List Mgmt. Draft Part 3- Post Draft Edition: Has pace, good kick

Jul 19, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Well

Easy to see why the club was interested. Genuine reasons to be excited by this kid

Good to see the club take a shot on some genuine X factor. We delisted 6 this year and apart from Masten none of them really did anything at AFL level.

This was a pretty good clean out year.

Good to see the club take a shot on some genuine X factor. We delisted 6 this year and apart from Masten none of them really did anything at AFL level.

This was a pretty good clean out year.

How good is it to be in a position where we have just won a flag, are serious contenders and able to manage our list to a high level.

Big Biiirdzzzz!

The Stid

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Bruins
So did he nominate for the draft and was overlooked?

And so now can train and be looked at as a SPP rookie pick up?

I'm happy to get a couple of young bucks fighting for a last spot ov3r preseason.

No idea.

How did we get Watson on the cat B? Was it just because he’s from a remote community?
McKenzie is an indigenous lad so perhaps he’s from a remote SA community?

Apr 29, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Probably deserves its own new thread, but a crack at a best 22 (assuming Willie gone and the Pickett thing happens)

Duggan Barrass Hurn
Jetta Gov Shep
Gaff Redden Sheed
Cripps Darling Kelly
Allen JK Ryan

NN Yeo Shuey

Williams Petrucelle Nelson Venables

EMG Hutch Hickey Waterman

Williams and Oscar to share backup ruck/3rd tall duties. Oscar can swing back if needed.

Probably forgetting someone obvious

Yamumluvsbigcox

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
No idea.

How did we get Watson on the cat B? Was it just because he’s from a remote community?
McKenzie is an indigenous lad so perhaps he’s from a remote SA community?
It was when they first bought in the NGA zones and he was suppose to be a docker after going undrafted. But i think we had a better offer so we were able to cat B him .

Speaking of cat B - the dockers had a couple of NGA players go undrafted and are now on their cat B list .

We should be doing the same thing . Give a couple of kid an opportunity for a year to train and play at the beagles . See if they are worth an upgrade

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm wondering if the club is going to put Willie on the inactive list (would kind of be admitting defeat, but reality is he is facing suspension with just the timeframe in doubt). That would open up 2 SSP slots (assuming we have cap space).

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

What is the inactive list and what does it involve?

shooshka

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
What is the inactive list and what does it involve?
Not sure of the ins and outs but assuming it operates like the old LTI list. I read about it today:

If you can draft someone and immediately put them on that list I don't see why you couldn't put a provisionally suspended player on there...

Yamumluvsbigcox

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Not sure of the ins and outs but assuming it operates like the old LTI list. I read about it today:

If you can draft someone and immediately put them on that list I don't see why you couldn't put a provisionally suspended player on there...

The only problem is if for some reason in july or august willie gets the all clear to play ( unlikely) we cant play him if we have taken a 2nd supplemental player in his list spot .
Its nomally used when you have 1 less rookie or in the mid season draft when you have a season ending injury or retirement

Maybe I'm in a minority but I think the two national draft picks and two rookie picks were exactly what we needed. A project ruck for when the inevitable happens in a few years, a possible Hurn/Jetta type for when the other inevitable happens in a couple of years, and two X-factor players, one of whom was highly touted but injured his knee and the other a Rioli type able to slot in.

shooshka

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
The only problem is if for some reason in july or august willie gets the all clear to play ( unlikely) we cant play him if we have taken a 2nd supplemental player in his list spot .
Its nomally used when you have 1 less rookie or in the mid season draft when you have a season ending injury or retirement
Yes absolutely. But we can also take SSP players up until March. Maybe they have advice that the hearing will occur prior to the cutoff so are lining up insurance.

Or it could be as simple as wanting to look at 2 players they are interested in and giving the 1 available spot to the best one after a month...

bombard

Premiership Player
Apr 29, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Maybe I'm in a minority but I think the two national draft picks and two rookie picks were exactly what we needed. A project ruck for when the inevitable happens in a few years, a possible Hurn/Jetta type for when the other inevitable happens in a couple of years, and two X-factor players, one of whom was highly touted but injured his knee and the other a Rioli type able to slot in.

Oh, and Tim Kelly

Yamumluvsbigcox

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Yes absolutely. But we can also take SSP players up until March. Maybe they have advice that the hearing will occur prior to the cutoff so are lining up insurance.

Or it could be as simple as wanting to look at 2 players they are interested in and giving the 1 available spot to the best one after a month...

But we are not taking them they are training with us but not officially on the list .

It would be a s**t position to be that player.

Back