the background but maybe that’s my shitty eyes…

Love the idea, but not sure this is one for me.

Tried to play a bit more run and gun tonight but got owned and find sneaking around everyone boring. Also finding it hard to pick enemies out against the background but maybe that’s my shitty eyes…

I found nexus slab a huge help with taking down lots quickly. Even during a big fight it’s pretty easy to pop that off and take out 3 at a time

Was finally able to sink some decent time into this. Pretty cool, I'm getting a bit of a Bioshock vibe just from the setting and decor. Also reminds me of Lost with all the massive 60s computers, tech and bunkers. Story isn't the focus, but still really enjoying discovering Colt's backstory and the history of the island, piecing everything together a little at a time. Graphics very 'Arkane', nothing to write home about but they absolutely nail the mood and aesthetic, if occasionally a bit too dark to see what you're doing.

Don't think I've ever really seen game design like it, probably worth playing just to experience it. But at the same time, I occasionally think to myself hang on, is this just a really clever way of only having to build 4 levels lol.

Haven't been game enough to play as Julianna or switch on player invasions yet, still running with the bot option but probably getting confident enough to give it a go soon. Another cool design choice there to allow a bit of multi-player or just completely ignore it if you want to.

Definitely a lot going on, and probably takes a bit longer than most other games before you find the groove, so to speak. I'd stick with it though if you're still wavering, when it clicks its pretty addictive.

Last edited:
had a bit of a session yesterday morning - every time i opened a new level straight to invasion. every time. also im s**t at PVP so when im winning like 1 or 2 out of 5 invasions it started really pissing me off lol. like its a really good aspect of the game but not every 5 minutes.

also super weird but now that its been out a little while it seems everyones opinion has gone down a bit? people complaining about poor gunplay or whatever which i really dont get. as a shooter it feels pretty solid imo

had a bit of a session yesterday morning - every time i opened a new level straight to invasion. every time. also im sh*t at PVP so when im winning like 1 or 2 out of 5 invasions it started really pissing me off lol. like its a really good aspect of the game but not every 5 minutes.

also super weird but now that its been out a little while it seems everyones opinion has gone down a bit? people complaining about poor gunplay or whatever which i really dont get. as a shooter it feels pretty solid imo

Yeah the buzz definitely seems to have dropped off fairly quick. I think those 9 and 10 reviews are a bit much just quietly, solid 7 or 8 for mine.

I wonder if its due to the back half of the game when things get decidedly more linear. Like, for a game that was marketed on its freedom of choice and flexibility, it does become quite 'on rails' in the back half. Yeah you can still approach the levels any way you want with tactics and loadouts etc, but

I was surprised that the visionary locations/kills were all kinda pre set ie. to break the loop, you always have to kill Frank with the fireworks, always have kill Charlie and Fia together in their bunker, Alexis/Wenjie/Egor always at the party etc. I guess it kinda had to be that way to get the game design to work, but still.

had a bit of a session yesterday morning - every time i opened a new level straight to invasion. every time. also im sh*t at PVP so when im winning like 1 or 2 out of 5 invasions it started really pissing me off lol. like its a really good aspect of the game but not every 5 minutes.

I turned off invasions by real players. * that.

Shooting is fine, I just think everything else about the game is average.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back