DeJa Vu

Remove this Banner Ad

Good film.... enjoyed it.

Spoiler warning.

For those that have seen it, at the end, he dies in the explosion under the water, and then the "other" him appears. I thought him dying was a bit of a cop-out. If he lived, then there would have been two of him, and that would have been very, very interesting to see how the rest of the movie played out. Even if the movie just ended with the "two" of him, with us, the audience, having to imagine for ourselves what would happen.

Because he effectively changed history, the "new" Denzel at the end (the living one who had no knowledge of the time travelling) wouldn't have gone back in time himself so there would be two of them stuck together in the same reality.

That would have opened up all sorts of possibilities.

I've seen trailers and this film has DUD written all over it.

It's no dud I can tell you. Reviews have been good and rates a soild 7.0 out of 10 on the famous Internet Movie database.

Anyone who is internet savvy and likes films will tell you that one of the first thing film-makers do is go to http://www.imdb.com to see how the thousands of members of the general public have rated their film, on the biggest movie web-site of them all.

I went and saw it on Thursday night, I thought it was really good. I did wonder how he came back in the end. I thought that after he died they brought him back in the time thing.

I really enjoyed it. Though i did think to myself, Hmmmm, somethings up here, he had gloves on in the house...how are his fingerprints all over the place... Once I saw the ambulance I thought again... so it all came together

If you can just accept that, "yes they have a time machine" then it is a good movie.

I think the whole concept of the time travel thing put a lot of people off and stopped them from enjoying what is actually a decent movie.

It's no dud I can tell you. Reviews have been good and rates a soild 7.0 out of 10 on the famous Internet Movie database.

Anyone who is internet savvy and likes films will tell you that one of the first thing film-makers do is go to http://www.imdb.com to see how the thousands of members of the general public have rated their film, on the biggest movie web-site of them all.

IMDB is not the be all and end all of movie opinions. Does revenge of the sith deserve 7.9/10? It doesn't deserve 5/10 out of ten.

As for deja vu, I thought it was an okay movie, nothing special. If it wasn't for Washington's performance, it would have been a dud. Even if you ignore the time travel notion it's not a movie you just love.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spoiler clarification...

In the first reality, before Denzel is sent back, is it right to assume that another Denzel, from perhaps a different branch was sent to that reality (the ambulance in the bombed shack, "U CAN SAVE HER" etc), but ultimately failed to save the girl and prevent the bombing of the ship, due to a few different (why different, i don't know) plot elements than what we see as the audience at the end of the movie?

I quite liked the movie, story was good, acting great! Denzil Washington and Val Kilmer were terriffic and Bruce Greenwood play a small but great role too. If you havn't seen it yet, then go.

just saw it tongiht on dvd

help me out here:

after denzel dies, and then the other him walks into the scene and starts talking to the girl...and she is like "what if you needed to sell someone something and they wouldnt belive you...yadda yadda" did he realise what she was taling about ?

why did he go..."NO?" and smile...was he sent back again

just saw it tongiht on dvd

help me out here:

after denzel dies, and then the other him walks into the scene and starts talking to the girl...and she is like "what if you needed to sell someone something and they wouldnt belive you...yadda yadda" did he realise what she was taling about ?

why did he go..."NO?" and smile...was he sent back again

He had a feeling that he had heard this before. Like a deja vu.

The fact that Tony Scott directed it was a major warning for me not to spend my money on it.

His last decent film was 9 years ago - Enemy of the State. Has had made several movies (mostly crud) since then and they used EotS for director reference in the Deja Vu trailer.

I enjoyed Enemy of the State??

One of the worst movies I've ever seen.

It is terrible.

Anyone who thinks different is idiotic.

The whole time travel thing is just stupid. No more fitting description.
The ending was predictable and again.... stupid.

I mean c'mon the bit where he's having the car chase on a road today but he's really driving 5 days in the past, while he was taking out other cars, probably killing other people. so, so dumb.

one of the worst movies ever made.

it's dissapointing Denzel Washington would put his name to such a movie.

I thought it was good, but yeah I did find myself thinking, geez this is a bit over the top, but then again it's only a movie?? I guess some people have difficulty letting reality go. I'd say 7/10

Thought it was really craap , Jim Caviezel sucked massively innit infact they all did. I only really liked the start and the boat explosion, thats about it.. :thumbsdown:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back