Delistings and departures...

Remove this Banner Ad

Wirra is definately one of the untradable's. By round 8 last year he was an equal brownlow medal favourite with Buckley, at which point he had 30-odd games under his belt. Now imagine him at 25yrs of age(a players peak apparently) with 100+games experience. Would you prefer him on our side or the oppositions?

Originally posted by daddy_4_eyes
Wirra is definately one of the untradable's. By round 8 last year he was an equal brownlow medal favourite with Buckley, at which point he had 30-odd games under his belt. Now imagine him at 25yrs of age(a players peak apparently) with 100+games experience. Would you prefer him on our side or the oppositions?

I would prefer him on our side, but doesnt he have shin problems?? ie: James Hird

If he's fully recovered then no way should we trade him but if he stays injury prone, then maybe a trade should be looked at

If you havent noticed, we dont need any injuries :rolleyes:

Originally posted by daddy_4_eyes
It was clear from todays game that Wirrpunda and Judgey aren't exactly the best of mates.
One will go

Frodo said:"It was clear from todays game that Wirrpunda and Judgey aren't exactly the best of mates. One will go".

Brad Hardie (hates the Eagles, grudge against Malthouse, deliberately contraversial) has been on the radio saying that Wirra should be traded, so I vote that Judge should go.

Just on wirra, he's going to be the guest speaker at my house chapel service this week. LMAO, he's the only reason I'm going to the damn thing! :D

John Worsfold, Tarkyn Lockyer & Dean Rioli

The following post is by Chad from the official WC site forum. What do you all think?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok - first let me say that I'm not 100% sure if what I'm about to say is going to come true.

But my brother is very, very good friends with Club Physiotherapist Brian Edwards.

Naturally most of their talk centres on football, and recently my brother told me of a few interesting rumours.

First up:

John Worsfold - He's all but signed up. The club was going to stick with Ken for another year but Worsfold is very keen to take on a senior role next season, and the club doesn't want to see him at another club.
Because Woosha isn't keen to order his mates around, the club is trying to persuade guys like Pe.Matera and Milly to retire.

Tarkyn Lockyer - He'll be playing for the Eagles next year. Mick Malthouse wants Wirrapunda, and the Eagles are more than willing to hand over the under-achiever for the pacey and skilful Lockyer.
My brother is very sure about this one. And David is not totally in the dark about the situation, notice that he seems very dispirited lately.

Dean Rioli - Essendon cannot match the salary the Eagles are willing to pay him, however Dean Rioli is apparently only willing to go if he plays in a premiership this year.
The Bombers are very keen on Darren Glass or Travis Gaspar, but the Eagles are reluctant and want to hand over Chad Morrison and a draft pick instead.

This isn't bulldust, my brother has been right about this sort of thing before.
He told me during last year’s finals series that Michael Collica and Aaron Lord would be coming over to the Eagles.
In the end Hawthorn didn't want to give up Lord and instead released Richard Taylor.
That was the main reason Judge took a risk with Mark Merenda.
He wanted a Half Forward Flanker and when the Lord deal fell through he got Merenda instead.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vis

So, in summary,

* we're sacking an experienced coach for an assistant

* our remaining experienced players are going to be forced into retirement

* we're trading wirra for a player of the same type

* we're aiming for another Phil Matera type player

Does anyone else see the same problems that i do??

It seems a possible scenario.

I dont think Woosha would have a problem with Milli. Ther is six years difference so Mili would have been a junior under Woosha's captaincy.

Gaspar and Glass must not be allowed to go.

Wirrpunda is worth more than Lockyear.

A good inexperienced coach is better than a crap experienced one. Judgey even came second to Neesham for the Freo job.

I know one thing for certain, DONT TRADE GLASS OR GASPAR FOR GODS SAKE!! On wirra, im undecided. He is underachieving but that might just be under KJ. :confused:

Originally posted by Frodo

A good inexperienced coach is better than a crap experienced one. Judgey even came second to Neesham for the Freo job.

Never thought of it that way.... could he be that bad??? :rolleyes:

There seem to be a few players that have suffered under KJ, these include Cummings, Wirra,(this year) Metro and White(last year)

Wirra will not be traded. He signed a new 3yr contract at the end of 2000 and this season has been named our vice-captain. Earlier in the year he said he would like to finish his career with the eagles.

Anyone still believe he is getting traded? I know i don't.

I'm a sceptical person, i don't believe these people who's uncle's friends grandma's neighbour went to school with the eagles janitor and knows such inside info that not even the eagles are aware of it themselves.

I won't believe it until i see it.

Aaron Lord

Originally posted by Visro

In the end Hawthorn didn't want to give up Lord

Hahahahaha, well that just destroyed the credibility of this post :)

I don't think I've ever heard a Hawks fan say one nice thing about Aaron Lord. Take a look at the Hawthorn board and notice his name cropping up repeatedly in their delisting thread...

Wirrpunda!!!!!!!!!!!!

The more I look at it the more I think he will be traded if KJ is coach.

He was moved out of the back pocket where his rebound has been good. Okay at first it was because Fido was out but even when Fido returned Wirra was not in defence. Yesterday he was benched rather than put in a back pocket.

It seems to me that KJ is sorting out next years defence. And Harding will be in there bit not Wirra.

There is friction between Wirra and KJ plus Wirra has dropped his head. There must be reasons and I think it is that KJ wants to trade him.

At the beginning of the season Wirra was seen as a player for our future. Now I think KJ does not believe so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

David Wirrapunda has always struck me as having excellent character, even when things weren't going well so it was disappointing and surprising to see the Richmond game. I wouldn't like to see him go as we have invested so much in him. So it would have to be a very good trade indeed and I wouldn't say Lockyer was that good.

I think Woosha will come in for Judge at the end of the season and I also think Woosha is smart enough to have a veto over all playing decisions for next year. So no need to panic yet!

Look, it seems to me that all our problems are stemming from Judge. I think i have a solution, get rid of Judge. Im no fan of his but i though he has done some good things and a few good drafting moves and trades so i was willing to let him see out his contract and then get a new coach but after all these rumors i think it time for him to go.

If there was a poll for Eagles fans : Who would you rather see at West Coast next year. Judge or Wirrpunda. I think Judge would honestly not get a vote. If it does come down to Wirrpunda or Judge im sure Judge will go as i am pretty sure the Hierachy of the WCE football club understand the importance of Wirrpunda.

The Whoosha not wanting to boss around his mates so the club is coaxing Matera and Milli into retirement.......have you ever heard such absolute crap in your entire life. Whoosha bossed them round for years on the field as our fearless leader. McIntosh and Matera are professionals, as is Worsfold. Im sure if he does come to coach us, nobody will have a problem with that.

Lockyer or Wirrpunda is a no brainer!

The Rioli rumor is the only one with any sort of substance, we know we can offer more money than Essendon but the question is does he want to come here and do we actually want him?

Jod 23 said:
The Rioli rumor is the only one with any sort of substance, we know we can offer more money than Essendon but the question is does he want to come here and do we actually want him?

We can afford him, we can cheat the salary cap just like those Essendon cheats....:)

I dont think we really need Rioli, I am beginning to think we only recruit WA players because they are WA players. I think we slow down and have a look at some of the other states too instead of bringing home WA players who may not be fit, match fit, have the right attitudes at other clubs.

With Wirra, I hope he stays, I think he has the wrong coach teaching him. If MM was still at WCE, I think Wirra would be up there with Cuz now and there would be no complaints.

Nothing against KJ, I just think he is not the man for the job with the players we have, I dont think he brings out the best in players

Well, Wirra was the guest speaker at my house (mofflin) chapel service last night. Talked briefly on football and it sounds like he isn't enjoying it much at the moment.

Ok, briefly

First six years was raised up north with father
Then moved to melb to be with his mother
found it very difficult to be accepted by "white" children
HATED SPORT!! :eek:
First sport played, netball! :eek: (said it didn't help him fit in much more either :D )
then played tennis and other sports
Finally stumbled upon footy and the only way he improved was trying to beat a girl who was very good. Got through hs by trying to beat other people. Football was not his #1 priority at the moment, he appeared disatisfied with footy. then played the didgeredoo (sp?). There ya have it basically!

Vis

This discussion about Wirra concerns me greatly. Not the fact that he may be traded but his attitude.

Anyone in a leadership or managment role needs to be able to get the best out of the resources available. No different with an AFL list. You cannot suddenly go outside the list for players. So you need to develop them and motivate them to get the most out of them.

This may be wher KJ is failing and the Board is aware of it. There has been a big difference between Wirras very best and his worst. I know injury and experience play a factor.

If we have an unhappy squad with no direction we are in trouble.

On Saturday KJ certainly looked a man under a great deal of pressure and running out of answers.

I am a KJ and Wirra fan. But I am very worried to read your posts.

Thanks Visro

GO EAGLES!

KJ came in to rebuild the squad, to what extend he has been successful is debatable. I don't know if in 2yrs he can be credited/blamed for the current state of the squad, whether you see it as good or not.

But ignoring onfield results and player development, i think KJ is a bad influence on the squad. Too often we see disinterested players running around, players wanting to swap clubs, and absolutely no pride in what they are doing.

Why on earth Mitch White was let go after being probably our best CHF ever, is beyond me. Under MM this would never have occured. Under MM I never heard of disharmony within the team, there were never discipline problems both on and off the field. Under MM players never asked to be traded, but rather asked not to be.

We may not be able to determine how good or bad KJ has been in terms of the strength of our list(rebuilding process), but he certainly has to be credited with the bad mentality at the club.

Someone once said, football is 10% physical, 90% mental.(or somewhere along those lines, with football probably relating to soccer). But you all get the drift. KJ will not be able to change the playing ability and strength of our list in the last year of his contract(2002), but a different coach could certainly change their mental state in that same period of one year.

I like KJ, he sounds like a nice bloke(in the papers that is). But I support the eagles, and will not accept mediocrity as success. I want a new coach, ASAP!

Well i dont hate Judge either but i want to win and i dont think Judge is helping us with that. He seems like a nice guy and given the right setup im sure he's a decent coach, just not the coach for the WCE's.

On another note has Ben Cousins flourished under Judge or just on his own accord?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back