Email Received..........

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought too much travel was a bad thing. Canberra was an short trip to a cold familar environment, but not so the Gold Coast. You can be assured that one of those games will be against the Lions who will be rubbing their hands at now taking a leisurely one hour bus trip instead of going through another draining flight to Melbourne. When we played teams like the West Coast at Canberra it must have been a major pain in the arse for them to get there with two flights and into the arctic. Has anyone seen West Coast demolish the Lions at Brisbane. We had a good record at Canberra (although not recently) and there was some advantage for us that has now gone. Has the Duff-man forgotten that its all about winning the game ? How often is that going to happen on the dry warm field of Carrara ?

I am beginning to have my doubts about the Duffman - said nothing about staying at Arden Street long term or "out of my cold dead hand's" or anything that would lead us to believe he has any commitment to Arden Street at all - unlike his counterpart in Smorgan. He is too busy with his other commitments and seems to only have the Roos Presidency because it looks good on the CV - where the **** is he?

Contra Mundum said:
I am beginning to have my doubts about the Duffman - said nothing about staying at Arden Street long term or "out of my cold dead hand's" or anything that would lead us to believe he has any commitment to Arden Street at all - unlike his counterpart in Smorgan. He is too busy with his other commitments and seems to only have the Roos Presidency because it looks good on the CV - where the **** is he?

Don't sweat it.

He was on the telly before stating that relocation has never been considered and is not an option.

Think about it CM, if they were seriously considering relocation, would they have given Southport the arse?

I don't think so.

Flag Man said:
Don't sweat it.

He was on the telly before stating that relocation has never been considered and is not an option.

Think about it CM, if they were seriously considering relocation, would they have given Southport the arse?

I don't think so.

It gives me little comfort because we are the bum boys of the AFL and they want to "grow emerging markets" - why did'nt he say that to the members it is what I wanted to hear most - he can **** off back to Dubai for all I care

Feck. Just realised the real personal down side.

I'm a fully serviced 'One World' airline snob (especially when it comes to my frequent flyer points).

Bloody hell - only Virgin or JetStar fly to the Gold Coast these days.

Am going to have to fly to Brisbane and hire a car from Hertz or Avis.

And geez - didn't expect this news to be received as 'the end of the world' by so many.

I'm much more positive about this than the proposed Fitzroy merger back in '96. At least this way, we aint merging ever with anyone.

Lidge said:
Bloody hell - only Virgin or JetStar fly to the Gold Coast these days.

Am going to have to fly to Brisbane and hire a car from Hertz or Avis.

The highway linking Brisbane to the Gold Coast is very good.

I've got a few clients on the Gold Coast, so I might have to organise a few business trips that happen to co-incide with our games up there.

Let me know if you want to share a car to the game.

Lidge said:
And geez - didn't expect this news to be received as 'the end of the world' by so many.

I do feel that the club made the wrong decision to abandon Canberra for the Gold Coast.

But as long as we remain a Melbourne based club and wear the royal blue and white, I'll still support the boys and buy my membership.

Shinboners said:
But as long as we remain a Melbourne based club and wear the royal blue and white, I'll still support the boys and buy my membership.

Yep, next 3-4 years are absolutely critical. As many supporters as possible need to jump on board as well as us pumping the AFL for as much as we can. This is our chance to take our destiny in our own hands and make sure we don't have to kowtow to the AFL any more than necessary.

Shinboners said:
That was an offer for everyone right Shinners? :thumbsu:

Shinboners said:
The highway linking Brisbane to the Gold Coast is very good.

I've got a few clients on the Gold Coast, so I might have to organise a few business trips that happen to co-incide with our games up there.

As you get to the Gold Coast on the M1, it changes from 100 kph to 110 kph. There is often a speed camera around Yatala, so watch your speed!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shinboners said:

That is the critical factor in whether or not my family renews memberships.

I think we should have stuck with Canberra.

Hopefully Duff and Walsh will be gloating in a couple of year saying "I told you so."

Thought we should have stuck with Canberra, but Im done with moaning and am willing to trust the club to make us some money.

Will also give me an excuse to hit the GC for some party weekends over winter over the next 3 years....cant imagine massive Cararra crowds though..

FrangaRoo said:
Thought we should have stuck with Canberra, but Im done with moaning and am willing to trust the club to make us some money.

Yep. Waking up on Friday morning and I don't feel as bad about it as last night.

FrangaRoo said:
Will also give me an excuse to hit the GC for some party weekends over winter over the next 3 years....cant imagine massive Cararra crowds though..

Again, it's up to the club to sell it properly. Hopefully they can arrange some weekend-footy packages for fans to go and watch the boys on the Gold Coast. And I would think that it would be far easier to sell Gold Coast packages (warm weather, the beaches, all those theme parks) than Canberra ones.

Shinboners said:
We might have to get a mini-bus. :D

That would be a great trip. The 'Big Footy' tour bus heading up the Newell with stops every hour or so as we settled disputes and had a smoko/coffee break on the side of the road. We could detour through Canberra and collect our friends from there as well.

Mr Reliable said:
That would be a great trip. The 'Big Footy' tour bus heading up the Newell with stops every hour or so as we settled disputes and had a smoko/coffee break on the side of the road. We could detour through Canberra and collect our friends from there as well.

Would be a weird trip. Everyone sitting on the bus, with wireless laptops connected and talking to each other through this board.

Lidge said:
Would be a weird trip. Everyone sitting on the bus, with wireless laptops connected and talking to each other through this board.

HAHAHA.

How far would we get down the highway before Ding threw me off the bus?:D

Flag Man said:
HAHAHA.

How far would we get down the highway before Ding threw me off the bus?:D

And if we were to talk without the internet, we'd have the mods walking around revoking privleges, sending us to the naughty corner for swearing. But at least we could physically beat up on any trolls we encounter.
;)

Hmmm Roos News has appeared in my inbox but not the letter from Duff. :rolleyes:

I'm feeling slightly more rational this morning and I'll be certainly renewing my membership next year etc but I'm certainly going to be voicing my discontent about the way I feel members and supporters were ignored in all of this and my strong concerns that we've just given up the right to be taken seriously.

EDIT - Emailed the club and got a very nice, apologetic email within 5 minutes. So a genuine well done to the club there :)

Lidge said:
And if we were to talk without the internet, we'd have the mods walking around revoking privleges, sending us to the naughty corner for swearing. But at least we could physically beat up on any trolls we encounter.
;)
If you bring along your friends from the soccer thread on tsk...I'm tipping that we'll need more than one bus.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back