Certified Legendary Thread Delusional Pearlers IV

Remove this Banner Ad

What happens if North bid on Davey at 4?
I know theyā€™re not saying this will happen, but the idea that youā€™d post this as a ā€˜watch ya gonna do about itā€™ is ridiculous.

North board is active today

The only facts we have are the sms messages. He sounds like a deuce bag. No doubt about it.

But the rest of it is the sort dramatised bullshit that teens play out. One of them says they will be traumatised forever. How do they know they will be traumatised forever? Itā€™s an odd and overly provocative statement. Why is she traumatised to this degree? The thrown lamp? Thereā€™s no reference to physical injuries.

It was probably one woman but you know the media usually exaggerates things.

This smell like BS.... I could be way off. I guess I'm just hoping Tarryn is that bad of a guy?
No doubt he was in a toxic relationship and his head hasn't been screwed on right. I'm thinking he unfortunately snared himself an Amber Heard.

Yep, I don't trust the accusers and least of all the main stream media. I want this heard in front of a court before I pass judgement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure this comes under Delusional Pearlers :moustache::moustache::moustache:

New book aims to change the start date of the AFL to include VFA​

The AFLā€™s historical landscape is up for debate on the back of a book which is pushing for the league start date to be an earlier year.

The 2023 AFL season is just around the corner and what better way to get the new season started than with some healthy debate.
A new book is aiming to completely rewrite the history books of the AFL and it wonā€™t sit well with Essendon fans.

Colin Carterā€™s book ā€˜Football Forgotten Yearsā€™ is set to generate plenty of debate as he pushes for the VFL/AFLā€™s start date to be altered.

Currently the record books for the VFL/AFL start in 1897, Carter however says the official year should be 1870 which changes a major sticking point for fans.

Carter was a former commissioner and Geelong President who is aiming to include the Victorian Football Association years before eight clubs broke away and formed the VFL.

The book would make a drastic change to one of the biggest sticking points in arguments among footy fans, who has won the most premierships.

As it currently sits Carlton and Essendon share top spot on the table with 16 premierships each, Collingwood are only one behind.

If the starting date changes however, Carlton would fully own bragging rights and sit well clear on top with 22 premierships.

Essendon would increase but sit two behind on 20 overall. And with their current finals drought the gap wouldnā€™t be shrinking anytime soon.

Geelong would surpass Collingwood into third place overall, jumping up to 17 premierships with the Pies sitting level with Melbourne on 16.

Weā€™re number one. (Photo by Michael Willson/AFL Photos via Getty Images)

AFL boss Gillon McLachlan said the book launch was a heavy night, but said the topic would for sure open up the debate.

ā€œI am not here today to confirm Colinā€™s thesis ā€¦ but nor am I here to dispute his conclusions,ā€ McLachlan said at the launch.

ā€œThatā€™s for our historians, our clubs to examine closely and no doubt expand the debate.ā€

Carter argues the only reason the date hasnā€™t changed is due to bitter politics between the leagues.

Since the 1920s the AFL has called the start date of the league 1897, Carter says that date is wrong and needs to be amended.

Oh god please no. (Photo by Dylan Burns/AFL Photos via Getty Images)

Essendon fans wonā€™t be on-board for the change of start date with the club desperately clinging to their spot on top of the premiership pile.

Bombers fans havenā€™t tasted finals glory since September 4, 2004 when they defeated Melbourne by five points at the MCG.

A whopping 6,724 days have passed since that last September success. A time frame which has included six elimination finals losses.

Changing the record books to include the missing 27-years of the VFA would only add to their pain and give Carlton fans the upper hand.

Pretty sure this comes under Delusional Pearlers :moustache::moustache::moustache:

The AFLā€™s historical landscape is up for debate on the back of a book which is pushing for the league start date to be an earlier year.

The 2023 AFL season is just around the corner and what better way to get the new season started than with some healthy debate.
A new book is aiming to completely rewrite the history books of the AFL and it wonā€™t sit well with Essendon fans.

Colin Carterā€™s book ā€˜Football Forgotten Yearsā€™ is set to generate plenty of debate as he pushes for the VFL/AFLā€™s start date to be altered.

Currently the record books for the VFL/AFL start in 1897, Carter however says the official year should be 1870 which changes a major sticking point for fans.

Carter was a former commissioner and Geelong President who is aiming to include the Victorian Football Association years before eight clubs broke away and formed the VFL.

The book would make a drastic change to one of the biggest sticking points in arguments among footy fans, who has won the most premierships.

As it currently sits Carlton and Essendon share top spot on the table with 16 premierships each, Collingwood are only one behind.

If the starting date changes however, Carlton would fully own bragging rights and sit well clear on top with 22 premierships.

Essendon would increase but sit two behind on 20 overall. And with their current finals drought the gap wouldnā€™t be shrinking anytime soon.

Geelong would surpass Collingwood into third place overall, jumping up to 17 premierships with the Pies sitting level with Melbourne on 16.

Weā€™re number one. (Photo by Michael Willson/AFL Photos via Getty Images)

AFL boss Gillon McLachlan said the book launch was a heavy night, but said the topic would for sure open up the debate.

ā€œI am not here today to confirm Colinā€™s thesis ā€¦ but nor am I here to dispute his conclusions,ā€ McLachlan said at the launch.

ā€œThatā€™s for our historians, our clubs to examine closely and no doubt expand the debate.ā€

Carter argues the only reason the date hasnā€™t changed is due to bitter politics between the leagues.

Since the 1920s the AFL has called the start date of the league 1897, Carter says that date is wrong and needs to be amended.

Essendon fans wonā€™t be on-board for the change of start date with the club desperately clinging to their spot on top of the premiership pile.

Bombers fans havenā€™t tasted finals glory since September 4, 2004 when they defeated Melbourne by five points at the MCG.

A whopping 6,724 days have passed since that last September success. A time frame which has included six elimination finals losses.

Changing the record books to include the missing 27-years of the VFA would only add to their pain and give Carlton fans the upper hand.
My view is more along the lines of listing them in the comps won. So we would be 2 AFL 14 VFL 4 VFA.

I don't mind it.
AFL's history goes back to it's 1858-60 origins. Seems we don't acknowledge any of that period.
If AFL's game can evolve in the way it's played over the last 30 years surely we can have room to accommodate 37 years of missing history.

Yeah kind of weird we just celebrated 150 years but want the official records to start in 1897.

I donā€™t mind temporarily conceding two flags to Carlton. Puts us further ahead of Hawthorn etc and we will get those two back on the Blues by 2030 šŸ˜‰.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back