Dimma's Suns to finish higher than Richlolmond (A.K.A Richmond Vs Everyone Else Shitfight 2024)

Who finishes higher on the ladder?

• Gold Coast

Votes: 17 77.3%
  • Richmond

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You mean why did Richmond stand on it's own 2 feet rather than having their hand out to the AFL or the tax payer, or being reliant on favourable filtering to boost sponsorship? No. None of that for Richmond. Our own members and supporters dug us out of our hole :thumbsu:
No wonder you're so jealous. It's totally understandable. But why not be inspired instead of triggered?
My sincere apologies. This story of bravery and resilience is unmatched and I retract all previous slander

You mean why did Richmond stand on it's own 2 feet rather than having their hand out to the AFL

The AFL would have told you to GAGF 😂

Gotta love the continued revisionism that it was only Richmond fans who put money in the tins, when the reality is that without the donations of Melbourne oppo supporters you wouldn’t be here today :$

Gotta love the continued revisionism that it was only Richmond fans who put money in the tins, when the reality is that without the donations of Melbourne oppo supporters you wouldn’t be here today :$
I agree that 5c was a lot of money for you back then, and every little bit helped :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Put plenty of gold coins in as did many other people, not because we liked Richmond but to say up yours to the AFL

We saved your ingrate skins and you thanked us by being s**t for 27 years. Money well spent

I call bollocks that you donated money to Richmond.

I was hoping they would fold even back then (I was 13)

I honestly believe footy (and society) if the Tigers were allowed to go extinct in 1993 and Fitzroy ended up surviving.

Nah not really

I do wish Fitzroy survived and F***g useless Freo never came into the comp.

Just another St Kilda of the Sandgroper variety

I say this as my expert opinion (lol, like anyone cares what I think, particularly when hammered drunk and leaving a Death Metal gig), GCS will make finals in 2024, Richmond, Geelong, and my beloved Hawfies will not. FurTheWin put me on the Flogstradamus board (reasonably safe bet though).
Righty ho
Suns Finals 24: 100 pts
🐯🦜😺 all to miss Finals: also 100 pts

You're right I recall supporters of all clubs helping out to save the greatest club in the competition, we are one of the few clubs that all other clubs were willing to save and unlike all the other clubs that were heading towards bankruptcy at the time, including Collingwood, we actually did something to save ourselves.

Seems some at the VFL/AFL knew there was only one way to get the crowds back.

"A public lottery to support the VFL was also considered and there was even a view if the VFL could just get Richmond to win more games the crowds would come back."

An unsuccessful Richmond is an unsuccessful AFL.

Back