Roast Dunstall

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheers mate!
I kind of like the persistent anti - Collingwood bias, it gives us the chance to go ' us against the world ' and that provides all the more satisfaction when we win.
Especially when they then become ' band wagonners' after our victory. Dunstal was preparing himself for that possible outcome, when he made that prediction during end 13 ( I think???? ) .
If the unbearable result does happen for him, at least he can try to look clever because he said it might happen.

Absolute non issue for me. Footy needs biases. Without them it's just 40 blokes inanely running around. Having said that, I don't like Dunstall. He's got an awful energy.

Blatant barracking for one side though is tedious and unprofessional. I want commentators that are entertaining, passionate, fair to both sides and critically can provide some meaningful tactical insights that explain the game i'm watching. On that last point we often get superficial drawl but rarely any actual insight. I think we should expect more as viewers. I reckon broadcasters should aspire for more.

I kind of like the persistent anti - Collingwood bias, it gives us the chance to go ' us against the world ' and that provides all the more satisfaction when we win.
Especially when they then become ' band wagonners' after our victory. Dunstal was preparing himself for that possible outcome, when he made that prediction during end 13 ( I think???? ) .
If the unbearable result does happen for him, at least he can try to look clever because he said it might happen.

On the whole, I agree with you, but it doesn't stop me getting infuriated during games. I also agree with Quicky that it's just unprofessional and makes the sport look amateurish. I follow the EPL almost as closely as I follow the pies and there are plenty of ex-players who have become pundits and commentators, their old allegiances and rivalries are well known but they would never get away with the barracking and bias that you see in the AFL. And thats coming from an Arsenal fan, plenty out there who dislike us

Interesting thread, considering Dunstall was the first onto us this year of the Fox crew, has been the most enthausiastic about us and tipped us at the mid-point of the season to not only make the finals but win at least one.

But then, some people would find anti-Collingwood bias in a commentary box of Lou Richards, Michael Christian, and Peter Daicos...
If Lou Richards, Michael Christian, or Peter Daicos would have commentated that their heart sank at the idea of Stephenson getting a goal on the cusp of 3 quarter time I'll bare my ass on Bourke Street

Have a read of the match report in The Age by WA journalist
Brad Elborough. Not very complimentary.
Read it - and not complimentary but doesn't matter - I think a hard reality check on eve of finals does no harm - if we play Eagles over there we have a bit of familiarity with the ground - upsets in final round aren't uncommon [recall last year :)]
PS Damn Hawthorn getting the double chance - they are turds and win finals

Jesus H Christ guys. We've just solidified our top 4 position with a gutsy win on the road and all you can do is roast the commentary?

First of all, who the * cares what they have to say? We're top ******* four.

Second of all, it wasn't even that bad. Sure, at times he was backing the underdog as many commentators tend to do but for the most part, I feel like you're making a mountain out of a mole hill.

And at the very least, despite his occasional bias, I think Dunstall is quite a competent commentator who makes good observations about the flow of the game. Personally never minded having him as part of the crew calling our games and he's so much better than Garry Lyon (* that sandpaper voiced prick). Honestly, I'd try to appreciate the competency we've been blessed with so far before all our games are broadcasted on channel 7.

Never heard a more blatant bias in my time watching footy. This guy spent two hours talking about what Freo needed to do to win. Newsflash, we needed to win you boofhead! Maybe mention us once and what we need to do?

Credit to Pav, he bought some balance, but Dunstall is the perfect example of someone whose focus is always on whoever is playing Collingwood and how they can beat us. Surely there would be a bit of respect for us given the year we've been through. Nope. None.

The only thing that brings me peace is despite all of his success, he seems like a miserable prick anyway and if he couldn't know happiness now given all the success he's been through, he never will.
David King

When Dunstall was in Qld before being drafted he was a Blues fan,so enough said.
I was at that match in 2015 down the coast and believe me his hatred of Collingwood is real.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back