Dustin Martin Contract Thread [GWS Will Not Offer Dusty a Contract]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

298884_gl.jpg

Sums it up!!!

The most talented player to walk into our club in 20 years has just ****ed us over.

Looks like Trengove is the only top 3 player of his draft with any integrity.

What happens if no one wants him? Delist?

We lose a very very good footballer, Its the modern game, Hopefully we get a very very good footballer in return

Considering the way the tigers had to look after this guy and a few other players taking pay cuts to keep the team together, you have to assume that this guy is a low bloke. He can GTFO IMO , hope he gets pinged for doin drugs or something

Richmond has bent over backwards for Dustin and helped him so much, especially with his off-field behaviour. He likes to drink............bloody he hell he loves to drink lol. Such a shame he couldn't commit to Richmond. But the writing was on the wall when he kept on throwing back offers all season from Richmond to stay.

What did Dusty want? Something like $600,000 or something like that? What was he currently on? He is worth $600,000........at least not yet. A player who can't run out a full game is not worth $600,000. Talent wise he is worth heaps but in terms of putting that talent into results...........no way.

I reckon in the past Richmond would of paid him that amount, Richmond would of given in, but this is the new Richmond now........a Richmond Football Club that for 30 odd years did what players wanted. Not anymore. I say..........well done Richmond for being firm. This is a sign of how much improved Richmond are as a club.

Let's just say that Dusty goes on to be a good player and the media will probably come out and say things like: "Oh well the Tigers should of paid him more etc etc blah blah" But right here and now Richmond had a call to make and they did.............they can't hang on and on and on wait for Dusty to commit. The Tigers have 2014 to worry about.

I can understand a player wanting more money but sometimes on-field success is worth a lot more then money in the hand.

Plus is there is now plenty of room the Salary for Vlastuin Conca now. That was our problem fitting him in right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good for Richmond for not caving in to his demands.

The kid is a fool and the club will be better off without him in the long term.

The signs were not good once he kept delaying his decision on his contract. Will be missed but the club will be better off down the track. Esablish a level of standard at the club ..... and stick to it.
Interesting to see where he ends up, and if the club gets decent, if any, compensation .....

Would have preferred him to sign, but I'd rather not have a player who puts $100k in his pocket ahead of building a successful team.

Later, dude.

(There is no 'I' in team, but there's two of them in Dustin Martin!)

What a wank. A huge club on the rise. There is no other club you'd rather be at next year. He is one greedy prick
This is spot on. Richmond is def a team you would want to be playing for in the foreseeable future.I hope he goes to whatever will be the worst team to be in the next few years.

That really sucks Tigers fans. But I reckon you'll be better off in the long run without that FIGJAM at your club! Not one part of his actions say 'winning team culture'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back