Food, Drink & Dining Out Discontinued Food Items You Miss

Remove this Banner Ad

Doctor Who, Doc and Marty or Bill and Ted - please take me for a trip back in time to the early 1990s so I can enjoy the Sizzler salad bar, especially the cheese toast and crispy potato skins when this restaurant chain was in its heyday in Australia.

endive. used to love endive in salads, witlof was another vegetable i was always curious about but never bothered to try.

on the other end of the scale, chunky peanut butter kit kats. apparently these are still made in the uk so they do come up for sale at the stores that sell overseas candy.

download-3.jpg

View attachment 1582652

This is the best grocery store bought ice cream I had ever tried, and it’s gone.

Gone for about 2 years I reckon :(

That brand is like that. 3 or 4 good flavours gone over the years. I guess an ingredient just becomes too expensive and they move on to something else. None of their current flavours are worth buying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RU_

Love your passion for ice cream. Im a junkie.

I dont know of its availability where you live but this is a great "grocery" ice cream.

Chocolate-Salted-Caramel-Ice-Cream.jpg

RU_

Love your passion for ice cream. Im a junkie.

I dont know of its availability where you live but this is a great "grocery" ice cream.

Chocolate-Salted-Caramel-Ice-Cream.jpg
I appreciate the thought!

What store do you get this from?

We have a dedicated ice cream draw in our freezer, it’s always stocked for the nightly cream.

GROTTO they were closed because public holiday! Will give the review tomorrow!
Here is the range of Maggie Beer Ice Cream, try what you will enjoy as there is a few flavours that are divine.

Salted Honey, Roasted Almond a favourite too.

Salted Honey and the Caramelised Fig are the two best Maggie Beers icecreams. First class. First class price though.

GROTTO

We are on here. $7.20 a tub and apparently meant to have a membership to shop there but old mate let me through.

View attachment 1595442

Salted Honey and the Caramelised Fig are the two best Maggie Beers icecreams. First class. First class price though.
At those prices and expiry dates, I would have stocked up like some did with toilet paper due to the pandemic, lol.:D

Definitely agree Macca19 its a beautiful flavour. You cant go too wrong with Maggie Beer, great gourmet ice cream. Very different flavour and texture compared to other "supermarket" ice cream. If you appreciate ice cream, you can clearly taste the difference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back