• Yes

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 11 45.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The complete lack of any skeletal evidence says to me no.

When i first saw the title I thought it read "Does Bigfooty exist?" Then instantly to mind was perhaps nothing exists except for some electrical energy and I am a conciousness/unconciousness amongst it, with the whole world as I see and experience it being played out in some weird dream like state. So thanks, I now realise that none of you exist and that the whole world is being played out in my mind - I am now going to train my mind to only see me constantly sleeping with an endless supply of supermodels :D

Damn, I can't seem to make it happen - will someone hit me really hard on the head and see if it'll work that way :rolleyes:

But my name's not Hird, so could not possibly be the case

Last edited:
Most likely not. The Grimlin/Patterson footage is interesting enough, being that if it is a guy in a suit, its a pretty convincing suit for 1967. Also, the 'suit' has never turned up used in the footage which is odd.

My thoughts are the American Bigfoot is the least likely to exist. However the "Yeti" is possibly the most likely to be an outside chance of existing due to it's geographical isolation.

Most likely not. The Grimlin/Patterson footage is interesting enough, being that if it is a guy in a suit, its a pretty convincing suit for 1967. Also, the 'suit' has never turned up used in the footage which is odd.

It's well documented that 'Patty' is a fake. Just google it - many well-cited works. There's even a confession from one of the guys involved. All the bulldust about 'Analysis shows it doesn't walk like a man' etc. True - it walks like a man wearing a badly-fitted, heavy, special-effects monkey suit.

The natural world is so heavily researched these days - there would literally have been thousands of naturalists in those areas over the years - most NOT doing Bigfoot research, but proper, scientific research on the environment. There's great rejoicing when they find a new creature the size of a mouse - and it's generally new because, although it had been under their noses all the time, no one realised it was a new species until they do some DNA test. The chance of a completely new species, unlike any other in the area, is vanishingly small.

If there was credible evidence of a Bigfoot-like creature - sightings, remains, scats, dens etc - they would have been found and documented. Sadly Bigfoot is like UFOs - they are never seen by the experts, but only by the rabid enthusiasts who have limited understanding of what they are REALLY looking for.

I agree, though - it would be fabulous if they WERE confirmed. Just very unlikely..............................

It's well documented that 'Patty' is a fake. Just google it - many well-cited works. There's even a confession from one of the guys involved. All the bulldust about 'Analysis shows it doesn't walk like a man' etc. True - it walks like a man wearing a badly-fitted, heavy, special-effects monkey suit.

The natural world is so heavily researched these days - there would literally have been thousands of naturalists in those areas over the years - most NOT doing Bigfoot research, but proper, scientific research on the environment. There's great rejoicing when they find a new creature the size of a mouse - and it's generally new because, although it had been under their noses all the time, no one realised it was a new species until they do some DNA test. The chance of a completely new species, unlike any other in the area, is vanishingly small.

If there was credible evidence of a Bigfoot-like creature - sightings, remains, scats, dens etc - they would have been found and documented. Sadly Bigfoot is like UFOs - they are never seen by the experts, but only by the rabid enthusiasts who have limited understanding of what they are REALLY looking for.

I agree, though - it would be fabulous if they WERE confirmed. Just very unlikely..............................

Yes, I've researched the patt/gimlin footage a lot online. I just find it interesting how divided most people are when discussing it, theres no proof yet either are telling the truth but. One of these guys are lying...

bigfoot1.jpg

Of course he does!

Scientists have proven that the Patterson-Gilman film is real. It is physically impossible for any person to make the movements that the creature was making in the film.
I've watched about 30 episodes of 'Finding Bigfoot', lots of interesting stories and they do a good job of building suspense and focusing on the human drama.

This is the episode about the Patterson- Gimlin film, with Robert Gimlin, at the spot it was filmed.
The footage is recreated at 13:55

In the second part of the episode they review the Marble Mountain Footage.

Here's a playlist of episodes: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDF2003r7lCPZHp9kikcPSQ/videos

Last edited:
Scientists have proven that the Patterson-Gilman film is real. It is physically impossible for any person to make the movements that the creature was making in the film.
I've watched about 30 episodes of 'Finding Bigfoot', lots of interesting stories and they do a good job of building suspense and focusing on the human drama

Yeah but nah. Scientists say fake, people with tv shows about finding bigfoot say real - shock, horror ensues

Nonsense. It's impossible for humans to make those movements ASSUMING the skin/monkey suit is real and composed of muscles, sinews, tendons etc.

But as soon as you consider that it is just a fake outer covering - ie a monkey suit - it's perfectly understandable.

As regards 'Forensic Analysis' goes they might as well be wearing a wheat sack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the Patterson-Gimlin footage is a fake, it's one of the better hoaxes. It most likely is though, just been well executed. The Marble Mountain footage above is terrible, looks like a person to me. Lack of physical evidence, or any compelling evidence apart from one video that is probably some guy in a gorilla suit, means it's highly unlikely bigfoot exists.

The Marble Mountain footage was uncovered 10 years after the guy who filmed it passed away and it was buried in a box of other video tapes. If he had any suspicions that it was real it would have been rolled out to the media or one of the kids would have mentioned something within those 10 years. It's a prank arranged by a camp councillor on some kids, nothing more.

The Marble Mountain footage was uncovered 10 years after the guy who filmed it passed away

The Marble Mountain footage was reported to the BFRO and the footage viewed by members of the BFRO within a year of the footage being shot.

The Marble Mountain footage was reported to the BFRO and the footage viewed by members of the BFRO within a year of the footage being shot.

Honestly I only did a quick google search and am reciting info from there. Highly possible that I'm wrong.

Honestly I only did a quick google search and am reciting info from there. Highly possible that I'm wrong.

Bigfoot Field Research Organisation (BFRO) report:

Report # 2928(Class A)
Submitted on Wednesday, August 01, 2001.
Eighteen campers find hut; videotape distressed bigfoot walking down mountain ridge(Show Printer-friendly Version)

YEAR: 2000

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: July

DATE: July 2000

STATE: California

COUNTY: Siskiyou County

LOCATION DETAILS: The Sighting Took Place By Marbel Mountain,
In Northern California, Trinity County

July 2000 - Footage Shot
August 2001 - Report Filed
October 5 2001 - Footage inspected and copied by BFRO investigator, images uploaded to BFRO site
2003 - Footage released on BFRO DVD complication.
October 2004 - Thorough reconstruction completed

Full report: http://www.bfro.net/gdb/show_report.asp?id=2928

I will never forgive that tv show which co-oped the term yowie.

It was our own strange myth, it had a duck bill, backwards feet, talon like extremities instead of hands, long as **** arms and it's face was covered by a long matt of hair. They also lived in and around billabongs. And stood taller than a man.

I truly bemoan their association with bigfoot.
Wasn't that a Bunyip? (At least it was in the 70's when I was a lad)

Some of those American mountain areas are pretty well unexplored

In my early 20's I lived in the Pacific North West for a time, in a rural area that had a touch of Deliverance about it. Anyhow, before I arrived I laughed at the idea of any large hominid surviving undiscovered in the US, but on the drive from Vancouver to Darrington WA, I saw the HUGE areas of unmolested forest and had pause to reconsider,perhaps it was possible. Then one day I had to go to Fort Lewis, just south of Seattle, for a couple of days, left at dawn on day 1, came home around lunchtime 2 days later, and this entire Hill had had one side stripped bare of it's old growth cedar - that convinced me that if a viable population of 6 ft plus animals existed in the area, evidence would have been found.

I remember about 20 years back I knew someone who was adament he had seen one out Strathewen/Kinglake way. Just gave him the slow nod of the head with the 'ok' and changed subject. Bloke was of sane mind and never said anything else along such lines. Didn't believe him obviously.

Back