SFA Games: 499
East Side Games: 427
28 Seasons in total, and 23 seasons East Side
HOF: S25
Mobbs Medal: S12, S13
Deestroy Medal: S12
All-SFA: S12
Premierships: S12 East Side Hawks, S3 West Coast Magic

larrikin joined the West Coast Magic back in S3 - the year was 2003. The Year of the G.O.A.T.

At the start of the season his Captain jod23 noted:
Larrikin - small defender, quick and can push into midfield and tag, think Wooden

And larrikin quipped:
Does that mean I get to be dropped while in good form and then consistently perform in the WAFL?

In his very first game, larrikin was put in at FB. His first possession was 8.88 into the first quarter:

1 : 8.88 - LARRIKIN WITH A LITTLE SPACE.
1 : 9.03 - HE KICKS TOWARDS VISRO AND MOCCA.
1 : 9.17 - VISRO MARKS WELL FROM THE BACK OF THE PACK.

Clearly, it was a good day as the Magic went on to ream Darkness Eternal.

1709337700836.png

Not a lot to go by, but greater things were still to come.

But before that could happen, he received his first serving of Donuts. The Captain dropped him, and then put him back the following game, because clearly the team couldn't function without him:

1709338434342.png
I think we might have found me a new position in this team. Two late goals from the HFF after coming off the bench during that stirring comeback (including the goal that put us in front). Gonna be hard to overlook to play there again next week Jod.........

larrikin joined the EAST SIDE HAWKS in S11 as their star Ruckman, and never looked back (except for when he went on sabbatical for 3 seasons, but we'll forgive him).

These statistics speak for themselves:

1709339376785.png

Now in Round 5 vs the Swamprats, the G.O.A.T hall-of-famer is BACK to contest the Ruck.

Apart from his on-field Qooty skills, larrikin is well known for his random witty one-liners. Here are a few taken out of context:
Do I get a badge?
Sure. Get me a beer rook.
That's a seriously old reference.

I like it.
Friday? FFS
That turn was... unexpected.
Is he playing in socks?

In honour of his witty sense of humour, an East Side club award was bestowed in his honour, the #larrikinaward which goes to the player who makes everyone laugh the most, as voted by their peers.

FINALLY, I reached out to some current and former teammates of the league. I think a few must be busy at the Sweet Retirement Centre etc but here's what some of larrikin's friends had to say about him:

Biggie, 295 shared games, the #1 teammate <3
Larrikin

A simple guy with a simple outlook on life.

Loves a beer.

And was good with the ladies back in the day.

Congratulations on 500 you old s**t.

Biggie

Itsmyshow, 222 shared games

Congratulations on a fantastic milestone Larrikin, 500 games, some quality, some tainted by hangovers

One of the greatest "Hawks" of all time and the greatest ruckman to ever lace them up.

Kudos to you and I hope you wear pants to this ceremony.

boncer34, 127 shared games and former East Side Captain
Larrikin,

First came across you at the ESH back in the day when you were the quietest member of the original rat pack with myself, Biggie and Wally. And you literally were the quietest member because I had to PM you the night of your first Mobbs medal victory suggesting you turn up to have a look! 😂

Few people today would remember but you had a 2/3 season stretch where not only were you the undisputed premium ruck in the league, you were the undisputed #1 player in the league.

And still you never let it go to your head, unlike a certain selfish Collingwood poster who plugs himself at FF to run his goal tally up to keep the record, you still remained as humble as ever, happy to move to wherever the team needed you the most.

Congratulations to one of the true undisputed champions of this league on a huge milestone.

The Filth Wizard, 112 shared games and former East Side Captain
I don't recall a single word larrikin has ever said however I remember quite specifically about checks Sweet FA+ 112 of his 500 games and what I can say is he is a legend and this is a legit milestone. Congratulations mate and just think how many games you would have had if there wasn't a Phoenix rebrand checks Sweet FA+

Harvey Manfrenjensenden aka The Jesus aka YearOfTheRoos aka that other loveable larrikin, 88 shared games

Great times,

I remember his first game like it was 499 games ago. Does he still hold the record for hit outs at the Hawks or am I thinking of someone else? Initially I thought he was the half horse guy but I believe he has a beer in his AV, or at least he did at one point. Or he didn't. Well done.

Chipmunk, 87 shared games and former East Side Captain
Larrikin,

Wow, 500! What a career. It’s been fantastic having you around the team in my time there, plus I believe the Captain’s office still has that pic of you jumping for the first bounce in the Season 12 Grand Final, still the only Hawks’ only winning Grand Final ruck. I hope you’re still taking advantage of the lifetime supply of free gateaux after that victory.

Have a great celebration, enjoy the accolades all week and see you later in the season!

Chip.

CONGRATULATIONS larrikin
#larrikin500

Happy Hour Drinking GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back