Diet, Supplements and Enhancers - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really like carbs, if I could I'd have only around 50g a day

During the hotter days after new years I was only having carbs from fruit and veg and felt awesome. My parents friend then said to me 'have fun with stomach problems and constipation without carbs'

Btw I'm on my very slow phone do can't check, did anyone get anything good out of swole.me? Took me a while to plan out a new diet cos it kept giving me s**t like 2 cups of avocado and 12 eggs a day.

They can take our freedom but they will never take our carbs!

kiddie cereal + white rice + yogurt + ice cream + protein oats hrrrrnnng who says carbs aren't essential :D

Did anyone see the documentary on sleep on sbs tonight. They featured a drug called modafinil, they spoke to a man who regularly took it to stay awake and work 100 hours a week. Needless to say he was an absolute mute and had no personality. He would only need the odd 20 minute nap whilst regularly taking the drug. It had very little short term sides on the guy they were interviewing and did not affect reaction times if the subject had not slept for say 20 hours. However the host broke out in a rash 48 hours after taking the drug.

Yeah, I watched it. Really interesting, wasn't it.

I've read in a number of reputable books on hypertrophy indications that the body doesn't make sufficient important elements for growth such as HGH and testosterone unless one gets a good amount of sleep ie 7-8 hours. In fact I vaguely remember one saying you have to get a goodly amount of REM sleep in particular.

I was disappointed they didn't discuss that at all.

gotta say that the guy who can stay up for 11 days straight didn't look in the best of nick. Did you notice how feeble his body was? No muscle at all. Granted there are lots of geeks shaped like him who get lots of sleep but it did make me think that he can't be helping his body composition only sleeping 2 hours /night over the long term.

Having said that, the guy on Mondafil looked remarkable healthy , really. What a life though, imagine doing graphic design 100 hours /week . He literally works 2days/ day. Crazy, but intruiging.

Peanut butter and Toast have high cals, some decent fat, pretty high in protein considering what your having and very easy to eat. Great for an energy burst when on a bulk before a gym sesh.

IMO when your bulking, eat what you like besides take away. Make sure you hit your protein macros which for me on a bulk would be 240-250 and make sure you hit up around 3000 cals a day depending on weight/size already. If you do this with 4 gym sessions a week than i cant see you failing to get heavier/bulkier.

Peanut butter and Toast have high cals, some decent fat, pretty high in protein considering what your having and very easy to eat. Great for an energy burst when on a bulk before a gym sesh.

IMO when your bulking, eat what you like besides take away. Make sure you hit your protein macros which for me on a bulk would be 240-250 and make sure you hit up around 3000 cals a day depending on weight/size already. If you do this with 4 gym sessions a week than i cant see you failing to get heavier/bulkier.

Bro science bro...

Most of people around here eating 3000 cals daily will be putting on a fair amount of fat, everyone needs to work out their own needs instead of listening to some dude on the interwebz!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To gain a couple of kilo's (preferably mostly muscle and not fat) over the next couple of months, how important is eating on days when you are not training with weights?
Currently i'm going to the gym 3-4 dpw, doing 2x whole body workouts and then a session on chest, should, tri's and one on back, bi's (legs on whole body days), and can see the sense in trying to get a surplus of calories in on those days but i am not sure whether i have to be eating at a surplus on days off to gain more muscle (fwiw too i have been going to the gym for about 5 years and eat extremely healthy even when trying to overeat).

Also the reason for the extra weight is related to footy as i think i need to be a bit bigger, stronger but hopefully not any slower.

Well you need to eat at an excess or at the very least maintenance every day.

Technically you don't need as much food on non training days, but really that's when your muscles need the most nutrients to repair. I tend to eat around 2-300 cals less on non training days than training days. Not a huge difference but enough not to gain fat instead in of muscle.

Yeah, you grow at rest so rest days you should still be hitting calorie surplus.

There is merit in the idea of eating less though but its less aimed at non training days and more aimed at a cycle type scenario. For example: eating high cals one day and low the next etc. regardless of whether you're training or not. I've only done some research into that though so can't expand far.

Give it a go and try out though, trial and error is the best thing for this.

my diet has gone to s**t, i simply just have no appetite. between 8:30am and 6:00pm all i ate was a bowl of tuna/lentils and a banana. after that i had no urge to eat at all

feels really bad to be honest, went from eating like a champ to picking at my food, considering getting something to increase my appetite but don't know of anything. can anyone help me out pls?

So what was my shitty advice?

Weights, Protein and plenty of food. Try keep away from the carbs. I think without eating to much and gaining to much more fat you could gradually gain 2-4kg of muscle over 2 months before the footy season actually kicks off.

Here are a few I found in just 3 minutes.....Guys have already told you why those advice you gave are shitty.

The funny factor is multiplied by the fact that you don't have the basics of nutrition down (as shown below) yet you think taking clen is a good idea.

When having eggs should I only having egg whites on a cut or doesn't really matter?

I say this because i had a look at normal eggs and they carry quite a bit of fat and my philosophy goes against having to much fat even though i understand you need some on a cut. I just try to limit it as much as possible, although i know eggs come with the good fat.

So normal eggs per serve (2 eggs) have like 11g protein, 9g fat (the ones i bought yday)

Whilst the egg whites serve which is about double that of the 2 eggs contain 24-25g protein and nil fat. So i assumed all the fat comes from the yellow oak.

So on a cut would people recommend just egg whites, i first found interest in this buy looking at a PT diet plan for some lady at the gym and he said eggs (but only egg whites). Didnt know eggs carried so much fat.

Like I said, no one wants to stop you from giving your opinion, just don't get upset when you get called out.

Think of it as a learning experience, bro.

Edit. I have nothing against you by the way lol, I am only doing this because you specifically asked for it.

my diet has gone to s**t, i simply just have no appetite. between 8:30am and 6:00pm all i ate was a bowl of tuna/lentils and a banana. after that i had no urge to eat at all

feels really bad to be honest, went from eating like a champ to picking at my food, considering getting something to increase my appetite but don't know of anything. can anyone help me out pls?
Go see a doctor mate.

Here are a few I found in just 3 minutes.....Guys have already told you why those advice you gave are shitty.

The funny factor is multiplied by the fact that you don't have the basics of nutrition down (as shown below) yet you think taking clen is a good idea.

Like I said, no one wants to stop you from giving your opinion, just don't get upset when you get called out.

Think of it as a learning experience, bro.

Edit. I have nothing against you by the way lol, I am only doing this because you specifically asked for it.

You can post my advice, but you are still yet to answer my question why is it shitty? the others are yet to tell me anything other than "it is shitty advice"

Bulking: Increase calories, increase weights, decrease cardio. Hit your protein levels. At least 2x your body weight if not even more like 3x. Take a protein supp like BN WPC if your struggling to get the macros up.

Cutting: Increase Cardio, Decrease calories, decrease fats (mainly bad fats). Some with avocado, eggs is okay still i try to limit this. At the end of the day i dont want to be fat and eating 8 eggs a day will give you too much fat IMO plus all the other s**t ppl eat in a day. Limit carbs, if you want that extra 5% help take a fat burning supplement like Oxy Elite ect (I know you guys will cry wolf that this is bad advice, that last bit, but get over your ego). Change from WPC to WPI (less fat and carbs involved, more protein). Still keep going to the gym the same if not more, more muscle means more energy used at rest means more energy/fat burnt.

Anything wrong with the above? Some i have learnt from this board, but mainly knew this stuff a long time ago, sure i have missed things but if i had 2 minutes that's what i would write fro someone.

^

Unless the food has some sort of special thermogenic# property (like green tea extract) than you don't need to really worry too much about what you're eating. A calorie is a calorie. You can cut effectively if you only run at a calorie defecit (although your best bet is to start by decreasing carbs, so that you're always assured of getting enough essential aminos and essential fats)*. Having said that, 8 eggs a day in a cut is fine, heck 12 is okay too. All the extra fat doesn't mean anything other than that your daily calories jump higher, quicker (being that a gram of fat has 9 calories).

WakeUpTaz can explain that better than I but that's it in Layman's terms.

Other than that yeah, what you've said is okay. It's very vague though.

* It was somewhere on this board where I read a nice little quote, I forget who and where and it was information I knew but hadn't pieced it together as nicely before. Anyway it was something like this: "There's such thing as essential aminos (proteins) and there's such thing as essential fats but there is no such thing as essential carbs. It is possible to live without carbs."

Although you'd want some fibre in your diet and that is most abundant in high carb food, like seeds and grains (I think???)

Blah blah blah, to be honest Keystone, I admire that you post here and try and learn as much as possible and I don't appreciate people knocking you when you're clearly having a go but a lot of this stuff we're talking about has been said page after page. It's pretty simple stuff, just do your reading, take notes if you like and learn it so it's second nature. When something doesn't add up in your head, question it or research it.

#Thermogenic isn't the word I'm after, is it...

You can post my advice, but you are still yet to answer my question why is it shitty? the others are yet to tell me anything other than "it is shitty advice"

Bulking: Increase calories, increase weights, decrease cardio - lulwut, do all the cardio you want as long as you end up in a calorie surplus . Hit your protein levels. At least 2x your body weight if not even more like 3x - Longterm research (1 year) fails to show anything benefit for weight lifters beyond 2.2g/kg BW of protein, although I do like the more is better approach, better safe than sorry right? - but still no need to go up to 3x, protein needs DECREASES during a calorie surplus. Take a protein supp like BN WPC if your struggling to get the macros up.

Cutting: Increase Cardio Only if necessary, cardio is only a tool to create a calorie deficit, Decrease calories, decrease fats (mainly bad fats) Some with avocado, eggs is okay still i try to limit this. At the end of the day i dont want to be fat and eating 8 eggs a day will give you too much fat IMO plus all the other s**t ppl eat in a day. What the **** is a bad fat? And you are already telling people to limit calories, are you implying fat makes you fat under a calorie deficit?

Limit carbs, Again you are already telling people to cut calories so it is implied, CHO do not make you fat if you are in a calorie deficit. Basically, cut calories fat and cho, yay boi only eat proteinsif you want that extra 5% help take a fat burning supplement like Oxy Elite ect (I know you guys will cry wolf that this is bad advice, that last bit, but get over your ego). waste money! great advice! Change from WPC to WPI (less fat and carbs involved, more protein) - again unnecessary if you count macros/calories. Still keep going to the gym the same if not more, more muscle means more energy used at rest means more energy/fat burnt.

Anything wrong with the above? Some i have learnt from this board, but mainly knew this stuff a long time ago, sure i have missed things but if i had 2 minutes that's what i would write fro someone.

@ Your other advice is just absurd,

"Weights, Protein and plenty of food. Try keep away from the carbs. I think without eating to much and gaining to much more fat you could gradually gain 2-4kg of muscle over 2 months before the footy season actually kicks off."

2-4kg of muscle over 2 month? the majority of natural athletes (minus overfat newbs) will be lucky to gain 0.8kg of muscle a month, the rest is going to be excess fat.

Kid wants to gain weight while playing football, yet you tell him to keep away from CHO to limit fat gains, da ***?

Honestly I recall Pez, Whomb & cfol etc etc have already covered why this part of your advice is s**t, but you don't seem to want to acknowledge it?

This just makes zero sense, however I will create an argument for you...
I guess you can try arguing by saying that chronic CHO overconsumption under hypercaloric conditions can lead to chronic insulin elevations which may inhibit lipolysis by activating PP2 and phosphodiesterase, which can and will dephosphorylate HSL and degrade cAMP causing deactivation of protein kinase A. And when HSL is not active, hydrolysis of triglycerides will not occur and no glycerol and free fatty acids will be available for oxidation. However you would still be wrong because lipolysis is simply the mobilization of fatty acids, not the actual oxidation or degradation into acetyl units. So any fatty acids that are bound to serum album will still be oxidized, but not mobilized. Beta oxidation, TCA and electron transport will still occur – which is the actual usage of the substrate.

I can create a similarly ridiculous argument against fats AND PROTEIN (srsly what do you think happens to the carbon skeletal after deamination??), but I wont bore you, what I am getting at is this:

TLDR = It is still calories in vs. calories out, irrational fear of anything not named protein is irrational

So now you have a couple of options, either
A) Take some units of biochemsitry, physiology, nutrition and endocrinology at uni then resume debating with me

OR

B) Trust me when I say the advice you gave is s**t, and accept this and try to improve on the quality of advice you give by reading what other posters are saying

A or B is fine with me, either way you learn something.

/rant

feelsgoodman

Think time to start reverse dieting, i am more irritable than normal lol

Edit. not even going to bother responding to the 3000 calorie advice, Pez already told you what was wrong with it.

And so did Ricky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back