FTA-TV Dexter Season 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Dexter is still my favourite tv series, so im definitely hanging out for the new season/s.

Just on Debra....

Her aggressive personality is probably due to her dad not being there for her, not affectionate, devoting himself to and doting on Dexter instead.

She probably has a little resentment to Dexter for this, not even blood relative with her dad, but more toward her dad. Dads and their daughters usually have a special bond, of doting, their little princess, she probably saw other dads doting on their daughters as well.

So in the end she turned out to be very defensive, aggressive, and feeling like she needs to prove herself constantly especially in a male-dominated world like police work. She always snaps and is almost depressed too whenever her peers or superiors don't take her seriously, or ignore her observations/suggestions.

Notice her personality has also over-compensated where she has become more masculine than males almost, cussing so much, how she sits, etc. Become boyish at some point in her teens as tho being a boy might make her dad notice her more, take her hunting too, etc, as well as fighting for validity as an adult in that male-driven line of work.

Lastly, just as a character on a TV show, I loved the way the actress portrayed Debra this way. A very memorable character for being such a foul-mouthed, ballsy, and aggressive woman, including how passionate and forward she was in romantic relationships.

Also, why so many guys fell for her tho she wasnt necessarily hot or had a sexy figure.

I guess maybe because she isn't a petal, she'll say yes, even forward about it. Also, despite her rough exterior, there is something attractive about her spirit, a depth, a wounded person who has a big heart and loyal, so Quinn and others who fell for her saw that in her. It was shown a lot in the show actually, the guys who ended up falling for her at first were enchanted by her rough exterior, made mention of it, made them smile how unique she was. Their curiosity piqued to get to know her more, and once they did, saw that deeper side to her (including her voracious sexual appetite), they fell harder for her.

Clancy Brown was a great villain in 'Highlander' as the Kurgen.
So I'll be interested to see how this plays out.

I didn't hate the ending of 'Dexter' as much as some, but the series
sure fell away in quality. I hope the people involved realize where
they went wrong originally.

I get why people start to question the quality of a series declining over time and I agree the last few series of dexter weren’t great. On the subject of actual endings though I don’t get why people feel entitled to a certain ending or whatever. I still don’t get at all the angst about the end of GoT. The whole point of that show was built around twists and turns and things happening that were neither happy, satisfying or expected.

I don’t really see what was so bad about it. Two major players who only wanted to do the right thing for so long, one of them who’s life was beset by tragedy at every turn who managed to survive all that and stay ‘good’ the other who basically had the power to do anything she wanted wasn’t able to overcome the external factors that would eventually drive her mad.

I get why people start to question the quality of a series declining over time and I agree the last few series of dexter weren’t great. On the subject of actual endings though I don’t get why people feel entitled to a certain ending or whatever. I still don’t get at all the angst about the end of GoT. The whole point of that show was built around twists and turns and things happening that were neither happy, satisfying or expected.

I don’t really see what was so bad about it. Two major players who only wanted to do the right thing for so long, one of them who’s life was beset by tragedy at every turn who managed to survive all that and stay ‘good’ the other who basically had the power to do anything she wanted wasn’t able to overcome the external factors that would eventually drive her mad.
Season 8 of GoT is indefensible. It’s not even the ending itself, some of the places they took it to were fine (some, not all), but how they got there was rushed and frankly embarrassing. The writing in particular was simply putrid.

jAImE: i nEVeR rEalLy CareD abOUt ThE pEOple

The Dexter ending had more merit than that of GoT, and that’s saying something.

Last edited:
It's incredibly hard to end such a big show well, everyone has troubles, some are odd, some good and some are just awful.

I maintain Mad Men had a perfect ending.

It's incredibly hard to end such a big show well, everyone has troubles, some are odd, some good and some are just awful.

I maintain Mad Men had a perfect ending.
Yes... but it also takes talent to come up with an ending as bad as Dexter's. That takes real effort. It's not mediocre - it's spectacular in its awfulness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Presumably he emerges from his exile and starts connecting with people. It’s not a huge leap of logic to bring them together.
wasn't the blond chick taking him to South America where he could never be found?

Its pretty ******* unlikely especially since he faked his death.

But then again it's just a tv show so I should get so concerned about it!

Makes sense....harrison finds his dad, or dad finds his son after learning he has dark passenger tendencies at a young age, and wants to mentor him....thus creating a new spinoff series...."Harrison"
Only if his nemesis is the dreaded Treadmill.

Wow you don’t understand poor quality writing. It’s not about being upset about what happened Or didn’t happen. It’s being upset about the poor quality of it. the plot Holes. The irrationality of characters behaviours. Poor dialogue. Predictable twists. There are objective reasons why some shows are good and some are crap. It’s not all random subjectiveness. And if an Objectively good show turns to be objectively crap then people have a right to be disappointed.

Wow you don’t understand poor quality writing. It’s not about being upset about what happened Or didn’t happen. It’s being upset about the poor quality of it. the plot Holes. The irrationality of characters behaviours. Poor dialogue. Predictable twists. There are objective reasons why some shows are good and some are crap. It’s not all random subjectiveness. And if an Objectively good show turns to be objectively crap then people have a right to be disappointed.

Right so all the people on social media etc that my post was mostly related to who simply didn’t like the way a show finished were upset about the quality of dialogue and writing but disguised it by saying they simply didn’t like how the story ended.

The quality of writing or what you think about the predictability of it is subjective. Having a moan about the story itself seems a bit entitled considering it’s a work of fiction that the writer can end any way he chooses

Remember quitting around season 6 and the internet saying everyone hated the series finale. Which, if true, makes me wonder who is the target audience for a revival.
Probably the people that loved seasons 1-4, whether they hung around or not. A bid to redeem it; they’ll do a quick recap for those that bailed between seasons 5 and 8 (very quick, they don’t want people to think about it too much).

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back