Unofficial Preview Early Thoughts: Preliminary Final - Sydney vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is an easy retort that the club would use for that first point the writer makes. It'd go something like this:

"With GWS now in the competition, there has never been a greater need to have a presence in the West of Sydney. The Swans are Sydney's team. All of Sydney. Not just the East and North's, all of Sydney's. We have a great fan base in the West of the city and we want to make sure that we give them the games that they deserve."

Something along those lines. And the club isn't just going to give up on a strategically important part of the city, particularly with that much untapped talent to be discovered out there and that much money to make. I understand the want to have games at the SCG (and I share it) but the club would be silly to just up and leave the West of Sydney because GWS are there now.

The club won't be detaching itself from ANZ anytime soon, I just cannot see it happening. Perhaps they will look to broker a deal by which the club can play particular finals at the SCG or something like that, but I highly doubt we'll see them jettison it altogether. I would love it to so all games were played at the SCG though.

Do you think the club believes it would lose supporters from the west if it stopped playing games at the ANZ?

I know its not quite the same but in the VFL days when home grounds where located in the suburbs of their names, supporters came from all suburbs not just the home suburbs.
Even more now as the home grounds are disappearing and with interstate teams. IMO the sooner we get out of the ANZ deal the better.

Last edited:
Im not sure if it can be the SCG if we play Geelong i dont think they're allowed within 110 points err i mean meters of that place ;), But in all serious with Mal fit we have full list to choose from we have no excuses for going all the way this year if we play anywhere near our best. I hope its vs Geelong as North are a painfully unpredictable team to play against.

Damian Barrett on the SFS Channel 9.

" I have been speaking to people inside the Swans and they have said Malceski won't play again this year and has likely played his last game for the club "

Where the **** do some of these imbeciles get their journalism degree from ??? Not just the fact that he has NFI, imo his statement is a blatant lie. s**t form from an even shitter journalist.

" I have been speaking to people inside the Swans and they have said Malceski won't play again this year and has likely played his last game for the club "

Where the **** do some of these imbeciles get their journalism degree from ??? Not just the fact that he has NFI, imo his statement is a blatant lie. s**t form from an even shitter journalist.

Rebecca Wilson's neighbour presumably.

To be fair, it may not have been a lie. He may well have spoken to someone 'inside' the Swans (Kenny ?) and they may well have believed it to be true (or fobbed him off with complete crap to get rid of him). His poor journalism was in not checking the facts for himself. Hearsay is so unreliable.

The best news is MAL'S ALIVE !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh well, still should be a decent atmosphere if we can get 45k there

Having a look at those ticket prices, and the possibility that our opponent might be North, I get the feeling this could be one of the most poorly attended PFs the AFL has seen for years.

Yeah North are a joke. 30+ members. But they're all pity memberships bought by members of other clubs. 500 will travel up. :thumbsdown:

2006 preliminary final against a Fremantle side with 50 supporters pulled 65k, with buddy, tippet, goodes 350the we should be north of 60k with the help of good weather, if not than hell, will we ever pack anz again or what

2006 preliminary final against a Fremantle side with 50 supporters pulled 65k, with buddy, tippet, goodes 350the we should be north of 60k with the help of good weather, if not than hell, will we ever pack anz again or what

Roof goes on for 2017. SYD V GWS 65k. ;)

To be fair, it may not have been a lie. He may well have spoken to someone 'inside' the Swans (Kenny ?) and they may well have believed it to be true (or fobbed him off with complete crap to get rid of him). His poor journalism was in not checking the facts for himself. Hearsay is so unreliable.

The best news is MAL'S ALIVE !

Kenny ???? Surely you mean Bedford don't you Bungee ? Best Father / Son combination at the Swans ever !

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2014-09-08/prelim-tickets-on-sale-next-Monday

Pre-Sale 9am. General Public 2pm.

Tickets to next Friday night’s preliminary final will go on sale on Monday September 15.
The Sydney Swans will host either Geelong or North Melbourne in a preliminary final on Friday September 19 from 7.50pm, currently scheduled for ANZ Stadium (subject to stadium availability).

Adult Prices:

Category 1 - $170
Category 2 - $134
Category 3 - $102
Category 4 - $72
Restricted View - $61

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2014-09-08/prelim-tickets-on-sale-next-Monday

Adult Prices:

Category 1 - $170
Category 2 - $134
Category 3 - $102
Category 4 - $72
Restricted View - $61
Holy crap. Been forever since having a Prelim down here in Melbourne and can't believe those prices :eek: I have heard they have marked down prices to Geelong vs North this week by 20% (not sure if this is exclusive to those who attended the QF/EF), but you would think they would try to reduce it a little to get more people along.

i still think Reid should be looked at closely for the last two games, the ball hit the ground and came out so easily when we played hawthorn at the MCG, I dont see what he is offering compared to another small now Tippett can ruck.

People say ohh he can cover if we get an injury or he plays a decoy role, just seems like BS to justify a lack of output. Not saying he cant play, but you cant carry a guy not touching it and not contributing

Adult Prices:

Category 1 - $170
Category 2 - $134
Category 3 - $102
Category 4 - $72
Restricted View - $61
That is absolutely disgusting money hungry filth from the AFL yet again. Considering we finish on top of the ladder and can't even play at our home ground you'd think they'd at least make it a little more manageable of a price to try to get as many ppl there as possible. Then they'll complain later when they don't get 45k+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back