Review Elimination Final, 2022 - Brisbane Lions vs. Richmond

Who were your five best players against Richmond?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching the replay, two things stood out:

1) Darcy Gardiner played much better than most here are giving him credit for. Won plenty of important contests. Didn't notice this as much live but you can really see his impact on the rewatch.

2) the telecast did not do Bailey justice. He was an absolute star - both around the ball and off the ball. He looked good on TV, but GREAT live.

Don't be silly man. Whipping boys gotta be whipped.

There's often a lot of judging a players worth, even defenders, on what they do when they've got the ball. I understand why and shank kicks aren't great, but there's a lot of worthy actions that happen away from the ball.

It's become a good rivalry between us & the Tigers the last 3 years. We've been L-W-W-L-L-W with them since 2020.
They've mentally destroyed me over the bad years to the point where I still assume any game against them is a loss.

It's become a good rivalry between us & the Tigers the last 3 years. We've been L-W-W-L-L-W with them since 2020.

That round 20 loss should've been a win really. We just fluffed it.

Would've made it 4 wins out of last 5 which is a pretty decent run based on our current squad.

That round 20 loss should've been a win really. We just fluffed it.

Would've made it 4 wins out of last 5 which is a pretty decent run based on our current squad.
And we should of probably won the game at Metricon against them last year. Would be nice to finally get a win over them on the road. Hopefully we get another crack at them at the MCG next year.

15 games and an 11 year losing streak against them will do that.
AFL Tables - Richmond v Brisbane Lions - Sat, 12-Aug-2006 7:10 PM - Match Stats I think is the one that did it to me.

Moved to Sydney, we only get two or three FTA games a year and most of those are against Sydney.

That's on FTA, Channel 7, but Saturday night games not involving Sydney start at 11 pm.

Game is delayed even later for some reason, and then it's over by quarter time - seven goals to one. Wait it out to see if it gets better, nope gets worse - 14 goals to one at half time.

First game and possibly only game that I started watching that I pulled the plug on at half time. So many bad memories.

AFL Tables - Richmond v Brisbane Lions - Sat, 12-Aug-2006 7:10 PM - Match Stats I think is the one that did it to me.

Moved to Sydney, we only get two or three FTA games a year and most of those are against Sydney.

That's on FTA, Channel 7, but Saturday night games not involving Sydney start at 11 pm.

Game is delayed even later for some reason, and then it's over by quarter time - seven goals to one. Wait it out to see if it gets better, nope gets worse - 14 goals to one at half time.

First game and possibly only game that I started watching that I pulled the plug on at half time. So many bad memories.
Ah, jeez, I'd expunged that one. Ten minutes into the third quarter and our only goal had been kicked by J-Ro. :embarrassedv1:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1500408

I just had to put this picture up again lol.

Yep that was taken from that infamous semi final last year between Brisbane vs the dogs.

Glad Brisbane gave the fingers against the odds to the Victorian media! 😊🥰
I was there and whilst that wasnt me I was doing the same. Libba was acting like a real knob to our crowd to the point after the game that their coaches had to pull him aside. They were not good winners that night and got their just deserts the following week which I enjoyed greatly !!!

Just pathetic that Dimma getting even more airtime on his soapbox. The one time the umpires didn’t influence that last qtr was when the arc had to overturn another terrible umpiring call against Brisbane. Still angry about that Marlion Picket non call that could’ve “cost our club millions” as Dimma would say.

Just pathetic that Dimma getting even more airtime on his soapbox. The one time the umpires didn’t influence that last qtr was when the arc had to overturn another terrible umpiring call against Brisbane. Still angry about that Marlion Picket non call that could’ve “cost our club millions” as Dimma would say.

Dimma's whinging because he knows that might be one of the last hurrahs with Dusty and the current list before they have to do some rebuild.

They are last week's news anyway. Let them sort it out with AFL. Doesn't mean much from our perspective.

He needs a reality check.

They lost the game when a group of them couldn't stop Joe. And that happened because of a breakdown in discipline - too many players went to the same spot and got in each other's way.

If it had been Joe and one or two defenders, they were more likely to stop the goal.

DIMMA LOOK AT WHAT YOU CAN CONTROL - there's plenty of 'learnings' in that play.

I hate learnings. Not a word.

Back