Game Day Dogs V Cats 6/4 AO / Bevo V his Nemesis

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And look, I’m a negative bastard but looking at some of the posts on here we are suffering from some sort of derangement syndrome. We have been okay, they are a top 4 side. I don’t think we are. Maybe 6-8 sort of side.
This is a coping mechanism. They are not "top 4". They missed finals last year and still have an old squad. They are no more of a "top 4" side than we should be.

The problem is they are consistent, we are not. We have the same old problems with the same old coach.

I can’t be the only one who expects far more from Caleb.

7 disposals a number of them dump kicks. He needs to be getting the ball in his hands and using it well to offset his lack of pace and size.

He’s had 2 kicks. For a player that’s in the team purely for his kicking, that means he’s basically added nothing tonight.

And look, I’m a negative bastard but looking at some of the posts on here we are suffering from some sort of derangement syndrome. We have been okay, they are a top 4 side. I don’t think we are. Maybe 6-8 sort of side.
We're not playing awfully, but a bunch of really dumb s**t in the middle of good plays. We're definitely in it still and Geelong's legs may run out given the short turnaround.

Geelong are just the Federer of AFL - constant professionalism, they squeeze that last 10% out in every play that most teams miss and it bloody works.

Seriously would not surprise me if he actually disapproved of picking up Stefan Martin but the rest of the club faculty overruled him.

If Martin worked so well, why has there been zero effort to replace his physical presence in the stoppages? Yeah English was pretty good last year, but that's mainly for his work outside the hitouts and congested stoppages. To this day he struggles to contain big meat tanks.

Beveridge didn't like playing Minson, didn't like playing Trengove, didn't like playing Sweet and I doubt he'll entertain the idea of playing Smith. It will forever be a crutch while he's coach.

Stefan Martin was the prototypical Beveridge ruckman, essentially another midfielder but more than held his own in the ruck. Reckon we tried to get him a few times (2015 rings a bell?). A shame his body was well and truly cooked when we finally did get him

It'd be great if we weren't playing such a defensive boundary hugging game coming out of defence.

Its just playing into Geelong's hands by allowing them time to fold back in numbers and stopping us dead at half back.

Id be ok if we somehow found a way of stopping Geelong coming out of the front of stoppages.

Other than those very minor quibbles everythings peachy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 or 6 players need a big 2nd half. English, Astro, Macrae when he comes on. They're on a 5 day break & lightning delay in their game on monday. Run over them ffs, show us this legendary fitness

They’re not a top 4 side imo.

Nevertheless, it’s just frustrating being handled at arm’s length again. Simple decisions being made incorrectly, straightforward execution being screwed up.

We're not playing awfully, but a bunch of really dumb s**t in the middle of good plays. We're definitely in it still and Geelong's legs may run out given the short turnaround.

Geelong are just the Federer of AFL - constant professionalism, they squeeze that last 10% out in every play that most teams miss and it bloody works.

Feel like that's more Djokovic than Federer

This is a coping mechanism. They are not "top 4". They missed finals last year and still have an old squad. They are no more of a "top 4" side than we should be.

The problem is they are consistent, we are not. We have the same old problems with the same old coach.

Time for a spell Anteras

He’s had 2 kicks. For a player that’s in the team purely for his kicking, that means he’s basically added nothing tonight.
We're using him on the wing. A guy with no speed to get separation and zero ability to contest the ball in the air.

If that's where we are going to use him we might as well play with 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back