All Australian
Jun 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Yankees, Knicks
http://www.eastbay.com/

Thought I'd post this on this board, but has any1 brought stuff from this site? If so, is it reliable? Whereabouts are their products made? It looks to have a really good range of different sports brands at really good prices, and considering the Aussie Dollar and US Dollar are pretty much equal, it might be a good time to buy some stuff from the US

Any opinions?

I've bought NFL, MLB and Northface gear from them (they don't seem to ship Northface, ASICS, Burton and a few other brands here anymore but there are ways around that ;) )

I ordered on a Thursday evening, had the gear delivered by the next Tuesday, amazingly quick service and great price.

The gear is legit to the best of my knowledge and has all the right tags and tickets. Like all US sports merchandise is actually made overseas in Mexico/India/China/etc.

They often have discounts for purchases over $100, and the discount covers shipping costs.

I tend to buy my shoes off there. Compeltely legit and the prices are crazy. Great delivery speed and lots of good stuff to buy.

Thumbs up from me, they have got some great gear. One order got knocked back when I tried using my credit card so always use paypal. :thumbsu:

As other posters have stated, delivery is really fast. They use UPS and wont leave the package at the delivery address if unattended. So make sure someone is around otherwise they will leave a note and you can pick up from UPS depot or arrange alternative delivery time.

What does shipping cost?

Eg: for a pair of shoes.

My last order with Eastbay was a single pair of Nike's. As Abaddon said earlier, they often have 25% off purchases over $100USD or sometimes $25 off the price. I used a $25 off code and my purchase broke down like this:

Nike's $99.99
Shipping $30.00
Discount -$25.00

Total $104.99US

The exchange rate at the time was low 90's. I checked my Visa statement and total cost for the shoes was $116AU. I swear if you went to a Footlocker/Athletes Foot here in Australia you would pay $220-$240 and they would by lucky to even stock the shoe you purchased on Eastbay. Their range is phenomenal.

It's fully tracked by UPS so they provide you with a link to the UPS website and then you can track the package location by every step. I always ship it to my work rather than home, this ensures you are always there to sign for the package.

No problems with sizing either. Just check what size you are in US from a pair of shoes you already have and order the exact same size on the Eastbay website.

I sometimes get a few mates together and organise one order and then split the shipping costs between us. One of the most cost efficient ways.

Sounds like it has some good reviews there

Are there generally always discount codes available?

Gonna have to give this site a go. Thanks for the heads up.

There's a few people mentioning coupon codes in this thread. I always check http://www.retailmenot.com/ before buying anything online. They've got about 8 listed for eastbay at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holy thread revival Batman :D

Just thought i would ask what would the correct format of entering a shipping or billing address on the website ?

Street Address:
City:
Postcode:
Phone:

There are 2 lines for street address, is it best to write the house number and street on the same line ?
Also in the city i typically write the Suburb instead (there was one instance where i literally wrote Melbourne as the city... and Fed Ex wouldn't go to the extra trouble Australia Post would and put 2 & 2 together find the address with the street name + postcode).

However on Eastbay i would be concerned that while they can see the street number and name, the city/suburb and postcode. + country. There is no "state" option.

I am only asking as i have had some differences in address details formatting on other sites (playasia, superherostuff etc). I'd love my items to get to me instead of there being a delay.

However on Eastbay i would be concerned that while they can see the street number and name, the city/suburb and postcode. + country. There is no "state" option.
First number of the postcode tells them the state. Definitely put the suburb down, not Melbourne.

Last time I tried to order from Eastbay there was a ban on shipping Asics shoes over to Australia. Any reason for this?
The company supplies assorted online sites with the stock, but they don't allow them to sell internationally so they still have final selling rights price wise. It's pretty much a way of ensuring they scour another 40 bucks off your back.

Same goes for a lot of Nike lines, etc.

Last time I tried to order from Eastbay there was a ban on shipping Asics shoes over to Australia. Any reason for this?

Just get it shipped to a US address and have it forwarded. There are heaps of companies doing this. I use a small business out of NJ to do this. Still works out $50+ cheaper on running shoes, and is even better value if you are consolidating multiple orders.

I believe that it's an Asics directive, because it's hard to find websites that will do it. Amazon generally won't either, and I believe Wiggle doesn't even stock them. Occasionally I can find specific shoes that they will ship to Oz, but I think that's probably just something that has fallen through the cracks.

In the end Asics loses out, because I ended up trying other brands and found them to be better. Mizuno and Saucony FTW.

I believe that it's an Asics directive, because it's hard to find websites that will do it. Amazon generally won't either, and I believe Wiggle doesn't even stock them. Occasionally I can find specific shoes that they will ship to Oz, but I think that's probably just something that has fallen through the cracks.

In the end Asics loses out, because I ended up trying other brands and found them to be better. Mizuno and Saucony FTW.
This, Asics are so overrated and overpriced. I noticed that Wiggle had the Mizuno shoes I want to replace way cheaper, are they decent to buy stuff from?

This, Asics are so overrated and overpriced. I noticed that Wiggle had the Mizuno shoes I want to replace way cheaper, are they decent to buy stuff from?

Not a bad bump. But yeah, i've found Wiggle to be reliable - and quick. They just tend to be pretty expensive (cheap delivery though), so if they've got something cheap then go for your life.

I have bought a few things from Wiggle, Very reliable and pretty quick from my experiences

Remove this Banner Ad

Back