VFL Dreamtime at the G Saturday May 25th 2.35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Backs: Josh Pollocks 79 Tylar Young 45 Jed Feneley 64

Half-Backs: Kaleb Smith 49 Chad Harris 54 James Trezise 36

Centre: Nick Guiney 62 Tom McCarthy 76 Sam Banks 41

Half-Forwards: Cam Olden 58 Matthew Coulthard 26 Liam George 67

Forwards: Archie May 71 Sam Davidson 73 Jacob Koschitzke 20

Followers: Tom Brindley 61 Lachlan Wilson 82 Joel Garner 53

Interchange: Harry Broderick 69 Ry Cantwell 68 Harry Scott 74 Harrison White 56 Nicholas Collier 81

EMG: Sam Frangalas 60 Luke Haddara 80 Matthew Clarkson 77 Liam Thomas 72

The injury hit VFL side front up against Essendon this week in the curtain raiser for Dreamtime at the G. 2 more young Tigers in Harry Scott and Ry Cantwell will make their debuts meaning that 28 of the 31 VFL list have played a game this year, which when you combine it with the 40 of 44 AFL listed players to have played a game at senior level, the injury curse has well and truly ruined the season for both teams.

There is still plenty to gain for the VFL side from this game with a handful of Tigers having put in nomination for the MSD next week, they'll get another chance to show their wares and possibly realize their dream of making it to the AFL. I've highlighted in red the VFL players up for MSD consideration.

Last edited:
we'd have a pretty strong backline with bauer

at least we have his twin playing in feneley who i've been liking the look of in the vfl

also respect to brindley who is gonna have to moonlight as a ruck again since we're injury ****ed, guessing 190cm davidson is gonna back up ruck again like when naismith went down?

Would've been a good opportunity to bring in OHB I would've thought? No ruck named.
Not sure we're allowed. IIRC we obtained permission for him to play VAFA for the season.

I don't see why that would stop him from playing VFL though.
Perhaps VFL is a step too far for him, given he has played about half a dozen games in his career.

Despite not having Bauer, I believe the backline should stand up well tomorrow. And looking forward to seeing both Tresize and Smith using their speed to transition the ball.

Didn't stop us from playing Colina.
Maybe that's why we're not doing the same with Hayes-Brown, given how poorly Colina worked out in the VFL

Interesting selection for the VFL side is Ry Cantwell, who is part of the MSD pool. Could be we're having a look at him prior to Wednesday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This and Dusty's 300th against the Dawks are the only two remaining season games we have any scruppance of a chance to win.

On SM-A426B using BigFooty.com mobile app
We Are Doomed Reaction GIF

Wow ... so dramatic ... Get Taranto back and we will be back in games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back