Current Don't F*ck With Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

A new Netflix docuseries on Luka Magnotta who came to the attention of a few thoroughly disgusted cat loving amateur keyboard detectives when he posted a series of very sick online videos killing kittens. They predicted there would be an escalation from there and there was.

Magnotta's last video was the online torture, murder, dismemberment and cannabalism of engineering student Jun Lin.

The docuseries chronicles these keyboard detectives online search to find Magnotta.

It includes the footage he posted online but fades out towards the worst of it apparently where a narrator interrupts over the background sound to provide a description of what's going on. There might be enough warning for me to do the fingers in the ears head under a blanket combo to avoid it.

Has anybody seen it yet?

I know some of the history in the initial group that was formed where there were undesired and unexpected consequences, I'm a bit interested in that.

you'll enjoy it. It does not show the kittens being killed but you know it's happening because one member describes how they died. It's not graphic though & I had no clue until now that he cannablized his human victim

Nah not graphic at all....5 mins in you see the kittens placed into a vacuum sealed bag, and you know what happens next...then the next scene he pulls the dead kittens out of the fridge and starts playing with them... nah not graphic at all

This is where I switched it off

This guy should be put in vacuum sealed bag himself

How were these videos not pulled down from YouTube?

you'll enjoy it. It does not show the kittens being killed but you know it's happening because one member describes how they died. It's not graphic though & I had no clue until now that he cannablized his human victim

More animal abuse as well in between.

Listening to a Crime Profile pod last night, they're doing a forensic analysis on Magnotta, the series and everything else that went on. There's more info in there, about four episodes so I'll check in again tonight.

How were these videos not pulled down from YouTube?
Google own Youtube these days i think.

Morally bankrupt organisations that are a slave to the dollar and the dollar only.

They tried? Who tried? YouTube should pull this down as soon as they become aware of it. Is there no regulation at all?

These vigilante/amateur detective groups. He was uploading not just on youtube but all over social media and blogs creating interest by posting about it under various aliases apparently weeks beforehand so people were already looking for his videos. Some suggestion the internet groups that formed which were all about Magnotta the narc, had an opposite effect of fuelling his ego and pushing him into an escalation of depravity.

I'm not right across it yet until I finish these pods.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was half way through the film thinking it was a story rather than a real story.

Madness
I can relate, I started out thinking it was a mockumentary because the female sleuth looked a lot like the character from Criminal Minds. By the time I realised it was real, I swore, if they showed the actual video footage of the animals, it was going off & I was never going to watch the rest.

I love true crime docos and watched this all in one sitting as I was ignorant of the story and it is completely insane. With that said, I hated the documentary. Focusing on wannabe sleuths who, in the end, did absolutely nothing to reveal the killer (except for maybe causing an innocent person to commit suicide) was a dumb move and the attempt to make the audience complicit in the end was absolutely laughable, bordering on offensive.

But, my God, those sleuths. How many years spent poring over footage to find nothing until the killer himself (presumably) logs on and literally gives them his own name and thousands of photos of himself. Crack detectives, there!

I love true crime docos and watched this all in one sitting as I was ignorant of the story and it is completely insane. With that said, I hated the documentary. Focusing on wannabe sleuths who, in the end, did absolutely nothing to reveal the killer (except for maybe causing an innocent person to commit suicide) was a dumb move and the attempt to make the audience complicit in the end was absolutely laughable, bordering on offensive.

But, my God, those sleuths. How many years spent poring over footage to find nothing until the killer himself (presumably) logs on and literally gives them his own name and thousands of photos of himself. Crack detectives, there!
OK, I'll be the first to call you out.

i watched it all. On the one hand I found it quite disturbing but on the other I thought it was quite unrealistic. they seemed to spend years finding nothing until he let him in. I also found the clips of his mother disturbing, hate to say it, but I wonder how much she was paid because she seemed to not really care about him. in all i don't know how they justified calling it 'a movie about web sleuths' ( no pun intended)
Ive just finished watching 'Ultraviolet', fictional sleuths, unrealistic but enjoyable.

Publicity stunt?

https://www.news.com.au/world/canni...d/news-story/4e7e37a876fe0c5f2de73a7e706f3c94

Note that he got married in 2017 but it's in today's news.

Publicity stunt?

https://www.news.com.au/world/canni...d/news-story/4e7e37a876fe0c5f2de73a7e706f3c94

Note that he got married in 2017 but it's in today's news.
I agree this is surely a publicity stunt, a 'dating forum Canadian Inmates Connect'. Do we even know if this is a real forum? I seriously doubt it! And I seriously doubt he would be allowed such access to the internet! May also be media hype to sell more interest and has not come from him!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back