Does climate change actually matter?

Remove this Banner Ad

Declines from observations in the US, Netherlands, UK and Australia. All of which I posted.
The article about the Australian 'decline' stated this:

no definitive studies have been conducted on the decline in Christmas beetles

So you are intentionally conflating anecdotal observations with scientific studies.

All in order to defend 'climate change'.

This is sad stuff.

The article about the Australian 'decline' stated this:

no definitive studies have been conducted on the decline in Christmas beetles

So you are intentionally conflating anecdotal observations with scientific studies.

All in order to defend 'climate change'.

This is sad stuff.
Why are anecdotal observations insufficient? They are observations, they simply have a larger error bar than a controlled study. You never did say what p-value you needed for something to be considered evidence.

Because it is supposed to be climate science.
You would be shocked what has consisted as science for most of history - Victorian era science, including that developed by Darwin, consisted of little more than anecdotal data. The statistical, peer reviewed data only came in the mid 20th century. Does that invalidate say, Boyles law? No.

A climate change alarmist arguing against the importance of the scientific method.

What a surprise.

:rolleyes:
It is clear you have zero idea about what the scientific method is. There are three requirements for something to be scientific, in order of importance:

1. Experiment/falsifiable observations
2. Parsimony
3. Sanity check aka peer review

That's it.

This goes to a point I made before.

When I was in school in the 80's, we were told that the world would be destroyed by nuclear war, and that the U.S.A. and Russia would fire weapons at each other, and the world would be turned in radioactive mush.

Yet it didn't happen. And we have never heard of it since.
Probably because they haven’t read Eric Schlosser’s chilling history of nuclear weapons safety “Command and Control” or Daniel Ellsberg’s recent “The Doomsday Machine” both of which will have you waking up every morning thanking dog almighty that yet again we haven’t all been vaporised in a nuclear weapons accident.

Probably because they haven’t read Eric Schlosser’s chilling history of nuclear weapons safety “Command and Control” or Daniel Ellsberg’s recent “The Doomsday Machine” both of which will have you waking up every morning thanking dog almighty that yet again we haven’t all been vaporised in a nuclear weapons accident.

See, I think a nuclear war is a more immediate danger than climate change, which won't affect anyone living today.

People focus on climate change, let don't seem to worry that Trump or Kim Jon Un could send off missiles at a moment's notice, and there is nothing any of us can do to stop it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See, I think a nuclear war is a more immediate danger than climate change, which won't affect anyone living today.

People focus on climate change, let don't seem to worry that Trump or Kim Jon Un could send off missiles at a moment's notice, and there is nothing any of us can do to stop it.
My point is that a nuclear weapons accident is the greatest risk of all, given that there is a natural desire to want to have one's arsenal at the most ready state possible, and safeguards do get put aside with that mentality. The number of (fortunately) unprimed nuclear bombs that have simply fallen out of US bombers is cause enough for great concern. As Schlosser points out in his book, he, an American, focusses on the US situation, which is supposed to be one of the more fastidious nuclear cultures. God knows what Russia, or some of the other lesser players are sweeping under the carpet.

And Ellsberg's book points out the rather little-known fact that as far as the US goes, in certain situations even individual bomber pilots have authorisation to release nuclear weapons without further approval. That is truly chilling.

Don't agree with you on climate change however. It is already affecting people today, in dire ways.

OP perfectly encapsulates the selfishness and entitlement of people who were adults in the 20th century

You have
OP perfectly encapsulates the selfishness and entitlement of people who were adults in the 20th century

If the teenagers and Greta Thornbergs are anything to go by, the adults of the 21st century will be even more entitled and selfish.

When I fart, does it leave a bigger environmental footprint?

Does it matter more whether I fart inside or outside? Which is better?

That is the most important question I have about climate change, as I see it as the thing that comes out of my ass after I fart.

Are you one of those people who will only do something if they will personally benefit from it? They are pretty terrible people.

List the charities you have given to lately.

Did you claim those donations in your tax return?

Thought so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back