East Fremantle Sharks Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

You need a whole thread for the 5 Shark supporters on BF?:D

Just jokes....I think East Freo will be around the 4 - 6th mark this year. They will have plenty of AFL players coming in and out of the side which could destabilise them but they have some good youngsters from their reserves premiership side of 2008 coming through.

Good luck to Ol Easts.

hmm so far there has been more South Freo supporters in here than East Freo. I think they will be in the 5th - 6th range. Can not see them playing finals yet, with the powehouses of South Fremantle, Subiaco and Swan Districts, with probably West Perth or Perth taking 4th

hmm so far there has been more South Freo supporters in here than East Freo. I think they will be in the 5th - 6th range. Can not see them playing finals yet, with the powehouses of South Fremantle, Claremont, Subiaco and Swan Districts, with probably West Perth or Perth taking 4th

hmm so far there has been more South Freo supporters in here than East Freo. I think they will be in the 5th - 6th range. Can not see them playing finals yet, with the powehouses of South Fremantle, Subiaco and Swan Districts, with probably West Perth or Perth taking 4th

I reckon Subi and SF will come back to the field big time in 2010. SF will be hoping for little AFL footy for Murphy and Wilson.....because without them I can't see McCarrey kicking too many, I reckon their defence is their best area......if SF get injuries up back I reckon they will leak goals, their depth is no longer as good as 2009.......Subi haven't replaced 3 key forwards who regularly kicked 10 goals between them each game in 08, 09......yes they have midfielders but fella's like Read, Cockie, Fletcher are not goal kickers, ball winners yes....goal kickers no!.....Campbell is a hot and cold merchant....at WP he had help with Longmuir, Chambers, Salecic and LeCras to kick goals .....besides Broadhurst....Campbell is onn his own..and will get the number 1 defender each week, which is usually an AFL listed guy or an ex AFL player.

EF will be top 9 I reckon.....up back and throughthe midfield they will more than hold their own and will get plenty of the footy.....up front is the problem.....I can see them being reliant on an even spread of goal kickers in each game....eg: Dunn, Riccardiello, Foster, Monaco, Edwards, McGough, Ware, MacNamara, Monk, Young, Davidson, Houlihan, Hall, Dalziell, Sheppard, Cripps, Fasolo, Hancock and Monteath......there won't be any out and out goalkickers, just lots of fella's kicking the 1 or 2 goals here and there.....with the odd fella kicking 3 -4 ......Woewodin is going to have to move the ball around low and fast to trouble those sides with big fella's up back like Subi, SF and Claremont.....time will tell if I'm right.....

We'll wait and see about that then.........

Ahhh admitedlly I am well out of touch with the goings on down in Tigerland recently, but they haven't shown any signs of doing anything for the last two seasons.
Don't get me wrong, I love my Tigers, I grew up about 100 metres down the road from Claremont oval. I just can't see things turning around down there for a while yet.

Sharks will make top 4 this year. Dont be surprized to see them beat South Fremantle more then once this season. Could be a derby grandfinal. Cant count out Subi and Swans tho. For me i think the top 4 will end like this

South Fremantle
Swan Districts
Subiaco
East Fremantle

West Perth will finish just outside the 4 whilst the other 4 teams will struggle this season.

i dont think east fremantle will make the finals unless they recruit some top players.. courtney johns is done as a footballer and well mark mcgough what has he done the past couple years.. a few more years in the wilderness i suspect

Thought I would post this on here. Sharks looking into 199cm utility from Country Victoria. Joshua Jenkins. Former basketball player and team mate of Wildcats player Cameron Tovey. I believe new CEO Adam Kelly played with him when he was a up-and-comer
Getting some AFL interest too so be good if he ends up in WAFL and with EP

Just heard a rumour not sure if its true but i just got told that Woewodein may have been offered a assistant coach role with a AFL club.

Brock O'Brien to EF in 2011?....though depends on whether the guy gets redrafted or not.......Griffiths training at Perth, Kyanga keen to go to EP, ex Brisbane listed youngster back at EF in Kieran King, EF working hard on Hadley and Polak......might depend on how successful EF go in tomorrows draft.....

7 - 8 kids up for grabs?....Swallow, Brennan, Fasolo and Cripps certs....with lots of talk for Chalwell, Menagola and now Cooyou with Collingwood....also Monaco as a possible late pick....
that's a possible 320K, with Brennan and perhaps 2-3 others staying local......

hopefully EF will use this cash to entice a few big name recruits to the club in 2011. Would love to see Menagola and Chalwell stay local...two young exciting talls who could help EF lack of tall KP up front....plenty of exciting young mids in Henson, Boyle, Tropiano, Eardley and Johanninsen waiting in the wings if the likes of Fasolo and Cripps go over east in the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great win by the Sharks today. God they are hard to tip. Hopefully this win today will turn their season around

I liked the way Malaxos handled quarter time. Told the boys there was 90 minutes of footy left, so don't panic, but you need to start turning it around in the second quarter. Also told them to stop fluffing around with the ball and don't handball sideways to someone when there is no pressure on you (directed at Dalz) and go long. Well done. :thumbsu:

Wish i was there to see it. I been to most of the Sharks games this season but unfortunately i am currently away in Kunnunarra for acouple weeks. Would have liked to have been there to watch then win.

We are going well . In the last 3 weeks we have beaten both last years premiers and runners up and today we beat West Perth who was undefeated. looking good. hope we keep it up.

We are going well . In the last 3 weeks we have beaten both last years premiers and runners up and today we beat West Perth who was undefeated. looking good. hope we keep it up.

i'm still nervous that we may not finish as well as we possibly can, over the last two years its been like watching two different teams, when they turn it on, they turn it on!! but sometimes they just don't look interested, here's hoping they've reached the level required to be a flag threat.

i'm still nervous that we may not finish as well as we possibly can, over the last two years its been like watching two different teams, when they turn it on, they turn it on!! but sometimes they just don't look interested, here's hoping they've reached the level required to be a flag threat.

If we keep it at this level i can't see anyone beating us. We have won our last 5 games. Last side to beat us was the Bulldogs and we got them next monday for the foundation day derby at east freo oval. should be a great game.

huge game this weekend. with subi having the bye the result against claremont could determine if we play finals or not!!!

come on easts!!!

Best 22 - 2012 (minus AFL players)

B: 12 Stephen 19 Weller ? Schofield (from WB)
HB: ? Duffy 8 Dodd 39 Yeo
M: 34 Viney 4 O'Brien 16 Fasolo
HF: 2 Hadley 28 Lee-Steere ? Perham (from Coll)
F: 3 Teakle ? Gabriel (from Frankston) 24 O'Brien
R: 23 Young 35 Bayliss 32 Leslie
I: 1 McGough ? Dick 46 Ricciardello 54 Boyle

2012 Ins & Outs

Ins
  • Russell Gabriel - Key position forward/ruckman. From Frankston.
  • Jack Perham - Collingwood (unconfirmed)
  • Sam Menegola - Hawthorn/Fremantle rookie
  • Jayden Schofield - Western Bulldogs (unconfirmed)
  • Callum Papertalk - EF colts/WCE rookie
  • Brad Dick - Collingwood/WCE rookie (unconfirmed)
  • Max Duffy - EF colts
  • Cordell Smith - EF colts
  • Cameron Symonds - EF colts
  • Luke Turner - EF colts

Outs
  • #11 Kym Monteath - East Perth
  • #18 Aaron Ware - Victoria
  • #7 (colts) Elliot Yeo - Brisbane (ND #30)
  • #7 Jamie McNamara - Williamstown
  • #10 Daniel Chidlow - Retired
  • #5 (colts) Cam Eardley - Geelong (Rookie)
  • #42 Tim Houlihan - South Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back