Dylan Roberton (Pick 49 ND 2009)

Remove this Banner Ad

What's happened with this kid over summer?

Looks like he's put lead in his boots and gone up about 10 points on the unco-meter.

Too much sex? No sex? Drugs? No drugs?

A shithouse girlfriend?

A VD?

What's up?

yep, he's not suited to being a sub. They probably see him as being a versatile sort of player who can come on and play a variety of roles but he always ends up playing a run with role anyway

he has been dissapointing this year though, no question

Dylan has some sought of gay looking running style.

I know on this board we have some fair knowledge about running styles and I'm no expert but am surprised it hasn't been mentioned.

I think he needs a running coach.

I think I've gerried his awkwardness.

He has f##king long f##king arms. He seems to try and cover their length by bending them in his natural stance. I little bit self conscious I thinks.
When he extends them they are real asset.

Unlike Kerr, Rich and Hunt that these funny looking short things hanging from their shoulders.

I think I've gerried his awkwardness.

He has f##king long f##king arms. He seems to try and cover their length by bending them in his natural stance. I little bit self conscious I thinks.
When he extends them they are real asset.

Unlike Kerr, Rich and Hunt that these funny looking short things hanging from their shoulders.

The long arms are from the shovel work!!!!!!!!!!

Nah, the long arms are from too much dancing to the Spice Girls :D

Where the hell did that youtube clip go anyway?

I didn't want to start a thread on the main board for this, because Roberton has taken a few hits by some posters on here already and really a thread would just open that up to them. But I was impressed with his game tonight.

Yeah, he still isn't as consistent as he may like. But he is starting to look like he belongs out there. Was one of the few guys who looked to take the game on when coming out of the back line tonight. He might have gotten a bit cute at times considering the weather, but I'd take that over the predictable play from everyone else. He also generally looks pretty composed too. Him dancing around a few Hawthorn players including Franklin in the last quarter brought a smile to my face.

And it's great to see someone play with a bit of aggression for a change. That's something I think we have been missing this year. The elbow was a bit reckless, even though he didn't really connect with it. But he is never one to back down from a wrestle.

The more game time he gets, the better he will become. And I think we're already seeing that.

Glad to hear it, cheers Chris.

I missed the game last night (thank ****), freo games a repeatedly scheduled to bounce down when I have other commitments, and for a guy with a family - I don't have a whole lot of commitments so that's frustrating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In my long term plan, he turns into Brendan Goddard without being a terrible bloke. Seriously, he's got the size, the athleticism and the professional drive to become that player.

Get him midfield fit. He's got the mongrel in him already.

He needs to be backed, it takes a lot of arrogance to be that brilliant.

In my long term plan, he turns into Brendan Goddard without being a terrible bloke. Seriously, he's got the size, the athleticism and the professional drive to become that player.

Get him midfield fit. He's got the mongrel in him already.

He needs to be backed, it takes a lot of arrogance to be that brilliant.

Lets be realistic here, the thing about Brendan Goddard is that he has two massive weapons called a 55m accurate kick and a good football brain. The rest of Brendan Goddard is pretty average, particularly pace and agiity wise. I honestly don't think he is anything like Brendan Goddard.

I think he can be a reasonable player perhaps, but I am really not sure what position he is going to play in the future. I am less confident about him being a midfielder, he just hasn't got the offensive tools, either in terms of kicking or space. More likely to be a 3rd defender like Grover IMO.

Roberton like Brendon Goddard, lmao. If our long term plan relies on Dylan Roberton developing into Brendon Goddard, we are in deep s**t.

Goddard is a great athlete and very quick for his size and build, don't know what you mean there Ysaye.

Really he needs to get off that unicycle that he rides out there, because not only does he look extremely uncoordinated, but it looks like he's going backwards at quite a pace.

Needs to quit clowning around with those pretend efforts that have become a feature of his game, which have resulted in his reverse development since last year.

But then again, he could just be suited to a unicycle.

pretty average, particularly pace and agiity wise. I honestly don't think he is anything like Brendan Goddard.

now theres something Roberton is perhaps close to - average pace and agility.

More likely to be a 3rd defender like Grover IMO.

isn't fit to shine Grover's boots. At least Grover gives you 100% every week. Robertson looks like he is going at about 20% capacity.

Let's see. 2010 we were giggling about his potential and that got a steal for the drum? pick. He was being compared to a young mackie, collecting a few stats and linking play well.

Give the kid some time. The sides structure year has been poor. I back him to come good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back