List Mgmt. Draft, Sign, Trade, Delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

We gave away our 1st rounder for Sabrina. feels like we're going for trading in players to help our talent, as they may feel we have enough high end talent on our list and dont need anymore kids. I don't think we'll offload anymore players. Prob do the DFA in that carlton ruck and thats it.
It is probably too bold of a move for Collingwood to consider. Lambert is 28 and won't have this much value again

It is probably too bold of a move for Collingwood to consider. Lambert is 28 and won't have this much value again
True, though she didn't have the greatest year. Whether that was if she was hampered by injury or just because of the bri davey effect.

True, though she didn't have the greatest year. Whether that was if she was hampered by injury or just because of the bri davey effect.
Probably Bri Davey. She is still a very solid contributor so I'd be very happy to keep her. Provides us with arguably the best mid in the comp

It would be madness for a club in the premiership window to trade out one of their key players for Draft picks
Yeah. Draft picks is the last thing we need right now.
If we were outside finals contentions or struggling for whatever reason, then sure, of course. But we're in our prime and only getting better.

It would be madness for a club in the premiership window to trade out one of their key players for Draft picks
I think come next year, Cann will provide the same value as Lambert would. She would be much suited to a permanent inside midfield role as opposed to spending a fair bit of time at half forward Why not look at increasing our window further by filling ruck for the next 10 years and another inside mid

I think come next year, Cann will provide the same value as Lambert would. She would be much suited to a permanent inside midfield role as opposed to spending a fair bit of time at half forward Why not look at increasing our window further by filling ruck for the next 10 years and another inside mid
I think you're undervaluing Lambert here tbh, she's still a top 20-30 player in the comp and has 5 years, at least left. You're not picking up a worthwhile ruck in the VIC pool this year imo, the only reason you'd trade her for a first rounder is if a Rowbottom or Prespakis were 100% gonna be available, maybe a Slender or Friend as well as tall forwards

I think you're undervaluing Lambert here tbh, she's still a top 20-30 player in the comp and has 5 years, at least left. You're not picking up a worthwhile ruck in the VIC pool this year imo, the only reason you'd trade her for a first rounder is if a Rowbottom or Prespakis were 100% gonna be available, maybe a Slender or Friend as well as tall forwards
You know a fair bit more about the draft so I trust your word. But lets say we managed to flip Lambert for pick 6 & 8. Could we then trade up for Rowbottom?
Would be a trade of Pick 1 in the Vic Pool for pick 4 & 6 in the Vic Pool

For what it's worth. I dont see Cann as a replacement for lambert. Lambert regularly finds the goals and she has some x factor. Cann is hard at it but not much polish. I just wish Lambert would stop over acting for free kicks. We are right in the window. Bare minimum of changes required. A Ruck and forward and get some luck with the injuries. Eg butler and Allen.

You know a fair bit more about the draft so I trust your word. But lets say we managed to flip Lambert for pick 6 & 8. Could we then trade up for Rowbottom?
Would be a trade of Pick 1 in the Vic Pool for pick 4 & 6 in the Vic Pool
The first 5 picks in the draft are protected/ can't be traded, so there's definitely Geelong, St Kilda and Richmond picking prior, so there's Rowy and Georgie 100% gone, probably Friend, Slender or Reid for the other one

Also is Scoullar this year or next. Feel she could be a good acquisition
Next year, personally I reckon 2023 is gonna be the year for rucks, two to look for there are Vukic from Eastern and Lyne from Dandenong, Lyne particularly I really rate

The first 5 picks in the draft are protected/ can't be traded, so there's definitely Geelong, St Kilda and Richmond picking prior, so there's Rowy and Georgie 100% gone, probably Friend, Slender or Reid for the other one
Ah yeah then that puts a spanner in the plans which means rowbottom is essentially off the market

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I Love it Scratchy

You have Mikala Cann replacing Lambert today.
Yesterday she was replacing Sharni Norder!

I agree that the club are wanting to get her more permanently in the midfield
but I think that there is room for all 4 as mids with time on bench and resting forward.

I like how you're thinking but in AFL W it's a big ask to go interstate just for football.
Don't get me reliving the Treloar stuff again.
He had a family and megabucks to go to and we know how that ended ...
if indeed it has!

Personally. While I think Downie is a serious unit, she doesn't really make us better IMO. I'm not sure how valuable tap rucks are in footy s a whole and I think they are even less valuable in women footy. Ground coverage is so important that unless we have a ruck like Moody or Pearce which we don't, I think we may as well go with Cann or Velorado as our ruck. I think our height in Frederick, Alexander & Green is best used in the forward line to stretch opposition defenders. I would also propose moving Schleicher to a wing. I know she was the best defender in the comp last season but with the acquisition of Frederick, Brazill can now go back allowing us to free up Schleicher where she can be a marking option on the wing and use her speed which is very solid. We also have a glut of good defenders that I think we can afford to do this.

Collingwood Best 21 (based off current list as of right now)
B. J.Allen/S.Livingstone
HB. L.Butler/A.Brazill/A.Porter
R. M.Cann/B.Davey/B.Bonnici
C. S.Chiocci/J.Lambert/R.Schleicher
HF. A.Sheridan/S.Alexander/S.Rowe
F. C.Molloy/S.Frederick
int. S.Casey/A.Velorado/Ta.Brown/E.O'Dea/A.Moloney
Next in: A.Newman/A.Green/E.Fowler/J.Lin

In the Carlton games I saw last year Moody had nothing left in the tank by 3/4 time to cover any ground.

First hands on the ball for our midfielders means getting the ball deep in attack quick. Centre bounces are where a game can be turned in a matter of minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently, Gold Coast are looking to off-load pick 6 and pick 8. Hot take but I think we could part with Lambert. She is 28 and we have Mikayla Cann to step up in her absence as Bonnici and Davey have gone past her. I honestly do not believe she is a needed player. Handy yes but replaceable and can extract value while high. She would need to agree to these terms as well. We could also nab 2 of the best victorian prospects as well. Could get a young ruck and another mid.

Lambert would seriously help Gold Coast. She immediately becomes their best player and makes them competitive through the middle. She would provide leadership for their younger players and would be rewarded pretty handsomely.

Pass. Different if she was to request a trade, but she not the player to push out.

Yeah. Draft picks is the last thing we need right now.
If we were outside finals contentions or struggling for whatever reason, then sure, of course. But we're in our prime and only getting better.

Likely compromised drafts for the next couple of years so could understand the urge to get into the draft this year. Just don't think you push players out to do it, particularly when the team seems such a cohesive unit.

I Love it Scratchy

You have Mikala Cann replacing Lambert today.
Yesterday she was replacing Sharni Norder!

I agree that the club are wanting to get her more permanently in the midfield
but I think that there is room for all 4 as mids with time on bench and resting forward.

I like how you're thinking but in AFL W it's a big ask to go interstate just for football.
Don't get me reliving the Treloar stuff again.
He had a family and megabucks to go to and we know how that ended ...
if indeed it has!
No that is a fair point. I wouldnt push her out. Just floated a trade suggestion which personally, I am now less keen on myself.

Personally, I think rucks, in general, aren't needed in AFLW and mobility matters significantly more. Cann, Davey, Bonnici & Lambert could very well work

No that is a fair point. I wouldnt push her out. Just floated a trade suggestion which personally, I am now less keen on myself.

Personally, I think rucks, in general, aren't needed in AFLW and mobility matters significantly more. Cann, Davey, Bonnici & Lambert could very well work

I tend to agree esp if you're talking a mainly tap ruck.
Hence it was the loss of Jaz Garner and not Emma King that really hurt us / me.
(And most of our top 10 apart from Sarah D'Arcy!!!).

It will be interesting to see how Emma goes as a forward / ruck this season coming, if Nth recruit the Bulldogs ruck Kim Rennie.
Emma can really bully the lesser teams as a forward but ...?

I tend to agree esp if you're talking a mainly tap ruck.
Hence it was the loss of Jaz Garner and not Emma King that really hurt us / me.
(And most of our top 10 apart from Sarah D'Arcy!!!).

It will be interesting to see how Emma goes as a forward / ruck this season coming, if Nth recruit the Bulldogs ruck Kim Rennie.
Emma can really bully the lesser teams as a forward but ...?
Yeah when I say rucks, I mean tap rucks. Marking rucks, extra midfielder rucks and ruck/forwards are all stil valuable IMO because they have a second string in their arsenal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back