News & Events Driver with unbelievable bad record still drives - kills 5 inc himself

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think policing needs to increase, not more visible police anyway.

Fair to say most instances of speeding and driving contrary to licence provisions go unnoticed, without incident and without punishment.

I think there should be little number plate cameras installed at intersections, hidden little things that will keep an eye out for those tags associated with disqualified drivers. They register a hit. Take a picture. Gets added to a job sheet for a police car to go and arrest them, put them on remand.

The issue with that is there is a group of privacy advocates who don't want their movement potentially tracked.
It would make millions for the cloned plate makers. Or husbands and wifes just swap cars.

It would make millions for the cloned plate makers. Or husbands and wifes just swap cars.
The police system here checks the shape and colour of the car as it scans the plate to make sure it matches the registration, and all vehicle at a residents are flagged when one is suspended.

Plus it takes the photo so you can see who drives.

The police system here checks the shape and colour of the car as it scans the plate to make sure it matches the registration, and all vehicle at a residents are flagged when one is suspended.

But how does that stop cloning? It took me less than a minute to find a WA rego exactly matching my car on carsales. Make a set of plates and I'm driving clean. Or do you have facial recognition comparing all drivers to the matching licence?

yep and that's why I register all my vehicles with an overseas owner.

I understand the desire for big brother but I don't want to be a part of it.

I can see into your garden from my window, you're not safe

It's actually quite scary how our technology can identify us and locate us. Once, we would have left no signature of our activities other than that of witnesses. Up until recently we would have only left a signature through ATMs and shopping purchase transactions using cards.

These days our mobiles would give away much more detail. Imagine a serious crime like the claremont serial killer crimes, police could run (now or in the near future) an algorithm across peoples movements in an area to see patterns. Then comparing digital footage collected near by street and traffic cameras to isolate people of interests and compare to their representations.

It is quite incredible but all a little too 1984 George Orwell for me.

It's actually quite scary how our technology can identify us and locate us. Once, we would have left no signature of our activities other than that of witnesses. Up until recently we would have only left a signature through ATMs and shopping purchase transactions using cards.

These days our mobiles would give away much more detail. Imagine a serious crime like the claremont serial killer crimes, police could run (now or in the near future) an algorithm across peoples movements in an area to see patterns. Then comparing digital footage collected near by street and traffic cameras to isolate people of interests and compare to their representations.

It is quite incredible but all a little too 1984 George Orwell for me.
Your phone listens to everything you say and all sound around it too.

I have an idea for advertising synergy software that plays inaudible sound during tv so your phone can track what you're watching and who is with you to tailor (ha) your advertising more to your tastes. And tv ratings get far more accurate, just need google and apple involved. Pirated tv could be monitored too, different regions with different signals.

Watch that get stolen now

Your phone listens to everything you say and all sound around it too.

I have an idea for advertising synergy software that plays inaudible sound during tv so your phone can track what you're watching and who is with you to tailor (ha) your advertising more to your tastes. And tv ratings get far more accurate, just need google and apple involved. Pirated tv could be monitored too, different regions with different signals.

Watch that get stolen now

your right re phones. I've had a couple of work discussions over a coffee and then received facebook friend and linkedin suggestions relating to people I've discussed and all too convenient advertisements (despite never searching).

I hope the authorities know I'm in mining and uranium as conversations often turn to dirty bombs and other investor concerns.

samsung tv's were caught out listening to.

I might have to have a dog whistle going in the background or some other frequency microphones pick up that the human ear doesn't. oh dear, I'm becoming Mel Gibson in the conspiracy theory.

your right re phones. I've had a couple of work discussions over a coffee and then received facebook friend and linkedin suggestions relating to people I've discussed and all too convenient advertisements (despite never searching).

I hope the authorities know I'm in mining and uranium as conversations often turn to dirty bombs and other investor concerns.

samsung tv's were caught out listening to.

I might have to have a dog whistle going in the background or some other frequency microphones pick up that the human ear doesn't. oh dear, I'm becoming Mel Gibson in the conspiracy theory.
Channel 7 are also hooked into this system. Watching the football and a comment will get passed between me and my mates and next minute the same phrase will be used by the common tator

Channel 7 are also hooked into this system. Watching the football and a comment will get passed between me and my mates and next minute the same phrase will be used by the common tator

BOY OH BOY WOWWEE!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These idiots would just drive around with no (or dirty) number plates, and Im thinking when police try to pull thrm over, they will just speed off....there would be more police pursuits and potentially even more dangerous roads.

Technology is definitely the way to go though....exactly what, Im not sure, but perhaps some way of tracking their movements or perhaps something they are compelled to wear, and when they are within a certain distance of a front seat it either wont allow a car to start and/or alerts authorities that they are in the driver's seat of a car.
If you are disqualified from driving then I think you need to do the following as well as permanently wearing a wrist bracelet to track movements.

Check in at your local police station every single day. The station would have a register of disqualified drivers in their designated vicinity, and it’s a check off. If you fail to check in then you’re given a fine. $5000 should do it.

If you’re travelling then you need to identify a station that you’ll check into, and if you’re travelling by car you need to pay a fee and also nominate the driver you’re travelling with so if anything happens, it’s on them. I.e if you get pulled over and the disqualified driver is driving, then the other person wears a fine as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back