Crow Envy

Cancelled
Dec 2, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
They currently struggle to get a crowd above 30,000, even for their legend Gavin Wanganeen's 300th. Now with Foxtel showing so many live games, will even more of their fickle supporter base choose to stay at home? The club certainly thinks so thats why they have launched their new campaign for the members and players to recruit a member title "Get one". It must be getting desperate, Chad Cornes tried to sign up his 12 year old sister. Even their spokesperson Michalangelo Rucci has "Got One".

Their profit of $6,000 is not going to offer much of a buffer either.

They currently struggle to get a crowd above 30,000, even for their legend Gavin Wanganeen's 300th. Now with Foxtel showing so many live games, will even more of their fickle supporter base choose to stay at home? The club certainly thinks so thats why they have launched their new campaign for the members and players to recruit a member title "Get one". It must be getting desperate, Chad Cornes tried to sign up his 12 year old sister. Even their spokesperson Michalangelo Rucci has "Got One".

I would doubt that many Port Supporters can actually afford foxtel, let alone figure out how to use the control. They will most likely be down at the local pub, dropping their hard earned into Pokies watching a PAFC flogging on the big screen.

Following on from the 'Got One" campaign, they will be doing a lamington drive and a 'rattle the tin' campaign shortly.

The obsession continues.........

Just out of interest PP and I am not trying to start any war of words with this but what group of supporters first started the infamous “The Obsession” line?

Was it Port Adelaide supporters towards the Adelaide Crows supporters or vice versa?

Here we go again :rolleyes:

Ditto.

Tiring isn't it. Port supporters won't go to the games because of Foxtel, and Crows supporters won't go to the games because they have to sit and listen to Crow Envy rattle on about Port Adelaide.

Ditto.

Tiring isn't it. Port supporters won't go to the games because of Foxtel, and Crows supporters won't go to the games because they have to sit and listen to Crow Envy rattle on about Port Adelaide.

Thanks I will take that as a compliment, I didnt realise I was that well known.

That rationale could also explain your poor crowds, after all maybe the Power fans are sick of Rory, Total Power, HotPower etc.

But maybe you should tell your mates to give it a rest and who knows we may have peace in the world.

My fiance who is a power supporter has one !!!
91_7_foxtel_iq.jpg

But its not the one that Port wants people to have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port have won over 30 premierships, leave them alone.

Serious reply to this subject:

Port could be in deep doo-doo in 15 years unless they can boost their revenue streams. They're a club that has won one premiership, however that hasn't been enough to make them appeal to a broader support base than what they had in the SANFL. The Fremantle Dockers on the other hand are a similar type of club, but the difference is, they're crap on the field but they have thousands more members and turning a nice profit. Which one do you think would be more likely to survive in an AFL that classes itself as a product? One that is turning a profit or one that is struggling to? History is no guarantee to survival. Ask the Roys fans about that one.

Add to that problem, they are in a town that is stagnating, unlike Perth with seems to be going up in value and jobs are booming. What's happening with Adelaide's economy? The latter is crap compared to the rest of the nation. SA doesn't have the population centres and industry of NSW and Vic, doesn't have the massive tourism magnet of Qld and doesn't have the resourses boom of WA.

If Port can limp over the line and last another 20 years, they will be fine. By then the generation coming through that didnt support the SANFL will have a disposable income and the split between Crows and Power support might be closer to 60:40, rather than the 80:20 we see today.

Port supporters might bury their heads in the sand, but a $6K profit in this league doesn't cut it. It might be an awesome result for the local amateur club running on cake stalls and beer raffles, but not for a professional team in a national competition.

Serious reply to this subject:

Port could be in deep doo-doo in 15 years unless they can boost their revenue streams. They're a club that has won one premiership, however that hasn't been enough to make them appeal to a broader support base than what they had in the SANFL. The Fremantle Dockers on the other hand are a similar type of club, but the difference is, they're crap on the field but they have thousands more members and turning a nice profit. Which one do you think would be more likely to survive in an AFL that classes itself as a product? One that is turning a profit or one that is struggling to? History is no guarantee to survival. Ask the Roys fans about that one.

Add to that problem, they are in a town that is stagnating, unlike Perth with seems to be going up in value and jobs are booming. What's happening with Adelaide's economy? The latter is crap compared to the rest of the nation. SA doesn't have the population centres and industry of NSW and Vic, doesn't have the massive tourism magnet of Qld and doesn't have the resourses boom of WA.

If Port can limp over the line and last another 20 years, they will be fine. By then the generation coming through that didnt support the SANFL will have a disposable income and the split between Crows and Power support might be closer to 60:40, rather than the 80:20 we see today.

Port supporters might bury their heads in the sand, but a $6K profit in this league doesn't cut it. It might be an awesome result for the local amateur club running on cake stalls and beer raffles, but not for a professional team in a national competition.

Mate you were doing well until you showed your ignorance on the economy. Yes Perth is booming, but NSW isnt. Thats the problem the Reserve Bank faces, increase rates to slow Perth down but at the risk of putting NSW into a recession. In SA we are in the middle, not booming but not crap either.

I would doubt that many Port Supporters can actually afford foxtel, let alone figure out how to use the control. They will most likely be down at the local pub, dropping their hard earned into Pokies watching a PAFC flogging on the big screen.

Following on from the 'Got One" campaign, they will be doing a lamington drive and a 'rattle the tin' campaign shortly.

Wow. What an absolutely fantastic post. I'm not actually typing this, I am getting my carer to do it for me, as I can't operate a computer. Nor afford one. :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back